Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Buffalo Bore Ammo #162176 08/28/2015 11:38 PM
DarkTimber Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I have a S&W M-29 and a Dan Wesson M-715, both are early 80s vintage. Since I don't hand load I want to use premium ammo like BB when I hunt.

I've notice the BB loads have a much higher velocity/energy level when comparing similar bullet weights in a standard ammo manufacturer.

I know they're not Rugers or FA and I don't want to shoot either of these guns apart.

So if I don't shoot a steady diet - mainly check zero, a few practice rounds and hunting - will these higher energy loads damage either of these guns?

Re: Buffalo Bore Ammo [Re: DarkTimber] #162195 08/29/2015 6:28 PM
FAH Offline
"So if I don't shoot a steady diet - mainly check zero, a few practice rounds and hunting - will these higher energy loads damage either of these guns?"

Shouldn't be any damage if used sparingly. I use BB's 325 gr. in .45 colt and shoot it sparingly in my S&W 625 4" Mountain gun and get good results, I carry that load when in Grizz country. My hand load is a high end 24 gr of Win 296 with a 300 gr LFNGC in .45 colt. and again sparingly. My practice hand loads are less potent but with the same bullet.
Good luck and enjoy.

Practice Perfect
FAH
Re: Buffalo Bore Ammo [Re: FAH] #162225 08/30/2015 5:22 AM
freedom475 Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
Most of BB's 44's can be fired in the S&W....but the big stuff is NOT for the 29..

I cut this from BB's web sight...

We get hundreds of emails asking if this load can be fired in S&W revolvers or some firearm other than what is in the above list. The answer is NO. The above list is all inclusive. If some shooters continue to irresponsibly use this product, we may have to discontinue it and that would be unfortunate as it is our best selling 44 mag. load and it gives great performance for those that use it responsibly however, as is always the case, irresponsible use of any product ends up penalizing responsible users

So if you just read the fine print for the loads you are wanting to use, Sundles does a real nice job of labeling and informing about each load.

Mister, why do you carry a 45? "Because Sam Colt don't make a 46."
Re: Buffalo Bore Ammo [Re: DarkTimber] #162233 08/30/2015 12:03 PM
DarkTimber Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Thanks, FAH. I thought as much, but wanted to get a more experienced second opinion.

freedon475, I should have been more specific. You are quoting from the .44 +P+ ammo. I was looking at BBs Heavy .44 loads which says it's suitable for all steel handguns but still has a sizable increase in energy.

Thanks again for the replies.

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 101 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod