Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
CYLINDER WOBBLE IN 44 BISLEY #12215 12/29/2005 1:49 PM
boonyratt Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I have a 6" stainless Ruger 44mag Bisley that is a perfect carry gun for hunting thick cover and swamps. My only issue with the revolver is that it seems to have too much lateral movement of the cylinder. I have felt a couple of other Blackhawks, and they don't seem to move as much. Am I being picky or is there a quick-fix to this. I don't have a gunsmith locally, so I cannot get a pin custom fitted. Has anyone had experience with "drop in" pins being any better than what I have? I have not measured the pin yet, but will this weekend. Any ideas or experiences good or bad?

Boonyratt (Georgia)

Re: CYLINDER WOBBLE IN 44 BISLEY [Re: boonyratt] #12216 12/29/2005 2:17 PM
BS2 Offline
stranger
stranger
You might want to give Ruger a call, First! See what they have to say.

Re: CYLINDER WOBBLE IN 44 BISLEY [Re: boonyratt] #12217 12/29/2005 4:56 PM
gmj531 Offline
stranger
stranger
FIrst off. How good does the pistol shoot in its present condition. If it is a shooter I would not worry about it. Look up Belt Mountain on the internet for oversized base pins. I replaced one on a 45 Blackhawk. There was nothing to it. I checked it first it was a bit oversized. Then I chucked it in a drill and used a piece of Scotchbrite on it spareingly and checked often to see if it would fit. Then cold blued it when it fit. There is really nothing to fitting it. They are not that much oversized that a lot of effort is needed to install. I am not the greatest pistol shot out there but I would say it helped. Hope this helps.

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 78 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod