Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Holster options #9793 09/06/2005 10:16 PM
Gunman36 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello. I am new to the forum, and relatively new to handgun hunting. I have 3 Ruger Blackhawks that I have bought for handgun hunting. They are a 4 5/8 41 mag, 6.5 41 mag, and a 7.5 45 Colt. I am having a bit of an issue finding holsters for these guns, and would like to know what you all use. Right now I have nylon uncle mike's belt holsters for all 3, and I have a Bianchi 1L on the way for the 4 5/8 41 mag. Also, none of three have scopes.

While I will be using these guns as primary weapons for hunting from time to time I also plan on carrying the 4 5/8 Blackhawk as a "packin pistol" while rifle hunting.

I do not like the chest/bandolier holsters, and while I have no problem with shoulder holsters they don't fit well with the way I hunt. For my needs I think cross draw rigs would work best.

I am also thinking about carrying the pistol on a gun belt instead of the pants belt. With that in mind, I niether need nor want cartridge loops on the belt, and would perfer a plain tan belt to go with the holster.

As you can tell I am a bit lost, so any advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

As a side note I work at a gunshop here in Miami (FLA), and am a Glock armorer (in case there are any G20's in the buidling). So if I can be of any help to anyone please feel free to ask.

Thanks.

Re: Holster options [Re: Gunman36] #9794 09/06/2005 10:33 PM
Vance in AK. Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Welcome to the board Gunman.
I don't have any BHs myself so I haven't really searched out the options, but I was looking at cowboy action shooting at one time, & noticed a lot of cross-draw rigs there, & of course the Rugers are a gun of choice in that sport, so I would think a supplier there could fit your needs. I believe Cabells's has a fair line that might do you good.
Good luck!

Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."
Re: Holster options [Re: Gunman36] #9795 09/07/2005 3:48 PM
Gary Offline
Distinguished Master
Distinguished Master
Take a look at the leather holsters from Freedom Arms. They are reasonably priced and are of very good quality. I have cross-draw and strong-side holsters for my packin' pistols and even though they are made for the model 83's they also hold a blackhawk or super bh nicely. I prefer the cross-draw as my personal favorite.

You can't wait any longer. Join the NRA and start writing your Congressmen and Senators.
Re: Holster options [Re: Gunman36] #9796 09/07/2005 6:44 PM
WNY_Whitetailer Offline
Gunman36...Welcome to the site. I would recommend you contact Lou Alessi at Alessi Leather Holsters. He crafts his own top quality holsters and he may be able to help you out. He also crafts top quality gun belts too. Here's the link:

http://www.alessileather.com/

I own three of Lou's holsters and they are excellent. I have two IWB holsters and one belt slide for my Glock 23 and my S&W 6904.

Patience comes with age and you can't teach common sense

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 114 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod