Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Dang, busted my ankle just before hunting season!! #10080 09/25/2005 9:28 PM
huntkng Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Maybe 55 is to old to be playing football? Damn...my WY HHI Antelope hunt is in a little over 3 weeks away!! Tags areb bought and hunt is paid for. I'm still going; my son will have to pack em' and gut em' for me (Hey...Thats not so bad huh?) My blacktail season starts next week. At least I can still Silhoutte shoot. Whats a boy to do?? No stand hunting out west where I hunt. Spot and stalk is the only way. Guess I'll have to get them to sit me on a stump.

Bill

Re: Dang, busted my ankle just before hunting season!! [Re: huntkng] #10081 09/25/2005 11:12 PM
Tigger Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Yeah that's bad luck. Well at least you enthusiam is good!! I'm sure the hunt's will go well. GOOD LUCK!!

NRA Life Member

** NEVER! Moon a Werewolf!!**
Re: Dang, busted my ankle just before hunting season!! [Re: huntkng] #10082 09/26/2005 3:43 PM
Larry in SD Offline
addict
addict
Now that would suck, but sounds to me like you've got the right attitude. See if you can get your son to bring along a little red wagon and pull you around untill you get in position for the shot. Good luck on the hunt.

Larry

T/C Handguns, One good shot for your moment of truth !
Re: Dang, busted my ankle just before hunting season!! [Re: huntkng] #10083 09/26/2005 5:56 PM
KYODE Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
sorry, good luck, n it might be kinnda nice fer an excuse to have "the son" do most of the hard labor.

Kentucky….no place like home.
Re: Dang, busted my ankle just before hunting season!! [Re: KYODE] #10084 09/27/2005 2:31 PM
huntkng Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
The Doc said that I probably won't need surgery, he'll know next week after he see's if the bone has shifted. I'll be in a walking cast for the season. I'll put on some elbow and knee pads and crawl into position. At least with the antelope I can nearly drive into position, for the does. I sure like the idea of sending my son out to get the game...kinda like a 26 year old bird dog!

Thanks guys! Good luck hunting this year!

Bill in OR

Re: Dang, busted my ankle just before hunting season!! [Re: huntkng] #10085 09/27/2005 3:01 PM
Vance in AK. Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Good to see you'll be out there, even if it's not quite how you originally planned.
And don't worry, just about every big buck antelope crosses a road somewhere!

Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."
Re: Dang, busted my ankle just before hunting season!! [Re: Vance in AK.] #10086 09/30/2005 8:07 PM
RobR Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Bummer, know the feeling.

But at least you can still shoot. I tore my ulnar collateral ligament (the one that holds you thumb in place) on my shooting hand. They had to go in an screw the ligament back down to my thumb. Will have to shoot lefthanded - but since I haven't any time to practice, not sure how that will work out.

Re: Dang, busted my ankle just before hunting season!! [Re: huntkng] #10087 10/01/2005 3:26 AM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
sorry about the bad luck, I screwed up my arm and neck but I can still walk, just can't shoot the big thumpers, tore my shoulder in 3 places and I have two discs bulging in my neck. the doc wanted to operate on the shoulder now but my wife and I are dropping off the daughter the first week of nov. and chasing blacktails in the rut. what more could a man want, his wife all alone in a trailer in the woods and rutting deer , any how thats why I told the doc he aint cutting until I get back. Bill, where do you hunt for deer and elk here in oregon?

Last edited by wapitirod; 10/01/2005 3:28 AM.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 93 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod