Next Thread
Print Thread
How did the Media miss this one?? #12061 12/20/2005 1:33 PM
7STDUBBERU Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Subject: Denzel Washington, and Brooks Army Medical Center in San Antonio

Don't know whether you heard about this but Denzel Washington and his family visited the troops at Brook Army Medical Center, in San Antonio ,Texas (BAMC) the other day. This is where soldiers who have been evacuated from Germany come to be hospitalized in the United States, especially burn victims. There are some buildings there called Fisher Houses. The Fisher House is a Hotel where soldiers' families can stay, for little or no charge, while their soldier is staying in the Hospital. BAMC has quite a few of these houses on base, but as you can imagine, they are almost filled most of the time.

While Denzel Washington was visiting BAMC, they gave him a tour of one of the Fisher Houses. He asked how much one of them would cost to build. He took his checkbook out and
Quote:

made a sizable donation

. The soldiers overseas were amazed to hear this story and want to get the word out to the American public, because it warmed their hearts to hear it.

The question I have is why does:

Alec Baldwin ,Madonna , Sean Penn and other Hollywood types make front page news with their anti-everything America crap and Denzel Washington's Patriotism doesn't even make page 3 in the Metro section of any newspaper except the Local newspaper in San Antonio?

A true American and friend to all in uniform!

This needs as wide a distribution as we can create.

Edited to correct

GOD BLESS YOU DENZEL FOR YOUR PATRIOTISM

Last edited by 7STDUBBERU; 12/20/2005 5:47 PM.

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
Re: How did the Media miss this one?? [Re: 7STDUBBERU] #12062 12/20/2005 4:08 PM
akbejeepin Offline
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_denzel_fisher_house.htm

That email has been floating around for a while. It is only partially true. Go to the address I have listed above. Right above the "variant #1" there is a place where you can click on "comments" on the analysis. I have learned to check out every email I get before I forward it on to anyone. I would say that the mojority of the time similar emails to this one are FALSE.

Re: How did the Media miss this one?? [Re: 7STDUBBERU] #12063 12/20/2005 4:18 PM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
that changes my opinion of him somewhat, in the past i had alway seen things that would lead you to believe that he was more aligned with people like alec baldwin. (who I really wish would have gone to canada when bush won along with michael moore and 80% of hollywood ) At least even if he is on the opposite side of aisle from where most of us gun owners sit, he dosn't let it cloud his vision of our heros. (although if he supports gun control he can still kiss my hind quarter, which at a not so trim 240lbs is the size of a fair sized bear and almost as hairy, I know too much info. ) any how america was founded on debate and differences. I just get tired of these bleeding hearts that complain about the president and the war, and then turn around and say they support our troops but pull crap like sean penn and go play footsies with the iranians who are supporting the little radical freaks blowing themselves and our troops up. by the way am I the only one that was less than impressed with jane "commy" fondas' appology that just happened to come out right before her book, these hollywood elites really do think we are stupid.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist

Re: How did the Media miss this one?? [Re: wapitirod] #12064 12/20/2005 5:50 PM
7STDUBBERU Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I edited myt original post to show fact of sizable donation, not the entire amount was donted.

We would not this evil man to get too much credit for doing this great thing no matter what the $ amount was

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
Re: How did the Media miss this one?? [Re: wapitirod] #12065 12/20/2005 9:41 PM
bisleyfan44 Offline
veteran
veteran
AMEN, ROD!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a handgun today.
Re: How did the Media miss this one?? [Re: 7STDUBBERU] #12066 12/20/2005 10:39 PM
akbejeepin Offline
You missed my point...I am as conservative as they get and also a fan of Denzel. I also think that the facts should be kept straight, leaving no room for criticism from those on the left. I was not trying to take any credit from Denzel and the donation he made. Anyways, I thought this was a Handgun hunting forum?????

Re: How did the Media miss this one?? [Re: akbejeepin] #12067 12/20/2005 10:53 PM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
unfortunately handguns and politics are joined at the hip, the 2nd amendment is the only one the aclu and the democrats aren't whining about being violated, and it is consistently the one they violate and rape the most, sorry boys but being a liberal and saying you support the 2nd don't fly. sorry if i have stepped on any toes but as many of you whom i've done business with in the last week or two know, i'm a straight shooter, you can paint a horesapple red on the outside but it still is crap on the inside. maybe thats why the NRA and SCI came out firmly against Kerry the coward.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist

Re: How did the Media miss this one?? [Re: wapitirod] #12068 12/21/2005 5:20 PM
JeffD Offline
I'm with you there. Can't hide the truth for very long.

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 114 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod