Print Thread
SSK-50 frames now available for pre-order #202470 10/10/2019 8:32 PM
Chance Weldon Offline OP
Distinguished Expert
OP Offline
Distinguished Expert
Just got this in an email:

Quote:
The SSK-50 listing will go live 10/10 at 10 am MT on HausOfArms.com!!! SSK-50 FRAMES

There is an old saying that there are those that make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened.

The HausofArms Team (Marty, Ruth and Eric) spent 2 days in Quakertown, PA, at the HQ of Lehigh Defense surrounded by people that MAKE THINGS HAPPEN daily. Lehigh Defense owner David Fricke, plant manager, Gordy Edwards, Brian Alberts from SSK Firearms, and 2 engineers were ready for us, and as you would expect, Marty was ready with a yellow legal pad with 15 pages of questions. I'm sure at least some of you have read the FB post from Dave where he outlines 41 years of passion with the Original (G1) Contender. That passion comes across in person as real as it did in his post. These people are real, hard working people, not pretentious or arrogant, no fancy entrance with a receptionist, a pure manufacturing facility. They contract work making heart valve parts, oil field parts, machined bullets (some of the wildest most imaginative bullets you'll ever see), parts for the F35 fighter as well as parts for Tesla cars. Okay, let's just say they are diverse. Now throw in the SSK-50 SS frame assemblies for good measure. Are they up to the challenge of reviving a legend? The most versatile platform EVER? No question for me.
Summary:

1) Lehigh Defense has purchased SSK Industries from JD Jones. They did the legwork to bring back the Original (G1) Contender frame as well as the internal parts. This project has been ongoing for about 16 months. The resources committed just for this first phase are incredible.

2) The first item to be released will be the SSK-50 frame, SS with black nitride trigger guard, black oxide hammer and trigger--very sharp (see picture attached). There will initially be 3 frames offered, LYNX face engraved, HausofArms Logo engraved and a flatside, suitable for your own personal engraving. Think of the new frame this way, "THE BEST EDITION OF THE LAST MODEL ORIGINAL CONTENDER PRODUCED!" In addition, it's made of stronger materials and machined to more consistent specs with state of the art CNC technology. The benefits include same chamberings, 100% crossover compatibility with ALL existing G1 Contender stocksets, barrels and accessories, including current production T/C G2 barrels, and the custom barrels from SSK, MGM and Bullberry.

3) The Mongrel muzzleloader platform information will be in a followup email, composed by Eric and is currently at the ATF for approval. I'll just say it's revolutionary.

4) Parts: All internal and external parts will be "coming soon" and offered by HausofArms and SSK Firearms. Expect them to be offered individually, and as kits on multiple online venues.

5) Services: Service work will be offered by SSK Firearms for the Original (G1) Contender frames. This will eventually include the "EASY OPEN TRIGGER GUARD REVISION" whereby your older model Contender can be updated to allow use of the current production barrels. If your Original Contender has a broken part, not functioning or just want it checked over by an expert with the experience to give you the confidence to bring it out of mothballs, those services will be available as well.

6) Ammo, reload support, brass, bullets and dies: Lehigh Defense is perhaps the most creative and innovative bullet manufacturer in the world. Dave Fricke has a stated goal of "MAKING WILDCATTING MAINSTREAM" and therefore, will be in the near future supporting all the reloading parts and pieces necessary as well as ammunition--the JDJ's, TCU's, the WHISPER'S to name a few. Some of these are already starting to appear on the SSK Firearms site.

7) Lifetime Factory Warranty

Summation:

I believe this to be the best news in the single shot world in decades. Passion, resources, ability and a history of excellence of the SSK Firearms team AND an ammunition supplier providing everything necessary to support many of the chamberings that made the original Contender great from the beginning.

I sincerely encourage you to get behind this project and be an active, positive force in the revival of this platform. I've been in business for 10 years now. I've heard your stories you are proud to tell me when you got your first Contender, about THAT Contender trigger, your trips to the factory, the people you knew there. This is a rare opportunity in history to turn the clock back, to start the SSK-50 generation. Dave Fricke, if you are reading this, my hats off to you and your team, and know this, HausofArms is behind you 100%.

Certainly, if you have questions feel free to email me, and I will do my best to answer those questions.

Be safe and shoot straight.

Marty Ebbinghaus

HausOfArms is currently accepting preorders for the SSK-50 frame. For those who don't know, SSK Industries is creating their own version of the original generation Contender, albeit with more modern technology and stronger materials. These frames, from what I can gather, will be able to fit any Contender or G2 barrels. Pricing starts at $275 and they will be available on December 15th.

SSK-50

Formerly TN Lone Wolf

"We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided." - J.K. Rowling
Re: SSK-50 frames now available for pre-order [Re: Chance Weldon] #202510 10/11/2019 11:33 PM
45MAN Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
WHAT ARE THE PRO'S AND CON'S/DIFFERENCES IN G1 FRAMES vs. G2 FRAMES?

"ADAPT OR DIE". I USE ALL CAPS, NOT BECAUSE I AM YELLING, BUT BECAUSE IT IS AN OLD HABIT FROM MY ARMY DAYS, PLUS IT IS EASIER TO TYPE AND READ.
Re: SSK-50 frames now available for pre-order [Re: 45MAN] #202511 10/11/2019 11:51 PM
Ernie Offline
Distinguished Master
Distinguished Master
G-2 frame will be stronger still than the revived Contender frame/SSK-50.
Trigger should be better with the Contender frame...Guessing here.
Glad to see more specialty pistols being made, even though I probably won't get one of these.
I already have a G-2

Ernie the Un-Tactical
Re: SSK-50 frames now available for pre-order [Re: Ernie] #202512 10/12/2019 12:15 AM
Chance Weldon Offline OP
Distinguished Expert
OP Offline
Distinguished Expert
I would get one, but I?m kind of at my limit for gun projects for a while.

Formerly TN Lone Wolf

"We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided." - J.K. Rowling
Re: SSK-50 frames now available for pre-order [Re: Chance Weldon] #202517 10/12/2019 4:14 AM
KYODE Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
Ernie.....im not so sure the G2 will be a lot stronger than this new frame. Supposedly made from better/stronger material than old model contenders. Either time will tell or maybe the designers will at some point.

I do feel more confident with a G2 frames strength as compared to older model frames when using high pressure cartridges. Especially since MGM started offering some cartridges for the ?G2 only? that used to be only for the encore.

I cant give pros and cons. I have nothing but pros for all of them. Maybe one could have a looks preference. 😑
I can get a good trigger on any of them. So i dont buy into that mindset.

Kentucky….no place like home.
Re: SSK-50 frames now available for pre-order [Re: KYODE] #202525 10/12/2019 3:14 PM
Ernie Offline
Distinguished Master
Distinguished Master
 Originally Posted By: KYODE
Ernie.....im not so sure the G2 will be a lot stronger than this new frame. Supposedly made from better/stronger material than old model contenders. Either time will tell or maybe the designers will at some point.

I do feel more confident with a G2 frames strength as compared to older model frames when using high pressure cartridges. Especially since MGM started offering some cartridges for the ?G2 only? that used to be only for the encore.

I cant give pros and cons. I have nothing but pros for all of them. Maybe one could have a looks preference. 😑
I can get a good trigger on any of them. So i don't buy into that mindset.

I know a part of it is cast, I just don't know if those parts that are cast, determine it's strength in comparison to the old ones. Not my wheelhouse.

Ernie the Un-Tactical

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 53 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod