Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Handgun Hunting Magazines #10773 10/28/2005 4:08 PM
Rick Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Does anyone know of routinely published hangun hunting magazines? I am tired of buying a magazines for one or two articles and then findings these articles are sponsored by a particular manufacturer and the most talked about item is their product. What about good handgun hunting videos or dvds? I enjoy watching vidoes when I can't hunt, but frankly I am tired of seeing bow hunting and long gun hunting. In the entire Realtree series there is only one handgun hunt. The footage was less than 3 minutes.
Thanks
Rick

P.S. Handgun hunting magazine is on the way to Afghanstan. I sent my copy to a hunting buddy that is stationed there.

Re: Handgun Hunting Magazines [Re: Rick] #10774 10/28/2005 5:02 PM
Gary Offline
Distinguished Master
Distinguished Master
The only other publication that is published regularly is the sixgunner from SSK but it's not a magazine - more of a newsletter.

You can't wait any longer. Join the NRA and start writing your Congressmen and Senators.
Re: Handgun Hunting Magazines [Re: Rick] #10775 10/28/2005 7:37 PM
JD HHI 6092 Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
There are a few videos out there. I currently own 5. None are very good but they are about handgun hunting. There is one called 'Short Barrel Bucks' that I've been trying to find.

You can say that you support the troops all you want, but your actions speak louder than your words.

MSgt, USAF, (Ret)
Re: Handgun Hunting Magazines [Re: JD HHI 6092] #10776 10/28/2005 8:30 PM
Rick Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Thanks for the information. I had a subsrciption to SSK's publication. However, it was not what I was looking for. Thanks again.
Rick

Re: Handgun Hunting Magazines [Re: Rick] #10777 10/29/2005 2:33 AM
DwarvenChef Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm also looking for good info and groups into handgun hunting. I have sub's with this and HHI and enjoy both, but I'm still needing more or better info. As handgun hunting is the minority of hunting we will have to take what we can get while spreading the word.

===========
T/C Addict
Re: Handgun Hunting Magazines [Re: DwarvenChef] #10778 10/30/2005 3:08 PM
SeanVHA60013 Offline
I know the feeling! I was a member of HHI for several years, but the magazine was either almost exclusively devoted to SSK products or at best had the occasional story featuring a Freedom arms revolver.

I mostly kept up my membership in HHI order to read Doc Larry Rodgers very interesting and informative articles on varmint hunting with TC Contenders and XP 100s.

I love the Varmint Hunters Association, and switched from HHI to VHA but again, handgun articles are few and far between.

I have found that the few handgun and single shot handgun hunting forums out there provide some of what we are looking for as well. This forum and the Accurate Reloading forums have been a source of great conversation over the years

Where else could I post a pic of such varmint hunting fun as taking an Opossum with a Beretta 950bs Minx in .22 Short?

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 89 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod