Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
FoxPro calls for coyote hunting? #188996 01/24/2018 4:00 AM
Chance Weldon Offline OP
Distinguished Expert
OP Offline
Distinguished Expert
Has anyone here used FoxPro calls? Which one do you prefer? I'm looking to upgrade.

Formerly TN Lone Wolf

"We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided." - J.K. Rowling
Re: FoxPro calls for coyote hunting? [Re: Chance Weldon] #189002 01/24/2018 8:09 AM
billa Offline
old hand
old hand
I have a Foxpro call. I think they are the best on the market. No real preference to the model. Just buy the model in your price range. They are designed and built in my hometown of Lewistown PA. All American made!!! I Have quite a few friends that work there. The owners are great guys.

https://www.gofoxpro.com/site/

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations,... "
Matthew 28:19

Handgun hunter since 1979 - haven't used a rifle since!
HHI member #992, NRA, SCI.
Re: FoxPro calls for coyote hunting? [Re: billa] #189004 01/24/2018 11:39 AM
Buck_358 Offline
Hi TN LW
I use the Shockwave, very happy with all of the options it has to offer.
B.

NRA Patriot Life Endowment
HHI #6544
Re: FoxPro calls for coyote hunting? [Re: Buck_358] #189043 01/24/2018 8:47 PM
longhunter Offline
addict
addict
I have the Foxpro Inferno. Wouldn't buy any other brand, comes with 75 sounds programmed in and can hold up to 200 sounds. Their customer service is outstanding.

"The reason a dog has so many friends,He wags his tail instead of his tongue."

"I don't always listen to Black Sabbath,But when I do so do the neighbors"
Re: FoxPro calls for coyote hunting? [Re: billa] #189047 01/24/2018 9:21 PM
Gregg Richter Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
 Originally Posted By: billa
I have a Foxpro call. I think they are the best on the market. No real preference to the model. Just buy the model in your price range. They are designed and built in my hometown of Lewistown PA. All American made!!! I Have quite a few friends that work there. The owners are great guys.

https://www.gofoxpro.com/site/

I have an older model that takes AAA batteries and really like it. The only problem is that the battery gauge? doesn't work very well and it has died on some calling stands. My solution was to rig up an electrical wiring system so that I can connect a 12 volt jump charger box to it that I got at Harbor Freight Tools for cheap. I have never had that die! Yes it is heavier and harder to carry but I don't venture that far from my truck now like I used to.

I am sure the newer ones have better battery gauges.

Keep in mind that no call, be it electronic or mouth call, is magic. You still have to get the right set-up, down wind of approaching coyotes, preferably in the shade, wear good camo, and you still gotta be good enough in all aspects to fool them. And then once they start coming in, you really got to be careful not to move much, especially if you see them coming for several minutes.

And believe it or not, as silly as this seems, the most important part is that you have to choose a stand that is within hearing distance of coyotes.

Re: FoxPro calls for coyote hunting? [Re: Gregg Richter] #189050 01/24/2018 10:22 PM
Russell Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
FoxPro's are good, I own 3. I also have a couple of Johnny Stewarts, a Primos, a couple of Cass Creek and a slew of mouth calls, commercial and custom and have used all to call in coyotes. Greggs' last comment is the key to success, not the 'name' on your call. To answer your question, yes, FoxPros are good calls. The one I actually prefer is the 'discontinued' 416B. You can 'self program' it.

It's not the gun, but the man behind it.

Sheriff Russell Cottle, Ret.
USMC; 1967-1970; Vietnam-'68-'69
Re: FoxPro calls for coyote hunting? [Re: Russell] #189153 01/27/2018 6:22 PM
Dekker Offline
journeyman
journeyman
I have the out of production FX3 model that is still running strong. I don't think you can go wrong with any of their models. I upgraded mine to use re-chargeable batteries.

As stated above you can't call in coyotes that are not there.

A tactic that I use is to drive my planned hunting areas early in the morning before light and stop and run my coyote challenge call. If I hear a response I will take some flagging tape and tie it off on a limb by the road. I will then drive about a 1/3 mile and do it again. I will attempt to find 3 places where I got a response and then go back to those areas to call. I have been much more successful using this method than calling blind.

Re: FoxPro calls for coyote hunting? [Re: Dekker] #189278 02/01/2018 1:53 AM
curioushooter Offline
stranger
stranger
Great thread! Anybody use them at night?

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 99 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod