Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
What an awsome weekend #11429 11/28/2005 11:25 PM
Bama Offline OP
OP Offline
This past weekend (Fr,Sat, Sun) I was able to help guide physicaly challeneged hunters at the NWTF Wheelin' Sportsmen Ultimate Team-Up at Sedgefield Plantation in Union Springs. What an amazing weekend, there were participants from all the US at the hunt. Some, their only hunt for the season. The total kill for the weekend was 60 deer, 2 hogs, 1 coyote. Not bad for 48 hunters. It made for some long days, I would roll out of the bed at the house at 2:45AM and get home at 11PM. The participents were shooting does only, but were allowed to kill 2 a day if they wanted.

I can not describe the feelings or emotions Sunday morning listening to the participents tell everyone thanks after the morning hunt and breakfast. The entire group of people were brought to tears and smiles when one participent thanked his guide for allowing his young son come along on his first hunt with his dad. The father was a participent and had never been able to take his son to the woods before. Another participent was a young man who was in an accident and was severly injured. He spoke to everyone with strong yet broken voice, thanking everyone for the weekend. He ended with with leading the entire group singing Amazing Grace. Again there wasn't a dry eye in the place.

I saw one participent Friday afternoon sighting in his handgun. I'm not sure if he hunted with it, but I know Sat afternoon they were discusing a smaller green field for a pistol. What makes this event even greater was the small fee of $25.00 to participate, if a hunter was not able to afford it, the fee was waved. It is like this at all events.

I would stongly suggest going to www.nwtf.org and clicking on the wheeling sportsmen link, find out if there is an event in you area and volunteere. Better yet help a physically challenged hunter get to an event.

If I was Better I'd be twins Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005
Re: What an awsome weekend [Re: Bama] #11430 11/28/2005 11:57 PM
tx44hunter Offline
Job well done!!!!

Re: What an awsome weekend [Re: Bama] #11431 11/29/2005 5:36 AM
JDJHNTR Offline
That's the kind of things the world needs to hear about us "Hunters". Most of us are honored to help out other sportsmen to enjoy our sport. Great job BAMA!!!!!!!!!!

Best,
Randy HHI#8049

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 138 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod