Next Thread
Print Thread
Brief Review: See All Open Sight #161035 07/27/2015 3:41 AM
PsTaN Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Hello all,
This afternoon I took the SBHH out for a little range time and to try out my https://seeallopensight.com/ I bought the sight a few months ago to mount on my Glock20, but decided I'd use a Weigand base and try it on the Ruger instead. I found today that I like the sight and I intend to use it during hunting season this year barring some sort of failure.

Pros:
1. Lightweight.
2. Aluminum construction.
3. Fiber Optic gathers a lot of light. Much more than a standard FO front sight.
4. No batteries or electronics.
5. I found the accuracy was quite acceptable.

Cons:
1. Mounting is not clamp style. Two set screws are used to cinch the sight to the rail. I used plenty of blue locktight on the screws and the rail edges.
2. No positive clicks for adjustments. Makes fine adjustment tricky. We'll see how she holds zero.
3. The triangle reticle is large in a pistol application.

At 25 yards I was shooting nice groups with bullet holes touching rather easily. Dropping back to 50 yards yielded 1 1/2 inch groups and required some fine adjustments to get elevation where I was satisfied. As stated above, this was tricky, but doable being very careful. I'm sure I could shoot better with a scope, but the lack of bulk with the See All is really nice. Lastly, she passed the milk jug test at 75 yards with ease!! So, as I get more time with this sight I'll come back here and update.

Thanks all!

PsTaN

-Smith & Wesson Model 69
-Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter
-Encore Pro Hunter

"Hold your horses, the elephants are coming, and out stamped Alabama"
Re: Brief Review: See All Open Sight [Re: PsTaN] #161041 07/27/2015 1:26 PM
98Redline Offline
old hand
old hand
I really like the concept of the sight but the fact that there is absolutely zero visibility below the reticle when aiming is a deal breaker for me.

Re: Brief Review: See All Open Sight [Re: 98Redline] #161044 07/27/2015 3:06 PM
Russell Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Appreciate the info. Bought one last year intending to put it on my .45 Colt for deer season didn't like the coarseness of the 'triangle' and took it off. May have to pull it out and give it a try.

It's not the gun, but the man behind it.

Sheriff Russell Cottle, Ret.
USMC; 1967-1970; Vietnam-'68-'69
Re: Brief Review: See All Open Sight [Re: Russell] #161056 07/28/2015 12:38 AM
Brenden Offline
addict
addict
I bought one several months ago. It was very accurate on my 41 Blackhawk, but like others, the triangle just didn't work for me. At arms distance, it just too bulky.

I feel on a long gun where the distance between the eye and optic is shorter, it would be fine. I'm currently building a 35 Whelen and 308 rifle, so I'll try it there.

Brenden

Re: Brief Review: See All Open Sight [Re: Brenden] #161065 07/28/2015 2:38 AM
PsTaN Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I agree the reticle is too large as is. One would think See All would offer a lens that corrected this in a pistol application, or a pistol specific optic. I really like the concept of this sight and am willing to give it a thorough opportunity, but there are some attributes that could be much better. If I decide to ditch it I'll give my thoughts ... I'll go Ultradot if I do. I am concerned about the lack of light in a shooting house during prime time.

And Russell ... Thanks for your service!

Last edited by PsTaN; 07/28/2015 2:43 AM.

PsTaN

-Smith & Wesson Model 69
-Encore Pro Hunter

Re: Brief Review: See All Open Sight [Re: PsTaN] #161215 08/02/2015 6:55 PM
PsTaN Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I sent an email to SeeAll about the reticle size last week. Response came within minutes which was quite nice. They are aware of the large reticle in pistols and are "exploring ideas" on a fix. Seems the lens is the most expensive part to manufacture, so they are looking at other options. One would assume a different reticle that magnification didn't effect as much. I suggested European 3 Post.

PsTaN

-Smith & Wesson Model 69
-Encore Pro Hunter

Re: Brief Review: See All Open Sight [Re: PsTaN] #165501 11/03/2015 2:06 AM
PsTaN Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Update: I decided that my Super Blackhawk Hunter needed the UltraDot, so I made that move. The fact that I would be using the SBH from shooting houses late in the day sold me on the change. The SeeAll needs light from above that just won't be there. I also felt the dot would be better for me at longer ranges.

With that said, I moved the SeeAll over to my Glock20 and really enjoy the sight on this gun. I mounted the sight with a Carver Hunter Mount and accuracy is excellent. I'll hunt this setup in a few of my stands that only offer shots 35 yards and in.

Thanks

PsTaN

Last edited by PsTaN; 11/03/2015 2:08 AM.

PsTaN

-Smith & Wesson Model 69
-Encore Pro Hunter

Re: Brief Review: See All Open Sight [Re: PsTaN] #165526 11/03/2015 11:18 PM
Jim The Brit Offline
Cheers for the review. I considered one for my .357 carbine (would be SBR in your neck of the woods) but went red dot.

Got a project coming up with a dangerous game slant and I think the See All is a good little idea, obviously with back up irons. The lack of batteries and electronics is a big plus for me.
At the price they seem a bit of a steal especially as, like many American companies, they give British forces military discount. I do love your countries respect for the military.

Thanks again for the cracking review.

Re: Brief Review: See All Open Sight [Re: Jim The Brit] #167502 12/15/2015 2:27 AM
PsTaN Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
While I didn't take the shots, I was able to take aim on a couple of deer this weekend with the SeeAll ... I liked. The triangle is easy to find and the light gathering characteristics were very nice. As I had thought, it's gonna be perfect for 50-and-In I do believe.

PsTaN

-Smith & Wesson Model 69
-Encore Pro Hunter

Re: Brief Review: See All Open Sight [Re: PsTaN] #168650 01/24/2016 4:04 AM
PsTaN Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I did in fact take my buck this year with the SeeAll Sight. Performed flawlessly. I just saw that a much more pistol friendly version is being released at SHOT. I will purchase when available to do so.

http://youtu.be/A-aXtvYnoR4

Edit: they actually did go to a 3-Post Reticle as I mentioned above.

Last edited by PsTaN; 01/24/2016 4:09 AM.

PsTaN

-Smith & Wesson Model 69
-Encore Pro Hunter

Re: Brief Review: See All Open Sight [Re: PsTaN] #168661 01/24/2016 3:55 PM
s4s4u Offline
Shootist
Shootist
 Originally Posted By: PsTaN
I did in fact take my buck this year with the SeeAll Sight. Performed flawlessly. I just saw that a much more pistol friendly version is being released at SHOT. I will purchase when available to do so.

http://youtu.be/A-aXtvYnoR4

Edit: they actually did go to a 3-Post Reticle as I mentioned above.

I like the looks of that new sight. Any idea on the pricetag?

Rod, too.

Short cuts often lead to long recoveries.
Re: Brief Review: See All Open Sight [Re: s4s4u] #168662 01/24/2016 4:01 PM
PsTaN Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I sent another Email to SeeAll last night inquiring about the new sight. Once I get some info, I'll post here. The Gen1 sight was $100. I'm thinking this one will be in the $200-$275 range. We'll see ...

PsTaN

-Smith & Wesson Model 69
-Encore Pro Hunter

Re: Brief Review: See All Open Sight [Re: PsTaN] #168778 02/01/2016 5:44 PM
98Redline Offline
old hand
old hand
I thought they had posted on the FB page that the new sight would be around $180 or so.

Re: Brief Review: See All Open Sight [Re: 98Redline] #168785 02/02/2016 5:16 AM
PsTaN Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
They may have, 98, I don't do the Facebook thing. Their last communication with me indicated that they are waiting on licensing for the tritium insert.

PsTaN

-Smith & Wesson Model 69
-Encore Pro Hunter

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 103 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod