Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Grizzly Cartridge co. #145575 05/28/2014 3:31 PM
lilguy Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I have ordered from them in the past but I'm having problems with them now.
Does anyone have a favorite cast bullet co that is dependable and provides good customer service? Thanks all.

Re: Grizzly Cartridge co. [Re: lilguy] #145578 05/28/2014 4:06 PM
Whitworth Offline
Shootist
Shootist
 Originally Posted By: lilguy
I have ordered from them in the past but I'm having problems with them now.
Does anyone have a favorite cast bullet co that is dependable and provides good customer service? Thanks all.

I am on the phone with Mike Rintoul as I type this. The problem is that he -- like others in the industry -- are having trouble keeping up with the volume of orders. PM me your contact info and I will check on your order.

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

BIG IRON: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6aXjMH5C30

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s

Re: Grizzly Cartridge co. [Re: Whitworth] #145586 05/29/2014 12:59 AM
Raptortrapper Offline
Shooting Master
Shooting Master
I have used Cast Performance with no trouble at all, so far...

A lot of people are like a slinky: Not much fun till you push them down the stairs!

Lifetime Member of the NRA! Wish I'd a done it sooner.
Re: Grizzly Cartridge co. [Re: Raptortrapper] #145597 05/29/2014 2:49 AM
lilguy Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Put in an order several weeks ago and got a confirmation email. Called last week and left a message then faxed a request to get a time frame. Waited 5 days per web site for return call and nothing. Called this Tuesday and spoke to Mike gave him my info and apparently he couldn't find order and said he'd call me back, nothing. Called again today and left message asking for up date, I don't think
It's to much to ask for, nothing. If you can't supply your customers than don't advertise product. Don't take orders and funds and then ignore customer requests for follow up.

Last edited by lilguy; 05/29/2014 2:51 AM.
Re: Grizzly Cartridge co. [Re: lilguy] #145599 05/29/2014 9:30 AM
dhom Offline
addict
addict
I just had the same problem. It would go a long way for them to keep an open line of communications!

Re: Grizzly Cartridge co. [Re: lilguy] #145601 05/29/2014 10:01 AM
Whitworth Offline
Shootist
Shootist
Put in an order several weeks ago and got a confirmation email. Called last week and left a message then faxed a request to get a time frame. Waited 5 days per web site for return call and nothing. Called this Tuesday and spoke to Mike gave him my info and apparently he couldn't find order and said he'd call me back, nothing. Called again today and left message asking for up date, I don't think
It's to much to ask for, nothing. If you can't supply your customers than don't advertise product. Don't take orders and funds and then ignore customer requests for follow up.

lilguy, check your PMs.

Let me add something here, perhaps a little different perspective. I am often in a position where I need to review a firearm over a short period of time, to include accuracy testing on the range, and often a field test (hunt). For manufacturers of products in the industry, like ammo manufacturers, it is a chance for free advertisement. More often than I would like to admit, it is difficult for me to get ammo, and when I do, quantities are very limited. The entire ammunition manufacturing industry is reeling from the overload of orders that are still taking place by a panicking populace. They are having a hard time procuring the materials they need to manufacture their products, orders are backed up, and everything is subsequently taking much longer than normal. So, before we indict, consider the state of affairs in the industry. Since this Administration came to power, it seems the only industry that has flourished is the firearms industry.......

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s

Re: Grizzly Cartridge co. [Re: Whitworth] #145606 05/29/2014 6:20 PM
lilguy Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I disagree with your premiss that non communication is an industry wide problem.
In this same time frame I've had very positive back and forth communications going on with Speer, Hornady, Starline, Graft and Sons, Midway and Precision Scopes.
None of them can supply me everything I need at the moment, but they ALL communicate with me with needed information. When you can't meet an obligation in a reasonable time, communicate that to the customer, it's not that difficult.
So, it took more than a week to get a simple answer as to when they would send my order. I received an email at 12:30 am this morning apologizing for the delay and stating 3-4 weeks till shipment. That's acceptable. They produce a good bullet for my 480, they just need to communicate what's going on in a timely manner.

Last edited by lilguy; 05/29/2014 6:22 PM.
Re: Grizzly Cartridge co. [Re: lilguy] #145609 05/29/2014 6:49 PM
Whitworth Offline
Shootist
Shootist
I disagree with your premiss that non communication is an industry wide problem.
In this same time frame I've had very positive back and forth communications going on with Speer, Hornady, Starline, Graft and Sons, Midway and Precision Scopes.
None of them can supply me everything I need at the moment, but they ALL communicate with me with needed information. When you can't meet an obligation in a reasonable time, communicate that to the customer, it's not that difficult.
So, it took more than a week to get a simple answer as to when they would send my order. I received an email at 12:30 am this morning apologizing for the delay and stating 3-4 weeks till shipment. That's acceptable. They produce a good bullet for my 480, they just need to communicate what's going on in a timely manner.

I never made that declaration. I simply stated that delays and availability are suffering as a result of the public's buying spree over the last few years. Communications are a different story altogether, I agree.

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

Re: Grizzly Cartridge co. [Re: lilguy] #145652 05/30/2014 8:14 AM
FAH Offline
Hey Guys thought I'd jump in here since I have experience ordering from CPB, Montana Bullet Works and Beartooth Bullets.
I placed and order back on January 28, 2014 with BT and just received confirmation of shipment today! I have ordered from CPB in the interim and received my order within 6 weeks. Non of these companies communicated with me to keep me up to date and with BT I just thought they lost my order and was VERY surprised to get an email that it just shipped. Yes communication would be nice, as I get irritated too when I don't hear anything for a long period of time. But I also understand that these are small businesses and they do all they can to get orders out, after all if they don't, they don't get paid.
I've spoken to Marshall Stanton of BT and know he's an up-standing guy. I don't know Mike personally but know of him and feel that anyone who's a handgun hunter and has a business of supplying the rest of us must be up-standing too. Bottom line we gotta give these small business guys a chance they need all hands on deck to get the orders out and probably have that comm's person casting bullets instead of emailing. Best advice is to order way before you need to resupply. I'm placing another order with BT now for the same bullets that's coming in tomorrow.
Good luck my friends we're all in this together.

Practice Perfect
FAH
Re: Grizzly Cartridge co. [Re: FAH] #145656 05/30/2014 10:23 AM
Whitworth Offline
Shootist
Shootist
Well said, FAH!

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

Re: Grizzly Cartridge co. [Re: Whitworth] #145680 05/30/2014 3:03 PM
KRal Offline
Shootist
Shootist
 Originally Posted By: Whitworth
Well said, FAH!

And I'll second that also. I placed an order with BT back in December and just got a conformation yesterday that it shipped. I've mainly used MBT in the past for cast, but they've not been in production in a while.

You just have to realize the shortage with any shooting components at this time. It's hard to find any bullets of any caliber right now.

It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze.
Re: Grizzly Cartridge co. [Re: Whitworth] #145682 05/30/2014 3:28 PM
lilguy Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
To get back on topic, the discussion is about communication with customers that have sent money for product. It's not about the state of the component industry.
If you are advertising product and a customer orders and pays, you owe him a timely answer to the simple question "when can I expect shipment".

Re: Grizzly Cartridge co. [Re: lilguy] #145683 05/30/2014 3:32 PM
KRal Offline
Shootist
Shootist
To get back on topic, the discussion is about communication with customers that have sent money for product. It's not about the state of the component industry.
If you are advertising product and a customer orders and pays, you owe him a timely answer to the simple question "when can I expect shipment".

Sorry, I was not billed until the order was shipped. So technically, I paid for it one day and got it the next.
;\)

It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze.
Re: Grizzly Cartridge co. [Re: KRal] #145716 05/31/2014 2:36 AM
lilguy Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I was charged 3 weeks ago, is on this just arrived CC bill and I won't get it for another month. I've paid for the right to get a question answered.

Re: Grizzly Cartridge co. [Re: lilguy] #145718 05/31/2014 3:02 AM
s4s4u Offline
Shootist
Shootist
 Quote:
I've paid for the right to get a question answered.

That you have. I don't know if this outfit is a one man show or not, and perhaps there is little time to spare, but to completely ignore a customer is unacceptable. I am a one man show woodworker with a nice website and loyal following, but to attempt to get me by phone will be unsuccessful. If you leave a message I will get you back, eventually. Email is always better for me.

I hope this ends well for you.

Rod, too.

Short cuts often lead to long recoveries.
Re: Grizzly Cartridge co. [Re: s4s4u] #145746 05/31/2014 8:53 PM
sw282 Offline
addict
addict
lf l ask a question..Verbal or written,l expect an answer in a timely manner...l answer when questioned and deserve the same of others...Be it the Prez of GM or the guy that picks up my trash...

Re: Grizzly Cartridge co. [Re: sw282] #146741 06/21/2014 2:51 PM
lilguy Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Follow up. I realize .476 bullets are not a hot item by any means. In the interim I searched out other suppliers of cast bullets.

Hats off to Hunters Supply. Answered the phone when I called and kept me informed by E mail until CB's arrived a week later.

A double hats off and sincere dose of gratitude to Mastercast Bullets. Their net followup is first rate and the response
to my request was beyond what I have ever experienced with
other shooting related companies in 42 years.

Both small companies, neither of them aware of any prior issues I've had ordering product. Customer care/follow up is not Quantum mechanics or expensive.

Last edited by lilguy; 06/21/2014 2:53 PM.
Re: Grizzly Cartridge co. [Re: Whitworth] #146764 06/22/2014 12:58 PM
campbellkids Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
Communication is the key to everything.

Re: Grizzly Cartridge co. [Re: campbellkids] #146765 06/22/2014 1:06 PM
campbellkids Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
I called numerous places looking for 45-90 brass a few months ago. Every single one of them either called back or e-mailed me with in days, some were hours. I ended up finding some at Jamison brass. They knew it was scarce and still didn't rape me. Then about a month later, Starline sent me two e-mails informing me that a production was starting. Then both Buffalo Arms and Track of the Wolf sent me notes informing me that they had Starline brass. None of these companies raised the prices up to panic prices. Maybe you should retire the handcannon and take up BPCR.

Re: Grizzly Cartridge co. [Re: campbellkids] #146766 06/22/2014 1:48 PM
Raptortrapper Offline
Shooting Master
Shooting Master
 Originally Posted By: campbellkids
Maybe you should retire the handcannon...

I about fell out of my chair! SHAME ON YOU!!!

A lot of people are like a slinky: Not much fun till you push them down the stairs!

Lifetime Member of the NRA! Wish I'd a done it sooner.
Re: Grizzly Cartridge co. [Re: Raptortrapper] #146864 06/25/2014 5:04 PM
MIHunter Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I have called them a couple times in the past week trying to place an order and no one has called me back yet.

Re: Grizzly Cartridge co. [Re: MIHunter] #146881 06/26/2014 4:13 AM
lilguy Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
They said I should get them this week, we will see,

Re: Grizzly Cartridge co. [Re: lilguy] #147100 07/03/2014 3:27 PM
lilguy Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Just when you expect delivery, it's another 3-4weeks. This is like dealing with an insurance company.

Re: Grizzly Cartridge co. [Re: lilguy] #147127 07/04/2014 4:32 AM
lilguy Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Canceled order, three other suppliers can deliver product now. They even answer the phone when you call.

Re: Grizzly Cartridge co. [Re: Whitworth] #147704 07/21/2014 10:34 AM
campbellkids Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
I backordered brass from starline and buffallo. They are great at communications. The entire industry is swamped. Think about getting hundreds of calls and people asking about items but not really ordering, etc. It would be enough to drive you nuts. The days of built-up stock in the back room is over.

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 74 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod