Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
volquartzen match trigger group #149182 08/31/2014 6:34 PM
nytracker Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Shot my buddies 22/45 yesterday and his trigger is light with no creep, difference of night and day compared to mine. His uncle had to have had the trigger worked on . My buddies uncle has since passed so theres no real way to know. While searching on line there's a lot of reference to volquartzen trigger mods. I was wondering if any of you have used there products and if its worth the money of about $120.00 . If you have is it really plug and play as stated on there webpage. Thanks in advance.

Save liberals from them selves, stich their sphincter closed so they cant talk out their arse
Re: volquartzen match trigger group [Re: nytracker] #149195 09/01/2014 3:15 AM
Larry in SD Offline
addict
addict
I have put in a few of the Volquartsen Accurizing Kits and I have done several trigger jobs on Ruger MKII's, MKIII's and 22/45's. Is yours a MKII or MKIII?

Truth be known you do not need the entire Volquartsen Accurizing Kit. For the most part I put in either a Volquartsen Trigger or a Clark Custom Gun Steel Ruger Trigger (my first choice) and a Volquartsen Target Sear. On the MKIII guns (standard MKIII or 22/45 MKIII) I also either use a custom aftermarket hammer bushing designed to eliminate the magazine disconnect safety, or I have also used the Volquartsen or Clark Custom Guns MKII Hammer Bushing to eliminate the magazine disconnect safety.

Generally this is all that is required to get a really decent trigger pull.

Larry

Last edited by Larry in SD; 09/01/2014 3:17 AM.

T/C Handguns, One good shot for your moment of truth !
Re: volquartzen match trigger group [Re: Larry in SD] #149196 09/01/2014 12:20 PM
nytracker Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Mine is 22/45 mark 3 hunter model nice gun when it wants to shoot. Leads up pretty easy then accuracy goes to pot. Have to shoot copper only and wont shoot remingtons. Never had a ftf or fte.

Save liberals from them selves, stich their sphincter closed so they cant talk out their arse
Re: volquartzen match trigger group [Re: nytracker] #149230 09/02/2014 3:03 PM
Bearbait in NM Offline
old hand
old hand
NY,

I have the volquartsen trigger unit in my MKIII Competition. With the wide trigger and lighter action, the pull on my gun is almost scary light. As the Ruger can be dry fired safely, before shooting live rounds I always dry fire a few times and have others who shoot my gun dry fire before any live ammo goes down range. This gets the old mind wrapped around how light the pull will be.

It is completely safe, and I like it. Others who have shot the gun also comment on liking it, but I feel that it does add a little more complexity to just plinking with the gun. And I am not sure I would recommend it for a gun that might see a lot of duty as an entry/training gun for novice or young shooters. At least at first ;^)

Craig

Northern born and Southern bred

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 100 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod