Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Wyoming Antelope Hunt #173944 10/14/2016 7:26 PM
Gregg Richter Offline OP
Distinguished Expert
OP Offline
Distinguished Expert
I am sitting here in the Wright Hotel and my thoughts are overwhelmed reflecting on the past six days spent here on the wide open and 'sometimes'
windy Wyoming prairie.

My apprentice guide Matt and I had the incredible privilege of guiding some of the finest service men in our country. We had a group of four plus a friend that came from both coasts to hunt antelope with us. Not all used handguns but one did so I hope Gary will allow this post here.

In order to protect the identities of this Marine Corps group I will not divulge their real names or show their faces in a follow up post in a few days with pictures.

In a nutshell, "A" is a retired Recon Marine and Sniper that served in the Vietnam era. "B" is retired from Special Forces and is now a contractor for the Defense Department. "C" is a Colonel and also a Battalion Commander. And "D" is a pilot and flies Cobras and is an instructor at Miramar. This is only a tip of the iceberg and they have vast more history serving our country but this will suffice for now. BTW Marines if I am in error please forgive me, I am only a civilian that had the amazing experience of guiding and eating dinner with and spending hunting and social times with you guys.

In all they killed six antelope and all four bucks were of trophy quality. And I took them out to prairie dog town one morning that lasted into the afternoon where finally our stomachs called it "LUNCH TIME.

And I hope to see you all another time on another hunting trip or socially. And THANK YOU SIRS for serving our great country.

I am now preparing to head south and east, through Denver and on to my home in Pine. It is a long drive but I know that the time will pass quickly as I reminisce on the past several days.

Re: Wyoming Antelope Hunt [Re: Gregg Richter] #173947 10/14/2016 11:46 PM
racksmasher1 Offline
veteran
veteran
Sounds like you had a damn good time!

Re: Wyoming Antelope Hunt [Re: Gregg Richter] #173959 10/15/2016 4:40 AM
pab1 Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Sounds like a great hunt!

Experience is the best teacher, hunger good sauce.
Osborne Russell Journal of a Trapper

Re: Wyoming Antelope Hunt [Re: racksmasher1] #173977 10/15/2016 9:24 PM
Chance Weldon Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
 Originally Posted By: racksmasher1
Sounds like you had a damn good time!

X2

You definitely guided a fine group of gentlemen, Gregg.

Formerly TN Lone Wolf

"We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided." - J.K. Rowling

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 54 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod