Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Dropping in. #200265 06/25/2019 2:40 AM
EricS Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Wow it?s been a little over a year since I stopped by. Last time here there was talk of shutting the site down. Glad to see it?s still here. I moved five years ago. Lost my backyard range(actually still have it but it?s over an hour away)and trigger time suffered. I haven?t hunted much with a handgun since. I did manage a 8 point last year with the cva optima pistol but it?s about all I have left that I feel confident in just checking zero and going hunting. The thing is just so easy to shoot well. I wish it had a better grip. The handgun hunting bug has been chewing at me for a while now. I?ve spent most of my time online the last few years on the Saddlehunter forum. Saddle hunting and handgun hunting should blend well and just makes since for 90 percent of what I do. Gonna give it a shot again this year. We will see how it goes.

Re: Dropping in. [Re: EricS] #200294 06/26/2019 12:53 AM
Chance Weldon Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Yep, we're still going strong. Hate that you had to cut back on trigger time, but I'm sure we can entice you to get back out there.

Formerly TN Lone Wolf

"We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided." - J.K. Rowling
Re: Dropping in. [Re: Chance Weldon] #200303 06/26/2019 11:55 AM
EricS Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Thanks Chance. There?s no one renting my old house right now so I?m down there at least every other weekend cutting grass and remodeling. I need to start taking some handguns with me when I go. I?m a member at a local range here that is overcrowded with idiots unless there?s a big game on at the time. I shoot the cva well enough Im considering just adding the 6.5 Creedmoor scout to my lineup. I?ve got a Bisley hunter in 41 that?s begging to be shot more. I?ve shot it some but have come to the conclusion that I don?t like the 4x Leupold mounted on the barrel like it is. I can?t quite get extended into a good shooting position before I run out of eye relief. If I tuck my elbows in and bring it in closer I run out just before I get close enough to get comfortable. I may give the ultradot gen 2 a try.

Re: Dropping in. [Re: EricS] #200305 06/26/2019 12:14 PM
KRal Offline
Shootist
Shootist
EricS,

Have you tried adjusting your ocular lens to get to the proper eye relief? This may get you where you need to be. If not, you'll have to use an optional scope mount/ring to move the scope closer to you.

It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze.
Re: Dropping in. [Re: KRal] #200310 06/26/2019 5:10 PM
EricS Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
KRal I want to say I have but I haven?t shot it in a year so I will play with it some more. I plan on shooting it some more this weekend.

Re: Dropping in. [Re: EricS] #200311 06/26/2019 10:36 PM
EricS Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Thanks Kral. It was decreed pretty far out. It actually got worse as I turned it in but decided to take it all the way in and then back out. It is a lot better now when standing with my arms mostly straight. I had big plans when I bought this revolver. Found a pound of H110 and a new set of carbide dies a few minutes ago in my powder storage.

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 110 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod