Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Packing the New 12Bore Diablo Howdah #197779 02/19/2019 7:50 PM
freedom475 Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
There has been a few threads started around the net about the new Diablo howdah pistols. I think they look great. I can't wait to get my hands on mine!

These are Black Powder Muzzleloaders and completely legal.

https://americanguncraft.com/products/

I have a Pedersoli howdah 20 gauge, but it is just too big to carry. So I am sure glad to see this little 12 guage being offered.

I think the little 6" Diablo is going to be very portable and usable. I see their magnet attachment going on my boat and another mounted in the side-by-side for sure!

This thing should destroy a Rattle Snake! Might even get a grouse near the trail with some #4buck. Sure will be interesting to fire a 70cal roundball over the chronograph...This may even qualify as a point-blank hog stomper!?

Many of you know me, and that I make holsters for a living. So my question for you guys is.. What style of a holster would you like to see available for the Diablo? I think this will be a tidy little package for your hip. They are small enough that a shoulder or chest holster should also work well.

The Diablo does come with a little ramrod, so whatever I do, I will be integrating a way to carry the ramrod and a couple 209primers right on the holster.

Please share your thoughts on this with me.

(And please, if you are not interested in the Diablo'...Please don't litter my thread with negativity.)

Thanks guys.
Wes

Mister, why do you carry a 45? "Because Sam Colt don't make a 46."
Re: Packing the New 12Bore Diablo Howdah [Re: freedom475] #197795 02/20/2019 5:54 PM
Brenden Offline
addict
addict
For some odd reason, these appeal to me. Is there no choke to the barrels? You mentioned firing 70 caliber round balls, so I am curious.

I too would like to purchase one eventually. They are sharp looking guns.

Re: Packing the New 12Bore Diablo Howdah [Re: Brenden] #197797 02/20/2019 6:56 PM
freedom475 Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I only know what I have read on their website.

I am not aware of anyone that has actually touched one yet. But I can't imagine that there is any choke in them.

The pictures sure make them look fun to me.... And if all they are good for is fun, I'm ok with that. :-)

Plus I have a 72cal Kodiak that just seems lonely! I think this little buddy would partner up nicely with it!

I already have the round balls and all the fixin's so these appeal to me too Brenden.

Mister, why do you carry a 45? "Because Sam Colt don't make a 46."
Re: Packing the New 12Bore Diablo Howdah [Re: freedom475] #197801 02/20/2019 8:47 PM
Brenden Offline
addict
addict
I believe I need to look into these further then. I've had a hankering for a large bore black powder pistol for some time. I really enjoy BP, just haven't fooled with it in sometime.

More research is needed, but I believe I know where $400 just went.

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 26 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod