Next Thread
Print Thread
Leupold Deltapoint on New SBH .454 #167467 12/14/2015 1:12 AM
TwistedBeech Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hey Guys,

First off, I'm not new to the forum as I used to post under a different name but have been away for a while (~5 yrs) and forgot my password. I'm glad to be back.

Anyway, I am near to pulling the trigger on one of these new pieces. This will be my first SA revolver. I've considered the FA model 83 PG for nearly a decade but just could never justify the $2800 price tag. Now that Ruger has put out a SBH in my favorite handgun caliber at a reasonable price, the decision was made for me. Like all my other firearms (excluding my semi autos) I need to top this firearm with some form of optic. In trying to keep the gun as light, nimble and compact as possible, I've decided it needs to wear a small, lightweight reflex sight, i.e. Leupold Deltapoint Pro.

My question is, is anyone aware of a mounting solution that will work with this combination? In doing some research, I have found only two options:

-Weigand Combat Mount WEIG-A-TINNY (not an option for me) http://www.jackweigand.com/Ruger-Super-Blackhawk-454-480-Ruger-Scope-Mount.html

-Custom smithing, such as:
http://www.amerigunusa.com/red-dot-mounts-trijicon-rmr-deltapoint-fastfire-vortex/

Leupold does offer a mounting kit for the Deltapoint but I can neither confirm or deny that it will work with the SBH Casull.

Anyone got any ideas or suggestions? I appreciate any input.

If God didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat.
Re: Leupold Deltapoint on New SBH .454 [Re: TwistedBeech] #167482 12/14/2015 2:43 PM
SChunter Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
Twisted Beech,

First and foremost, welcome back!

Secondly, the Amerigun option looks similar to the base plates available (and the ones that I use) for the S&W and FA guns. Unfortunately Ruger nor Leupold make an option from the factory
\:\(

I like the streamlined look of the Amerigun, as it sits the sight lower to the bore. The other option than the Weig-a-tinny would be to mount a standard Weaver/Picatinny base to the Ruger (or chopped/milled down) and use the standard slotted attachment for the DeltaPoint. Don't bother buying the mounting kit for the DeltaPoint, as it won't assist you in this project.

Re: Leupold Deltapoint on New SBH .454 [Re: SChunter] #167483 12/14/2015 2:50 PM
magman Offline
old hand
old hand
Look at the jpoint base for the super redhawk. Not if it will work for the deltapoint.

NRA LIFE MEMBER NAHC LIFE MEMBER
Re: Leupold Deltapoint on New SBH .454 [Re: magman] #167484 12/14/2015 3:59 PM
Arokcrwlr Offline
stranger
stranger
Not a Deltapoint, but I used the Amerigun mount for a RMR on my SBH 480.

Not a cheap option, but it sits low on the gun and was what I was looking for. The only downside is they request you to send the whole gun to them to fit the base.

-Kraig
Re: Leupold Deltapoint on New SBH .454 [Re: Arokcrwlr] #167487 12/14/2015 5:57 PM
GlennS Offline
old hand
old hand
My all time favorite is the TSOB. But I thought Weigand had a different version for the top but looking at their site, I don't see it listed anymore. That new one is hideous. I'm glad it works but dang its ugly. The JPoint and the deltapoint use the same base screw plate I think. You'd have to check it but I think for the FAs, they have the same plate. The RMR is different with the FAs.

If I were to scope one of mine, I'd probably order a TSOB from SSK or send it to them for installation. They sit really low and are bomb proof.

Here is one on one of my Supers.

"Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt"
Re: Leupold Deltapoint on New SBH .454 [Re: GlennS] #167521 12/15/2015 2:14 PM
98Redline Offline
old hand
old hand
Evoloution Gun Works has a mount for the Deltapoint that replaces the rear sight. I believe they may be the company that produces them for JP

http://www.egwguns.com/index.php?p=product&id=824

Last edited by 98Redline; 12/15/2015 2:14 PM.

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 138 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod