Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A simple thank you. (possibly long winded) #147539 07/17/2014 12:10 AM
Boot Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I read something or other here most every day. I generally don't post alot, simply because my handgun hunting experience is limited to the past few years, and pretty much just local deer hunting here in Ga, with a few odd rimfire romps thru the woods looking for limb rats. Pretty hum-drum compared to some of yall, which brings me to the point of this post. I'd like to say thank you, to those who put this website/forum together, and maintain it. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading and learning here for the past few years, and hope to enjoy many more. I imagine it requires a ton of work and effort, but I suspect it's a labor of love as well. My hunting budget won't allow trips to Alaska, or Africa, or somewhere far away and exotic, so I'd also like to say thanks to those who take the time to write and post their adventures in hunting with their handguns. I have read most every hunting story I could find here, some of them, a few times. Some of you guys are genuinely great writers and story tellers. So there it is, a simple, if long winded, thank you to those who make this a great place. I didn't mention any names, for fear of leaving a deserving individual out, and not giving the earned recognition. To all who make such quality contributions, and keep 'em coming.

Re: A simple thank you. (possibly long winded) [Re: Boot] #147540 07/17/2014 12:32 AM
racksmasher1 Offline
veteran
veteran
Boot, there is a wide range of hunters here on this forum, everyone picks up knowledge from each other,A lot of folks here are very accomplished hunters, they share their knowledge with us all and we learn through each others experience.

Re: A simple thank you. (possibly long winded) [Re: Boot] #147542 07/17/2014 12:34 AM
Chance Weldon Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
 Originally Posted By: Boot
I'd like to say thank you, to those who put this website/forum together, and maintain it. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading and learning here for the past few years, and hope to enjoy many more. I imagine it requires a ton of work and effort, but I suspect it's a labor of love as well. My hunting budget won't allow trips to Alaska, or Africa, or somewhere far away and exotic, so I'd also like to say thanks to those who take the time to write and post their adventures in hunting with their handguns. I have read most every hunting story I could find here, some of them, a few times. Some of you guys are genuinely great writers and story tellers. So there it is, a simple, if long winded, thank you to those who make this a great place. I didn't mention any names, for fear of leaving a deserving individual out, and not giving the earned recognition. To all who make such quality contributions, and keep 'em coming.

X2

Formerly TN Lone Wolf

"We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided." - J.K. Rowling
Re: A simple thank you. (possibly long winded) [Re: Boot] #147556 07/17/2014 3:20 AM
archr610 Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
 Originally Posted By: Boot
I read something or other here most every day. I generally don't post alot, simply because my handgun hunting experience is limited to the past few years, and pretty much just local deer hunting here in Ga, with a few odd rimfire romps thru the woods looking for limb rats. Pretty hum-drum compared to some of yall, which brings me to the point of this post. I'd like to say thank you, to those who put this website/forum together, and maintain it. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading and learning here for the past few years, and hope to enjoy many more. I imagine it requires a ton of work and effort, but I suspect it's a labor of love as well. My hunting budget won't allow trips to Alaska, or Africa, or somewhere far away and exotic, so I'd also like to say thanks to those who take the time to write and post their adventures in hunting with their handguns. I have read most every hunting story I could find here, some of them, a few times. Some of you guys are genuinely great writers and story tellers. So there it is, a simple, if long winded, thank you to those who make this a great place. I didn't mention any names, for fear of leaving a deserving individual out, and not giving the earned recognition. To all who make such quality contributions, and keep 'em coming.

Ditto !

Support bacteria:
It's the only culture some people have
Re: A simple thank you. (possibly long winded) [Re: archr610] #147559 07/17/2014 7:10 AM
SEAK Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
Some fine handgunners here for sure.Other than time to get here and licences fees Alaska can be hunted on ten bucks a day. Walk on ferry passage is cheap out of Bellingham and any of the small town stops you can walk to deer hunting in a hour.Jump off in Wrangell and I have all you need to camp for free.

Enjoying to circle of life
Re: A simple thank you. (possibly long winded) [Re: SEAK] #147561 07/17/2014 11:18 AM
Raptortrapper Offline
Shooting Master
Shooting Master
 Originally Posted By: SEAK
Jump off in Wrangell and I have all you need to camp for free.

Ya know, that's just it. THAT is why I like this place. Most of us have never met one another, but yet we'd offer our homes to any of the other members on here without a second thought. Or we send reloading supplies to each other, or we share life's tragedies and joys together. We share personal events. We offer / receive advice, or guidance, on any number of circumstances.

We share life, not just handguns! And that makes life easier. Kinda like going to the gym... Its always easier if ya got someone to go with you.:)

Last edited by raptortrapper; 07/17/2014 11:22 AM.

A lot of people are like a slinky: Not much fun till you push them down the stairs!

Lifetime Member of the NRA! Wish I'd a done it sooner.
Re: A simple thank you. (possibly long winded) [Re: Raptortrapper] #147568 07/17/2014 2:59 PM
Scienceguy Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
Bar none the best forum I have been apart of.

Re: A simple thank you. (possibly long winded) [Re: Scienceguy] #147600 07/18/2014 8:49 AM
csherrill Offline
All I can add is that I agree with everyone. I now log in daily if not multiple times. I learn and share. Feel like I have known folks for years but wouldn't recognize them if met on the street. I enjoy being a part.

Re: A simple thank you. (possibly long winded) [Re: csherrill] #147604 07/18/2014 12:43 PM
reflex264 Offline
Gun Slinger
Gun Slinger
Yep this a great place. Great people. I try to learn something from everyone and I have been handgun hunting since 1978. Everyone's experience has great value. I love reading about the African hunts. I was headed there in 2001 with a handgun and nearly died before the hunt even happened. Still plan on going sooner or later. reflex264

"A quiet hit in the right place is better than a loud miss in the wrong place followed by 10 more shots on the run"

I was a handgun hunter, when handgun wasn't cool.....

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 94 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod