Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Remington CP #196516 12/10/2018 1:31 AM
RSW Offline OP
OP Offline
I would like to hear some opinions on the new Remington CP? I had an XP years ago but switched to break open style and revolvers. The new Nosler handgun looks like the XP but it is priced well above the Remington. What are you all thinking about these new bolt guns?

Re: Remington CP [Re: RSW] #196517 12/10/2018 1:44 AM
Mark Hampton Offline
old hand
old hand
RSW, If you will go back and look at previous posts you'll see several head of game I've taken with the Nosler NCH. I've also written it up in AMERICAN HANDGUNNER and GUNS Magazines. Basically, it is a highly refined XP. My 6.5 Creedmoor is extremely accurate and to date; I've taken boar, dall sheep, gator, antelope, whitetail, mule deer, bobcat, and coyote with 120 gr. BTs. I like the gun so much I've ordered a 6mm Creedmoor.

The Remington CP -- well, the jury is still out. I've got one coming for review. I do not like the barrel length on any of the three chamberings available. Time will tell how the public will embrace this project.

Re: Remington CP [Re: Mark Hampton] #196518 12/10/2018 2:49 AM
RSW Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Mark! You're one of the people I was hoping would comment. I respect your opinion. I've read many of your articles in numerous magazines. I started shooting XPs and Contenders years ago. I liked the mid grip XP more than the rear grip that came later, due to the mid grip handling better. The Remington CP looks like it would be even more awkward but I'm waiting to handle one and see.
I read one of the articles you wrote about the NCH and I think it's a fine handgun. I definitely like the XP type mid grip. Thanks again for commenting.

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 53 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod