Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: The ultimate handgun hunt? [Re: Whitworth] #197338 01/22/2019 8:17 PM
45MAN Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
AFTER 11 AFRICAN SAFARIS, AND NOW @ 74 WITH ONE REPLACED KNEE AND A GIMP OTHER KNEE, SOME OF THE TRADITIONAL AFRICAN HUNTS I WOULD LIKE TO REPEAT, OR NEW HUNTS, ENTAIL MORE WALKING THAN I MAY BE UP TO. I ALWAYS WANTED TO DO A BEAR HUNT OFF A BOAT IN ALASKA, GOOD FOOD, WARM SHOWERS, MAFNIFICENT SCENERY, ..... IF MY WHELLS WERE GOOD, MAYBE AFRICA FOR MORE CAPE BUFFALO, OR AN ELEPHANT, OR A LORD DERBY ELAND, OR .....

"ADAPT OR DIE". I USE ALL CAPS, NOT BECAUSE I AM YELLING, BUT BECAUSE IT IS AN OLD HABIT FROM MY ARMY DAYS, PLUS IT IS EASIER TO TYPE AND READ.
Re: The ultimate handgun hunt? [Re: Whitworth] #197340 01/22/2019 8:34 PM
Jeff460 Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
Too rich for my blood. Looks like Africa someday. And I will take insect repellent lotion with me. LOL

Re: The ultimate handgun hunt? [Re: Jeff460] #197346 01/22/2019 11:05 PM
Whitworth Offline
Shootist
Shootist
Hahahahaha! Too rich for my blood as well!

I think some fail to grasp that Africa is an experience to be evaluated in its entirety. The sounds, smells, cultures, terrain, rich game variety, fantastic foods. The experience is a whole lot more than shooting game, and well worth the effort to make it there.

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

BIG IRON: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6aXjMH5C30

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s

Re: The ultimate handgun hunt? [Re: Whitworth] #197347 01/23/2019 12:05 AM
MS Hitman Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
 Originally Posted By: Whitworth

I think some fail to grasp that Africa is an experience to be evaluated in its entirety. The sounds, smells, cultures, terrain, rich game variety, fantastic foods. The experience is a whole lot more than shooting game, and well worth the effort to make it there.

I agree completely! The experience as a whole is to savored.

I would like very much to hunt moose and bear in Alaska.

Re: The ultimate handgun hunt? [Re: MS Hitman] #197350 01/23/2019 1:08 AM
PsTaN Offline
addict
addict
I'd take having a perfect wind this coming Saturday morning and getting a perfect shot at the nice 10 point I have on camera. Success would be up to me.

But since we're dreaming ... a hunt out West for Mule deer or Elk where the land makes you feel small.

P

PsTaN

-Smith & Wesson Model 69
-Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter
-Encore Pro Hunter

"Hold your horses, the elephants are coming, and out stamped Alabama"
Re: The ultimate handgun hunt? [Re: Whitworth] #197351 01/23/2019 1:14 AM
racksmasher1 Offline
veteran
veteran

Whit, I?m sure it is breathtaking there, and I believe you,i have been asked 3 Times to go, its just not my bag, I prefer to do other hunts, money only goes so far.

Re: The ultimate handgun hunt? [Re: racksmasher1] #197352 01/23/2019 1:20 AM
Whitworth Offline
Shootist
Shootist
 Originally Posted By: racksmasher1

Whit, I?m sure it is breathtaking there, and I believe you,i have been asked 3 Times to go, its just not my bag, I prefer to do other hunts, money only goes so far.

I think it really has to be experienced to be understood in its entirety. I don?t deride anyone?s dreams, but you might not know what you?re missing. I will say that it can be remarkably affordable if you do your homework. You can hunt a whole lot of plains game for the price of a trophy whitetail in Texas. There are a lot of myths floating around about Africa and how expensive it is. Oh you can go nuts and spend a lot of money, but you can do the same thing in Alaska.

Gentlemen, here?s hoping your dream hunts are realized!

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s

Re: The ultimate handgun hunt? [Re: Whitworth] #197356 01/23/2019 2:24 AM
Spencer Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm also on the side of having no desire to hunt Africa. The game doesn't interest me, the terrain, temperature and the culture. I live in the northeast and I would rather immerse myself in western hunts for western game like elk, lion, bobcat, mule deer, bobcat.....in the mountains of Idaho, Wyoming and Montana. Or the desert southwest..Utah, Arizona, New Mexico and Nevada. On horseback with a pack of hounds or a pack string. Living out of a wall tent cooking over an open fire with Dutch ovens and cast iron while the horses are hobbled outside with the bell on, or tied to the highline.

.44 magnum or .44 special on my hip. Encore pistol in 7mm-08 in my bandidos holster.
Riding in my saddle and even on my own horses!!!!

Listening to the Hounds work a track.

THAT is my dream hunting.

NRA life member
Let's go make some memories
Re: The ultimate handgun hunt? [Re: Whitworth] #197357 01/23/2019 2:29 AM
Randy M Offline
veteran
veteran

That's a great point. I've never had Africa in my sights to hunt but I think an African Safari would be amazing.

Also, and this has stuck with me for years. A former colleague of mine said this..."Don't go to Africa until you can afford to go back".

The meat won't fry if the lead don't fly.
Re: The ultimate handgun hunt? [Re: Randy M] #197361 01/23/2019 3:05 PM
Whitworth Offline
Shootist
Shootist
And finally, the TOP FIVE reasons to hunt Africa (that really needs no explanation or justification):

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

Re: The ultimate handgun hunt? [Re: Whitworth] #197362 01/23/2019 5:54 PM
sixshot Offline
old hand
old hand
Spencer, that's some good choices! Since I've lived here all my life I've been able to live that dream every year but I've always knew how lucky I've been to be able to do it, I've never taken it for granted.
And like Max said, you need to look into Africa before giving up on a Safari, you can do one for plains game & have a great hunt for 3-4-5 animals for what you can pay for one animal in Alaska. Also in Alaska you might not even see that animal but you're still going to pay for it. Not so in Africa.
Just seeing Africa, the people, the sights, the rivers, etc. You can just enjoy the culture & not even hunt for days & have a blast, it's just so different but don't wait too long, it's changing. Nothing like sitting around the Braii at night with friends after a day of hunting & swapping stories in Africa.

Dick

Re: The ultimate handgun hunt? [Re: sixshot] #197366 01/24/2019 4:02 AM
tradmark Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
 Originally Posted By: sixshot
Spencer, that's some good choices! Since I've lived here all my life I've been able to live that dream every year but I've always knew how lucky I've been to be able to do it, I've never taken it for granted.
And like Max said, you need to look into Africa before giving up on a Safari, you can do one for plains game & have a great hunt for 3-4-5 animals for what you can pay for one animal in Alaska. Also in Alaska you might not even see that animal but you're still going to pay for it. Not so in Africa.
Just seeing Africa, the people, the sights, the rivers, etc. You can just enjoy the culture & not even hunt for days & have a blast, it's just so different but don't wait too long, it's changing. Nothing like sitting around the Braii at night with friends after a day of hunting & swapping stories in Africa.

Dick

Preach on brother. I couldnt say it better myself! Ive done the alaska and do the elk all the time and love both! I went to africa the first time with gary smith. He told me on the plane. It just smells different. He was right. There was an immediate allure. I felt it when i was young reading capstick. I didnt know how it would infect me until i went the first time. Its hard to put into words home it feels to chase a cape buff and put it down and drive back to camp on the land rover with the unique smells of the foliage and animals with the cool wind nipping your face watching a perfect sunset over the acacia trees. Wondering if you will come across a great representative and get a shot on another animal on your list. Then be back in camp knowing that there could be a leopard or lion watching you walk back to your hut before hitting the sack. Then doing it again for 9 or 10 more days. My cousin went and felt the same way and took a lionness a kudu and an impala all for under 10k counting the flight. Its just something i would implore anyone saving for a hunt to not consider it. Its just hard to equal!

Re: The ultimate handgun hunt? [Re: tradmark] #197367 01/24/2019 4:18 AM
Walkingthemup Offline
addict
addict
Agreed. There is just something about Africa. Something at the very root of our nature as human beings. It gets in your blood. When you're there you know its where man was designed to be. And when its time to leave, you know you'll be coming back.

Re: The ultimate handgun hunt? [Re: Whitworth] #197368 01/24/2019 4:24 AM
billa Offline
old hand
old hand
I would suggest those of you that have not considered an African hunt to at least give it a look. I hunted the Eastern Cape SA for 8 days, took 6 nice animals and had a fantastic adventure for about the price of an Elk hunt. Like the others have said, it?s an experience well beyond the hunt itself. Check out my 3 stories in the articles section. My PH is a native to South Africa and he made the hunt and adventure of it all a fantastic event for me. The terrain where we were is very similar to the Southwest. I mentioned the mountain terrain and the challenging climbs that we have in the US so he took me on a Warthog hunt to a lost valley that he said he rarely hunts because of the difficulty. It was awesome. All of my animals were spot and stalk with lots of miles walked.

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations,... "
Matthew 28:19

Handgun hunter since 1979 - haven't used a rifle since!
HHI member #992, NRA, SCI.
Re: The ultimate handgun hunt? [Re: billa] #197369 01/24/2019 12:40 PM
45MAN Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
BESIDES ALL THE PRO "HUNT AFRICA" COMMENTS BY SIXSHOT, TRADMARK, WHITWORTH, BILLA AND OTHERS, I WANT TO ADD: 1) THE PH's (USUALLY WHITE) KNOW THEIR STUFF AND USUALLY MAKE YOU HUNT HARDER THAN YOU WANT TO. 2) THE BLACK TRACKERS ARE INCREDIBLE BUSHMEN AND TRACKERS. TO WATCH THEM TRACK IS AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE, AND THEIR SENSE OF DIRECTION IS BETTER THAN A GPS. AFTER A 4 OR 5 HOUR MEANDERING HIKE TRACKING, WHEN IT IS TIME TO GO GET THE VEHICHLE, A TRACKER WILL GO BACK TO IT IN A STRAIGHTLINE.

"ADAPT OR DIE". I USE ALL CAPS, NOT BECAUSE I AM YELLING, BUT BECAUSE IT IS AN OLD HABIT FROM MY ARMY DAYS, PLUS IT IS EASIER TO TYPE AND READ.
Re: The ultimate handgun hunt? [Re: 45MAN] #197371 01/24/2019 4:47 PM
Muddy Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
I have no doubt that Africa is amazing. A booking agent came very close to convincing me once. I just can't see a Range Rover taking the place of a fine horse. 😉

Dan

Re: The ultimate handgun hunt? [Re: Muddy] #197372 01/24/2019 4:51 PM
Whitworth Offline
Shootist
Shootist
 Originally Posted By: Muddy
I I just can't see a Range Rover taking the place of a fine horse. 😉

Dan

Hahahahaha! But can you see Cape buffalo taking the place of an elk? I can! LOL!

It?s still worth doing, Dan!

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

Re: The ultimate handgun hunt? [Re: Whitworth] #197373 01/24/2019 5:03 PM
Spencer Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
Muddy, I'm with you!!!

NRA life member
Let's go make some memories
Re: The ultimate handgun hunt? [Re: Spencer] #197374 01/24/2019 6:24 PM
sixshot Offline
old hand
old hand
Guys, that's the thing about Africa, you can do it your way, Land Rover, or on your feet, they will accommodate you. I suppose you could ride a Zebra if you wanted!
My choice was to walk & we walked every single day, right out the front door of the hunting lodge. Myself & Willem, my PH would leave at daylight & head in a new direction because that's how I wanted to hunt. We hunted like that for 14 days, my choice.
Only once did we ever get in a safari truck & that was a night hunt for Spring Hares. That was also the night I had an Aardvark get so close to my side of the truck I almost crapped my chaps, except I wasn't wearing chaps! That day we also drove over to a beyond huge Baobab tree that we could all walk inside! Incredible! To me, shooting from a truck would be like kissing your sister. Now traveling in a safari truck & finding animals & then stalking is very common & really the best way to hunt.
And like Rey said, those trackers! I think they could sort out a single drop of water in a full glass!

Dick

Last edited by sixshot; 01/24/2019 6:27 PM.
Re: The ultimate handgun hunt? [Re: sixshot] #197375 01/24/2019 6:39 PM
Jeff460 Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
A poor man's Cape Buffalo in America is the American Bison. So that could be an awesome hunt and great meat to eat hunt with one of my big bore revolvers.

Re: The ultimate handgun hunt? [Re: Jeff460] #197376 01/24/2019 7:24 PM
Whitworth Offline
Shootist
Shootist
 Originally Posted By: Jeff460
A poor man's Cape Buffalo in America is the American Bison. So that could be an awesome hunt and great meat to eat hunt with one of my big bore revolvers.

I've priced bison and for a true trophy-sized bull, you will have to pay top dollar. More than a water buffalo, but much easier to kill. I wish they were cheaper...

I would classify water buffalo as a poor man's Cape buffalo as they are cantankerous, and similarly built (and usually bigger). If you can find a ranch that offers water buffalo (I know they're not indigenous), it will more approximate a Cape buffalo hunt from a "pucker factor" perspective.

However, bison are American and frankly they taste fantastic. Meat bison are usually priced decently, but they won't have much size to them.

Guys, get your passports in order and book a hunt in Africa, you will not regret it!

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

Re: The ultimate handgun hunt? [Re: Whitworth] #197377 01/24/2019 10:33 PM
45MAN Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I HAVE KILLED AMERICAN BISON ANS WATER BUFFALO (BOTH AT THE YO RANCH IN TEXAS) WITH REVOLVERS, AND 3 CAPE BUFFALO IN ZIMBABWE (ALSO WITH REVOLVERS), AND HAVE TRACKED MANY MORE CAPES, AND BELIEVE ME WHEN I TELL YOU THAT THE ADRENALIN RUSH FROM TRACKING AND SHOOTING DANGEROUS GAME SUCH AS THE CAPE BUFFALO FAR EXCEEDS ANY OTHER BOVINE, DEER OR ANTELOPE HUNT I HAVE EVER BEEN ON. I GO TO ALASKA TO HUNT BEARS, USUALLY SPRING TIME BLACK BEAR OVER BAIT. BLACK BEARS ARE DANGEROUS BUT YOU ARE ALSO HUNTING AMONG THE BROWN BEARS AND I HAVE HAD THEM COME IN WITHIN YARDS OF OUR STAND. THE BROWNS/GRIZZLIES ARE REAL BAD ASSES AND TO BE AROUND THEM GETS MY ADRENALINE GOING. LATELY, IN SOME AREAS, ALASKA HAS ALLOWED THE SHOOTING OF BROWNS/GRIZZLIES OVER BAIT IN THE SPRING. PLANNING TO GO IN MAY AND WILL HAVE AN APPROPRIATE TAG IN HAND FOR WHATEVER BEAR PRESENTS AN OPPORTUNITY.

Re: The ultimate handgun hunt? [Re: 45MAN] #197378 01/24/2019 11:29 PM
Whitworth Offline
Shootist
Shootist
 Originally Posted By: 45MAN
I HAVE KILLED AMERICAN BISON ANS WATER BUFFALO (BOTH AT THE YO RANCH IN TEXAS) WITH REVOLVERS, AND 3 CAPE BUFFALO IN ZIMBABWE (ALSO WITH REVOLVERS), AND HAVE TRACKED MANY MORE CAPES, AND BELIEVE ME WHEN I TELL YOU THAT THE ADRENALIN RUSH FROM TRACKING AND SHOOTING DANGEROUS GAME SUCH AS THE CAPE BUFFALO FAR EXCEEDS ANY OTHER BOVINE, DEER OR ANTELOPE HUNT I HAVE EVER BEEN ON. I GO TO ALASKA TO HUNT BEARS, USUALLY SPRING TIME BLACK BEAR OVER BAIT. BLACK BEARS ARE DANGEROUS BUT YOU ARE ALSO HUNTING AMONG THE BROWN BEARS AND I HAVE HAD THEM COME IN WITHIN YARDS OF OUR STAND. THE BROWNS/GRIZZLIES ARE REAL BAD ASSES AND TO BE AROUND THEM GETS MY ADRENALINE GOING. LATELY, IN SOME AREAS, ALASKA HAS ALLOWED THE SHOOTING OF BROWNS/GRIZZLIES OVER BAIT IN THE SPRING. PLANNING TO GO IN MAY AND WILL HAVE AN APPROPRIATE TAG IN HAND FOR WHATEVER BEAR PRESENTS AN OPPORTUNITY.

I have to readily admit that some of the diciest moments I?ve had hunting bovines were in Hondo, Texas. We?ve had numerous ?incidents? with both Watusi and water buffalo. The most aggressive animal I faced was that blonde water buffalo from the Bash two years ago (ask tradmark about that one). There?s trouble in Texas if you seek it!

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

Re: The ultimate handgun hunt? [Re: 45MAN] #197379 01/24/2019 11:36 PM
jamesfromjersey Offline
Shootist
Shootist
 Originally Posted By: 45MAN
THE BROWNS/GRIZZLIES ARE REAL BAD ASSES AND TO BE AROUND THEM GETS MY ADRENALINE GOING.

You "hit the nail on the head" with that one Rey.... Nothing I`ve experienced compares to what I felt as I made my way through a maze of alders and finding brown bear hair at eye level. Or walking a trail to find a large bedded area and have your guide say "imagine waking that big boy"....Yes... it gets that blood flowing.... I wish you the best of luck on your upcoming hunt...
PS- wish I was going with you

Last edited by jamesfromjersey; 01/25/2019 1:45 AM.

Life member-NRA-SCI
Member-HHI #2900-HHASA #067
Colt-Ruger-Freedom Arms-and S&W Collector Assoc.s
"I have more guns then I need but not as many as I want" "Handgun hunters HAVE to be good"
Re: The ultimate handgun hunt? [Re: Whitworth] #197383 01/25/2019 3:16 PM
Jeff460 Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
The Texas hunt for transplanted water buffalo sounds like a great plan and your personal experiences would prove that out. The opportunity to do so will be an adventure I look forward to.

Re: The ultimate handgun hunt? [Re: Jeff460] #197384 01/25/2019 3:50 PM
Whitworth Offline
Shootist
Shootist
 Originally Posted By: Jeff460
The Texas hunt for transplanted water buffalo sounds like a great plan and your personal experiences would prove that out. The opportunity to do so will be an adventure I look forward to.

Jeff, it?s definitely a worthwhile experience in my humble opinion. Bison is also really attractive to me as the meat is fantastic. I wouldn?t be opposed to a big woolly head on my wall as well!! Also fantastic!

All of the hunts mentioned here sound great. Where to begin?!?

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

Re: The ultimate handgun hunt? [Re: Whitworth] #197385 01/25/2019 6:24 PM
BBwheelgunner Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
This is a fun thread! lots of cool hunts, and some re-occuring themes it seems.

Just to piggy back on what many have stated already, Africa is an amazing experience in itself. I am lucky enough to have been to Tanzania (didn't get to hunt) and the landscape, people, culture, and creatures are all spectacular.

That being said, I would love to go back with my FA 454 in hand, and if I am dreaming big, do a 21 day safari in Mozambique or Tanzania in some of the old school real "wild" locations left on the Dark continent.

Equally as exciting and dream worthy for me would be to do a 21 day "safari" in Alaska (or Canada if we're dreaming!) and hunt moose, caribou, black bear, grizzly,and dall sheep.

I wild, fair chase bison someday would be amazing too
;\)

Last edited by BBwheelgunner; 01/25/2019 6:26 PM.

"If you are going to go through all the trouble to put a hole in something, why not make it a big one?"
Re: The ultimate handgun hunt? [Re: BBwheelgunner] #197386 01/25/2019 8:00 PM
Whitworth Offline
Shootist
Shootist
 Originally Posted By: BBwheelgunner
This is a fun thread! lots of cool hunts, and some re-occuring themes it seems.

Just to piggy back on what many have stated already, Africa is an amazing experience in itself. I am lucky enough to have been to Tanzania (didn't get to hunt) and the landscape, people, culture, and creatures are all spectacular.

That being said, I would love to go back with my FA 454 in hand, and if I am dreaming big, do a 21 day safari in Mozambique or Tanzania in some of the old school real "wild" locations left on the Dark continent.

Equally as exciting and dream worthy for me would be to do a 21 day "safari" in Alaska (or Canada if we're dreaming!) and hunt moose, caribou, black bear, grizzly,and dall sheep.

I wild, fair chase bison someday would be amazing too
;\)

All of this sounds great to me!

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

Re: The ultimate handgun hunt? [Re: Whitworth] #197390 01/26/2019 2:59 AM
billa Offline
old hand
old hand
A great discussion. Many wonderful hunts mentioned. Perhaps this shows that there really are no ?bad? hunts. One of each please !!!

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations,... "
Matthew 28:19

Handgun hunter since 1979 - haven't used a rifle since!
HHI member #992, NRA, SCI.
Re: The ultimate handgun hunt? [Re: Muddy] #197392 01/26/2019 4:43 AM
tradmark Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
I have no doubt that Africa is amazing. A booking agent came very close to convincing me once. I just can't see a Range Rover taking the place of a fine horse. 😉

Dan

true, but lions, cape buff, leopards, rhinos, and as on one of my safaris, agressive hippos a few miles from water dont kill land rovers so i think that may have something to do with their choice of hunting transportation 😁

Re: The ultimate handgun hunt? [Re: tradmark] #197394 01/26/2019 2:07 PM
Whitworth Offline
Shootist
Shootist
 Originally Posted By: tradmark

Dan

true, but lions, cape buff, leopards, rhinos, and as on one of my safaris, agressive hippos a few miles from water dont kill land rovers so i think that may have something to do with their choice of hunting transportation 😁

Yup, it?s a beautifully hostile place! That?s what makes it so appealing.

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

Re: The ultimate handgun hunt? [Re: Whitworth] #197420 01/28/2019 10:45 PM
jamesfromjersey Offline
Shootist
Shootist
How I wish I could hunt one of these big cats with a handgun

Life member-NRA-SCI
"I have more guns then I need but not as many as I want" "Handgun hunters HAVE to be good"
Re: The ultimate handgun hunt? [Re: jamesfromjersey] #197422 01/29/2019 12:39 AM
45MAN Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
THERE WAS A RESTAURANT ACROSS THE RIVER IN MEXICO THAT HAD A HUGE FULL SIZE MOUNTED JAGUAR. JAGUARS EXIST DOWN SOUTH NOT EVEN 100 MILES FROM BROWNSVILLE. WITH BALLS AND MONEY YOU CAN STILL HUNT THEM (ILLEGALLY) BUT THEN YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING WITH THEM. THE LAST JAGUAR IN THE U.S. WAS KILLED SHORTLY AFTER WW II ABOUT 20 MILES FROM BROWNSVILLE.

Re: The ultimate handgun hunt? [Re: 45MAN] #197425 01/29/2019 1:07 AM
jamesfromjersey Offline
Shootist
Shootist
might have the balls but I don`t have the money
;\)

Life member-NRA-SCI
Re: The ultimate handgun hunt? [Re: jamesfromjersey] #197431 01/29/2019 2:56 AM
45MAN Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
JAMES: "THE BALLS" IS A REFERENCE TO THE VENUE OF THE HUNT AS PARTS OF TAMAULIPAS CAN BE REALLY DANGEROUS, AND THE "UNDERGROUND" NATURE OF THE NON-SANCTIONED HUNT, AND NOT JUST THE DANGER IN HUNTING ANY OF THE BIG CATS. THERE WERE SOME TEXAS LION HUNTERS THAT RAN DOGS AND WERE RUMORED TO BE HUNTING JAGUAR IN SOUTH AMERICA, AND EVEN SNOW LEOPARD IN THE HIMALAYAS.

Re: The ultimate handgun hunt? [Re: 45MAN] #197441 01/29/2019 11:38 AM
jamesfromjersey Offline
Shootist
Shootist
I see what you mean Rey... mine aren't that big....

Life member-NRA-SCI
Re: The ultimate handgun hunt? [Re: jamesfromjersey] #197456 01/29/2019 6:32 PM
sixshot Offline
old hand
old hand
Aw, come on James, you only live once & with that accent they would think you were part of a South American cartel anyway!!

Dick

Re: The ultimate handgun hunt? [Re: sixshot] #197462 01/29/2019 9:54 PM
jamesfromjersey Offline
Shootist
Shootist
Only a guy from Idaho could come up with that
\:o

Life member-NRA-SCI
Re: The ultimate handgun hunt? [Re: jamesfromjersey] #197468 01/30/2019 6:12 AM
cobrad Offline
stranger
stranger
Alaskan Moose for me. I've got elk, black bear, deer, turkeys, marmots, and some other stuff, but never hunted moose. Gun would be my FA .454. I like hunting with revolvers. I do use a Vortex Viper as I can't see open sights to well anymore.

Re: The ultimate handgun hunt? [Re: cobrad] #197535 02/01/2019 11:54 PM
jamesfromjersey Offline
Shootist
Shootist
Another critter I love to get a shot at...

Life member-NRA-SCI
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 58 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod