Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Question for the XP 100 Pro's #11602 12/04/2005 11:00 AM
osok Offline OP
OP Offline
I've owned a full custom XP 100 for several years now, it had a terrible amount of creep in the trigger before it would fire. I learned to live with it. It's a tack driver the way it was. I haven't shot it much over the years but have desired to see what it would do with a crisp trigger, which I achieved to remedy myself.

Here's the question for those well versed on the XP.

It's has a handcrafted AAA walnut stock, with a Power Custom aluminum bedding block and epoxy bedding from the rear tang, to just past the chamber shank of a custom contoured Douglas Air Gauged barrel in 708. I won't even tell you how well it shoots cause you won't believe me. Thats all I know about it, as I bought it from a estate of a deceased accuracy fanatic, which I never meet.

I torqed the front action screw to 55 in lbs and just snugged the rear bedding screw, which is much smaller and as you XP fans know, and tightens from the top of the action, just after the bolt stops the rearward travel. Haven't shot it yet since the trigger job. Might not get to shoot till next year.

How tight does that rear action screw really need to be???

Any insight would be appreciated.

osok.

Re: Question for the XP 100 Pro's [Re: osok] #11603 12/04/2005 5:18 PM
Tigger Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
The HS stock on my XP has an aluminum bedding block. The rear screw is small. I tighten it up just enough to hold and thats it. I'm afraid that if I tighten it too much it will strip out. As the gun recoils the force in the rear of the action is down against the block, so I don't think that the screw has to be to tight. My XP is a 221 Fire Ball so recoil is not that much anyway. Just my 2 cents worth.

NRA Life Member

** NEVER! Moon a Werewolf!!**

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 39 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod