Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
New handgun scopes from Cabela's #173039 09/18/2016 12:49 PM
Dirty harry Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Saw these the ofher day in an email from Cabela's.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/CABELAS-P...ope%26CQ_st%3Db

Not sure if I'll be getting one, but super excited to see Cabela's (or anyone) making a new investment towards handgun hunters.

Re: New handgun scopes from Cabela's [Re: Dirty harry] #173044 09/18/2016 3:10 PM
wvhitman Offline
old hand
old hand
Cabelas outsources all their products. It's only a 4X , probably from Simmons.
It's a start, but what we need is a company to make a handgun dial scope of 4-14X with windage marks on the reticle, then we'll have something.
I've griped for 5 years to the major companies that have this in rifle scopes. They always say no demand. Until then the Burris 3-12X BPlex is the best long range scope we have. There are a lot of good short range, low power handgun scopes by many companies. Cabela's new scope fits in here.

Re: New handgun scopes from Cabela's [Re: Dirty harry] #173045 09/18/2016 3:29 PM
s4s4u Offline
Shootist
Shootist
 Quote:
excited to see Cabela's (or anyone) making a new investment towards handgun hunters

I agree, but will wait to see a few reviews on durability before I invest. The eye relief on that variable model is quite...variable.

Rod, too.

Short cuts often lead to long recoveries.
Re: New handgun scopes from Cabela's [Re: s4s4u] #173048 09/18/2016 8:57 PM
jamesfromjersey Offline
Shootist
Shootist
They look good and the price is great but how long they will last is the question......

Life member-NRA-SCI
Member-HHI #2900-HHASA #067
Colt-Ruger-Freedom Arms-and S&W Collector Assoc.s
"I have more guns then I need but not as many as I want" "Handgun hunters HAVE to be good"
Re: New handgun scopes from Cabela's [Re: jamesfromjersey] #173060 09/19/2016 12:56 AM
Chance Weldon Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
If I had anything that needed scoping at the moment, I'd love to try one out. Probably wouldn't put them on a heavy kicker, though.

Formerly TN Lone Wolf

"We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided." - J.K. Rowling
Re: New handgun scopes from Cabela's [Re: Chance Weldon] #173061 09/19/2016 1:29 AM
PsTaN Offline
addict
addict
Since my replacement Weaver has not been sent to me, I'm tempted. Been waiting 2 months now and really want my scope back.

PsTaN

-Smith & Wesson Model 69
-Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter
-Encore Pro Hunter

"Hold your horses, the elephants are coming, and out stamped Alabama"
Re: New handgun scopes from Cabela's [Re: PsTaN] #173068 09/19/2016 9:46 AM
High Tide Offline
journeyman
journeyman
What happened to your Weaver? The Weaver Classic is now my go-to when I purchase a new thumper and just interested in the problem you had.

Re: New handgun scopes from Cabela's [Re: High Tide] #173069 09/19/2016 12:37 PM
PsTaN Offline
addict
addict
It had some sort of loose particle floating around in it. Every shot it jumped to new position on the reticle. I almost kept it despite the flaw ... and sometimes wish I had ... like now. Lol

PsTaN

-Smith & Wesson Model 69
-Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter
-Encore Pro Hunter

"Hold your horses, the elephants are coming, and out stamped Alabama"
Re: New handgun scopes from Cabela's [Re: wvhitman] #173211 09/21/2016 11:18 PM
reflex264 Offline
Gun Slinger
Gun Slinger
 Originally Posted By: wvhitman
Cabelas outsources all their products. It's only a 4X , probably from Simmons.
It's a start, but what we need is a company to make a handgun dial scope of 4-14X with windage marks on the reticle, then we'll have something.
I've griped for 5 years to the major companies that have this in rifle scopes. They always say no demand. Until then the Burris 3-12X BPlex is the best long range scope we have. There are a lot of good short range, low power handgun scopes by many companies. Cabela's new scope fits in here.

Agreed. I can't imagine with all the rifle cartridge handguns out there that they wouldn't sell. I would love to have one on my 30-06 Encore.

"A quiet hit in the right place is better than a loud miss in the wrong place followed by 10 more shots on the run"

I was a handgun hunter, when handgun wasn't cool.....
Re: New handgun scopes from Cabela's [Re: reflex264] #175723 11/25/2016 11:39 AM
bscott Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
Almost tempted to get one but I am afraid. Don't look like it can hold up to the recoil. What do you guy think???

"THEY FALL LIKE DEAD WEIGHT!"

Re: New handgun scopes from Cabela's [Re: bscott] #175737 11/25/2016 3:54 PM
Raptortrapper Offline
Shooting Master
Shooting Master
I won't use them. I've had some bad experiences with Cabela's, and refuse to even walk in their store. Accused me of stealing once when I pulled out a business card to check the time of my appointment, then stuck it back into my jacket. I flat out lost it on them. They kept telling me to calm down. Told them there was no way they were going to accuse me of stealing, and then get away unscathed. I'm not the type to sue someone, but I admit, it crossed my mind.

Anyway.... back to topic.

As far as optics go, if it doesn't say Leupold, I won't use it. Leupold is the first scope I've used that stayed zeroed, and consistently returns to zero every single time. Used a couple others on my heavy hitters, and the worst one was a Burris red dot. Didn't even make it through a full cylinder of 460 smith and wesson light loads. Leupold have a lifetime warranty, and although I've never had to use it, I'm glad it's there. Vortex is the same way, but I haven't had their scope on any big thumpers, yet.

A lot of people are like a slinky: Not much fun till you push them down the stairs!

Lifetime Member of the NRA! Wish I'd a done it sooner.
Re: New handgun scopes from Cabela's [Re: Raptortrapper] #175754 11/25/2016 11:26 PM
RidgeRaider Offline
journeyman
journeyman
 Originally Posted By: Raptortrapper

As far as optics go, if it doesn't say Leupold, I won't use it. Leupold is the first scope I've used that stayed zeroed, and consistently returns to zero every single time. Used a couple others on my heavy hitters, and the worst one was a Burris red dot. Didn't even make it through a full cylinder of 460 smith and wesson light loads. Leupold have a lifetime warranty, and although I've never had to use it, I'm glad it's there. Vortex is the same way, but I haven't had their scope on any big thumpers, yet.

Amen! Every firearm that I own that has a scope has a Leupold, which includes two 2.5x8 pistol scopes. They are completely made and assembled in the US by a US company. I've never had an issue with one and never had one to lose zero.

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 101 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod