Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Component availability #171954 08/11/2016 10:26 AM
racksmasher1 Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
For the most part, we can pretty much get whatever we need, right now, the closer we get to the election I think ammo will start drying up, then reloading components, start stocking up boys, if Hillary wins we are headed for tough times in the shooting world.

Re: Component availability [Re: racksmasher1] #171956 08/11/2016 1:10 PM
nytracker Offline
addict
addict
Hopefully my local guy got my winchester LG pp in this week . Just adding to my stock pile . Definitely getting thinner around here.

Save liberals from them selves, stich their sphincter closed so they cant talk out their arse
Re: Component availability [Re: nytracker] #171957 08/11/2016 1:45 PM
Chance Weldon Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Yeah, I'm probably going to pick up some more powder before November.

Formerly TN Lone Wolf

"We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided." - J.K. Rowling
Re: Component availability [Re: Chance Weldon] #171958 08/11/2016 5:49 PM
Franchise Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Try to keep a level head boys. The manufacturers are going to keep making what they always do, the problem (everyone buying 10,000 rounds and/or brass) is the real cause for the shortages. It always has been. Don't Panic. If everyone freaks the hell out, no matter who wins, there won't be 💩 to buy for months.I've had several guys in the industry tell me this. The manufacturers LOVE this panic. It makes them a lot of 💰 This happens every 4 years.

The Eyes are Useless, When The Mind Is Blind
Re: Component availability [Re: Franchise] #171963 08/11/2016 10:44 PM
nytracker Offline
addict
addict
Well my lgs ordered 10 boxes of winchester lpp got 3 and saved a box for me . The other 2 boxes sold an hour before I got there. He has been out of lg pistol primers for 3 plus weeks .Now to order a couple bullet molds.

Last edited by nytracker; 08/11/2016 10:45 PM.

Save liberals from them selves, stich their sphincter closed so they cant talk out their arse
Re: Component availability [Re: nytracker] #171964 08/11/2016 11:08 PM
Raptortrapper Offline
Shooting Master
Shooting Master
Sorry Franchise, but I gotta disagree with ya on this one. I've got powder stocked up, and brass, bullets, and primers. I'm good, even if there is a zombie apocalypse. Take your chances and don't buy anything when it's there, then complain when there isn't anything to buy?? NO WAY! Not me! I learned my lesson the first time this happened. I don't care if manufactures make their money or not. I day trade stocks, so I'll probably make money off of them in return! I buy components as I see it, a little at a time, and it pays off when the price goes through the roof. I can sit back, relax, and watch everyone else panic and complain. I've even stocked up my black powder stuff for my flintlock rifle that I just got. Just need a bullet mold, and I'm good to go with it for a LONG time. Nobody is concerned about true black powder though, so it's pretty easy to get, at the moment.

No way I'm letting stuff sit on the shelf in hopes that everyone else doesn't stock up on it, then can't find it when I need it. I don't buy every last box that is on the shelf, or every last pound of powder. Just one or two, here and there. But now I have a good reserve, and don't care if the shelves go bare. Been there, done that, won't do it again.

A lot of people are like a slinky: Not much fun till you push them down the stairs!

Lifetime Member of the NRA! Wish I'd a done it sooner.
Re: Component availability [Re: Raptortrapper] #171966 08/11/2016 11:27 PM
Franchise Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Hahahaha! I'm not saying don't buy it, I'm saying that "we" are the reason that there is going to be a shortage. Fear and panic is the inspiration for this. Buy a thousand pounds of powder, it's all good to me. But Ive been here through several elections, this happens every time. I'm glad the manufacturers are making money, but I know an insider personally that has told me that buying what one needs is not the problem, it's the person that tries to buy 10 years worth at once, thats what hurts the average man

The Eyes are Useless, When The Mind Is Blind
Re: Component availability [Re: Raptortrapper] #171967 08/11/2016 11:28 PM
nytracker Offline
addict
addict
On a high note he finally had new308 brass first time in over 6 months.

Re: Component availability [Re: nytracker] #171987 08/12/2016 7:08 PM
Raptortrapper Offline
Shooting Master
Shooting Master
I wouldn't say I've got ten years of stuff stored away, nor do I buy that much at one time, but I do feel confident I could last a while with what I have. When it dries up again, I won't shoot nearly as much. But right now, while it's still available, I'm shooting every chance I get, and still adding to the stockpile now and then. The shelves here are filled to the brim, so people have certainly had their chance to get what they want / need. Well, other than 22 / 22mag ammo. It still goes pretty quick, but even it sticks around for a couple weeks. I gave up on the 22 stuff, and am going to go to the 327 Federal here in a couple months. Something I can reload, and not very commonly used. Still pretty decent availability of components / ammo when needed.

Sorry for the misinterpretation Franchise. I certainly see your point now, and understand what you're getting at. Maybe I am one of those guys that he is referring to, but man, I value my peace of mind and safety over a lot of other things. I ultimately place my trust in the Lord, but if my guardian angels ever take a break, I feel a lot better being able to cover myself!

I've been through several elections as well, but none of them were this bad till the Obummer ones, at least as far as I can remember. Maybe they were bad before that, but that's just when I felt the crunch as I wasn't reloading till then.

My apologies Franchise.

A lot of people are like a slinky: Not much fun till you push them down the stairs!

Lifetime Member of the NRA! Wish I'd a done it sooner.

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 103 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod