Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E. A. Brown vs MOA #10614 10/17/2005 2:52 AM
AlanF Offline OP
OP Offline
New member and first time posting. Looking for some advice about purchasing a pistol for hunting and silhouette shooting. Can some of you share your experiences with the MOA and Brown BF pistols. Would like to hear both pros and cons on these two. I have never had any experience with either and I really could use some advice. Where would you spend your money? Thanks.

Alan F

calhoonfan@yahoo.com

Faith. Freedom. Family.
Re: E. A. Brown vs MOA [Re: AlanF] #10615 10/17/2005 3:09 AM
Ernie Offline
Distinguished Master
Distinguished Master
Alan,
Welcome. I have an MOA with three barrels. My barrels are extremely accurate (22-250 AI, 260 Rem., 6.5-284). I don't do sillywets, but it has taken deer and elk and is capable of hitting clay pigeons @ 1000 yards. You could say, Mine is not for sale!

Ernie the Un-Tactical
Re: E. A. Brown vs MOA [Re: AlanF] #10616 10/17/2005 2:53 PM
huntkng Offline
addict
addict
Hi Allan,

I shoot Pistol Silhouette because I want to be a better handgun hunter. I reguarly hit 40's on UAS Big Bore using my T/C in 30 Bower AK and 38's - 40's in UAS 1/2 scale using an xp in 6BR and T/C in 6mm TCU. These are the same guns I hunt with. I've had the BF pistol but sold it. Mine was an old one and didn't eject well, it also didn't fit my hand. I didn't like it. I've shot the MOA and really like them. I just can't justify the expense of a $1000.00 gun when a $400.00 Contender does the same job and has more options in barrel / calibers.

I leave in a few days for HHI WY antelope hunt. I made the longest hit of my hunting life with that old 30 Bower AK on a past HHI hunt. It now has thousands of rounds through the tube. Silhouette shooting gave me the confidence to make that shot. My Silhouette guns are going with me.

Bill in OR

Re: E. A. Brown vs MOA [Re: huntkng] #10617 10/17/2005 4:51 PM
Tigger Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
I have handled both and I have shot the Brown in 30-40 AI. The MOA looks like a great gun, the only thing that I did not like about it was the transfer bar. There is a button on the side of the action that you push down. I just seemed to me that the cartridge was a long way down in there.

The Brown I shot was very nice also. The trigger guard drops the whole breech block assembly out of the way and ejects the cartridge nicely. When the action is closed it snaps shut tight. We were shooting 30-40 factory loads to fire form the AI and it was grouping nicely at 100 yards. I guess if I was going to spend the $1,000 for either it would be the Brown.

Just remember these are built on order, and the lead time is like 6 to 9 months for both.

NRA Life Member

** NEVER! Moon a Werewolf!!**

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Okie Hunter), 48 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod