Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Burris Fastfire or Vortex Venom? #200794 07/27/2019 7:30 PM
Mech 8 Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I'm setting up a S&W 629 Classic with a 5 inch barrel and a Raptor Engineering red dot base that will work with either of these two red dots. I currently own a Fastfire II, but have never really liked the way you make the windage and elevation adjustments and then lock them down. The Vortex Venom seems to get good reviews and the two Vortex rifle scopes I have are very nice, so I wouldn't have a problem purchasing a Venom if ya'll thought that it would be better more reliable product. Just looking for opinions. Thanks.

Re: Burris Fastfire or Vortex Venom? [Re: Mech 8] #200795 07/27/2019 8:08 PM
Randy M Offline
veteran
veteran
I?ve owned both and prefer the Vortex. Both function fine but I just preferred the format of the Vortex over the Burris, partly due to the aspect you mentioned. If you?re not planning to shoot over 75ish yards, I think this is a great option. Beyond that my personal opinion is to spend a little more for the trijicon with a 1MOA.

I still own the Vortex but sold the Burris btw.

The meat won't fry if the lead don't fly.
Re: Burris Fastfire or Vortex Venom? [Re: Randy M] #200801 07/27/2019 11:55 PM
longhunter Offline
addict
addict
Never owned a Vortex but have the FastFire III's on all my revolvers, rimfire and centerfire. Very pleased with them.

"The reason a dog has so many friends,He wags his tail instead of his tongue."

"I don't always listen to Black Sabbath,But when I do so do the neighbors"
Re: Burris Fastfire or Vortex Venom? [Re: longhunter] #201023 08/08/2019 1:48 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I?ve ran the FF3 on my .454 SRH for several years now and have no complaints.

Re: Burris Fastfire or Vortex Venom? [Re: ] #201025 08/08/2019 1:57 AM
karl Offline
old hand
old hand
I have several vortex scopes (rifle and spotting) that have been issue free and great quality for the price. I have mounted 2 of the venom sights on pistols and they work well. One was a cabelas floor model that never worked for me so vortex replaced it quickly. The other ended up with messed up threads on the battery cover the first time I opened it up so vortex replaced that too. Both warranty replacements were quick and as hassle free as they could be. I do like the range of dot intensity they offer. works well for more precise shooting and lower light hunting.

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 100 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod