Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The "50 cent squirrel call" works #185053 10/17/2017 12:48 AM
Chance Weldon Offline OP
Distinguished Expert
OP Offline
Distinguished Expert
While researching some squirrel hunting tips online, I discovered a type of squirrel call you can use called the "50 cent squirrel call". The reason for this name is that the call consists of two quarters. The way you use the call is you rapidly scratch the edges of the quarters together to create a sound that resembles squirrels cutting hard shelled nuts or acorns. It seemed so simple that it just couldn't work, I thought. . .

Saturday morning I took my sister's boyfriend squirrel hunting. He hadn't managed to get out this season and was eager to get back into the woods. Together, we set out towards a patch of woods with two mature oaks straddling a fence row. We took up position and waited. I didn't start calling immediately, but when I did, I was caught off guard. Although we didn't manage to get a shot on all of them (mostly because one or both of us moved at the wrong time and got busted), we had at least seven or eight squirrels headed directly towards us throughout the morning. The two he shot were less than 10 yards away and closing. It was a night and day difference after I started calling compared to before.

If you're into squirrel hunting, try the 50 cent squirrel call the next time you go out.

Formerly TN Lone Wolf

"We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided." - J.K. Rowling
Re: The "50 cent squirrel call" works [Re: Chance Weldon] #185075 10/17/2017 1:35 PM
nytracker Offline
addict
addict
Been doing that since I was a kid . My gramps showed me that back in the 70s.

Save liberals from them selves, stich their sphincter closed so they cant talk out their arse
Re: The "50 cent squirrel call" works [Re: nytracker] #185197 10/19/2017 1:25 AM
adktripper Offline
stranger
stranger
a screw with fine threads and a pen or other striker works also.

Re: The "50 cent squirrel call" works [Re: adktripper] #185216 10/19/2017 9:54 AM
dhom Offline
addict
addict
If you cup a quarter in the middle of your hand and tap it with the edge of another quarter it sounds like a squirrel barking.

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 34 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod