Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Gas Check Makers #157398 03/18/2015 7:27 PM
358429 Offline OP
OP Offline

I was rummaging around in my reloading supplies, thinking about casting up some GC bullets for the .357. My supply of gas checks was running low. While looking for a supply on the internet I ran across this really neat advertisement.

http://www.patmarlins.com/

One of the products offered was a gas check maker that would work on plain base bullets, what a cool idea. I opened some dialogue, with the owner of the company, a Pat Green. I was impressed so I placed an order and sent off a check. My check was cashed and I got a notice from the USPS that they had received a "pre shipment" notification. I found out that it meant nothing, just that the originator was going to mail something at some unspecified time in the future.

Time passed and my device did not show up. I re contacted Mr. Green and he advised that there were some delays but my dies would ship soon. More time passed and still no die. A re contact yielded another "soon". As an old policeman this started to "smell" bad.

I did a bit more internet research and found this: http://pat-marlin.pissedconsumer.com/mor...0502405165.html

When I confronted Mr. Green about this he assumed a defensive posture and claimed that this was all my fault. I kind of take offence in being cheated, I spoke with the police in his home town and they advised that he has no business license, and that the mailing address he provides is a mail "drop" only.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it is probably fraud...

There is another side of the story, and I have found folks that have purchased the dies and were well pleased.

The best con men do occasionally "pay off" or they would soon be out of business.

Bottom line, I would strongly advise against giving this guy any money unless you are a gambler.

Some lessons are cheaper than others...!

Again some folks have been well pleased, but it sure seemed to me that I was never going to see my dies..

FYI .. results may vary..J

Re: Gas Check Makers [Re: 358429] #157448 03/20/2015 3:45 AM
FAH Offline
Great heads up, buyer B wear. Thank you

Practice Perfect
FAH

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 110 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod