Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Need help still having problem with SRH/454 #11036 11/07/2005 1:09 AM
medic404 Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I have been out tring to get my New SRH454 sighted in have a Burris 2x7 on the thing first had problem keeping it locked down got that fixed but can not get the thing on paper think maybe the recticle is moving how can i tell or should i sent it back to burris. Next problem after i have fired six through the gun the brass will not eject from the cylinder useing the ejecter pin have to knock them out from the back. Is this a Ruger Problem or is this a problem with this caliber.

Re: Need help still having problem with SRH/454 [Re: medic404] #11037 11/07/2005 1:34 AM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
on your ejection problem, I don't own a super redhawk but I have read a couple of articles talking about this problem if you use hot loads, apparently the cylinders expand more than on some other guns, also as with any revolver if the cylinder walls get dirty extraction will be tougher, with your scope problem it would help to know if all the rounds are missing in the same general area. with my smith 500 and my Bfr I was using leupold mounts and rings and when I switched to bushnell elite 2x6 scopes I consistently missed high and did not have enough adjustment in the scope to bring it down, I had to go from medium to high rings and that put me on the paper, if you are scattering rounds all over the place it is the the rings, or the scope. hope that helps.
Rod

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 114 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod