Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hello and interesting pistol/round #11012 11/06/2005 12:51 AM
TKG Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello everyone, just found this forum and it looks good. I recently picked up one of the surplus CZ-52 pistols in 7.62x25 Tokarev cartridge. These are very inexpensive (mine was 109.00). Winchester loads an 85 grain FMJ at close to 1600 fps for these guns. I have only had mine out in the woods a couple of times, but a few critters got on the bad end of it.

These are strong, accurate pistols and well worth a look. Mine came complete with two mags, leather full flap holster and cleaning rod.

Lots of surplus ammo out there too. Here's a pic of the pistol, but I shot up all of the little bottleneck rounds:

Re: Hello and interesting pistol/round [Re: TKG] #11013 11/06/2005 2:15 AM
SeanVHA60013 Offline
TKG, greetings! That is a very effective and often overlooked cartridge and handgun combo for varmint and small game.

I knew of a fellow that put an adjustable rear sight, custom grips, and some other modifications into one and it turned out to be a very effective small game hunting handgun [not that they are bad in stock form either ]. I think he got most of his parts and technical data from Makarov.com.

Interesting factoid of firearms history you probably already know but is worth repeating: before the fall of the Berlin wall, those rolling block CZ pistols like yours commanded upwards of $1300.00-$1500.00 from collectors!

I am thinking of having a Contender barrel made in that chambering, maybe a 10"-12" open sighted small game getter. With the wide variety of 30 caliber bullets available, it might just be a great deal of fun to tinker with :-)

Re: Hello and interesting pistol/round [Re: SeanVHA60013] #11014 11/06/2005 2:19 PM
TKG Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks for the welcome! I believe you would enjoy a Contender barrel in 7.62x25. Heaven knows what a dedicated Contender nut/handloader could brew up with this round.

Just thought I would give a heads up on these very enjoyable pistols. Sometimes it is nice to change up and try something new. For the price it would be a shame not to give this combo a try.

Something funny, on the frame of my pistol is a letter code, it happens to be the letters RID. Seems that this gun was purpose built to rid Eastern NC of 'possums, foxes, coyotes, coons, and the dreaded wampuss cats!

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 94 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod