Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Double Duty Single Action #12367 01/07/2006 11:19 PM
TwoPoundPull Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I'd like to share the results of the last few evenings at a local indoor rifle and revolver club that I was invited to join. One of the activity officers asked if I'd care to shoot in a steel plate match. I said sure. The range officer used previous averages to loosely make up eleven two man teams. My partner and I introduced ourselves. He asked, "what are ya shooting?" I proceded to pull out a 44 SBH. His reaction was "don't you have a conventional gun?" My response was, this "is" a conventional gun. Needless to say, I had to take the brunt of some good-natured ball busting from all the 45ACP Colt, and 9mm Kimber guys, most of which were very good shooters. As the match progressed, I would hear some comments like, "this ain't fair, look at the size of that thing" and, "Look... he has to pull the hammer back to shoot". The range officer did intervene once to check that I was shooting specials. The plates, when hit, went down with little hesitation. As it turned out, we won. We pretty consistantly dropped the five 8" plates in what seemed like less than three seconds. My two on the right and his three on the left. The next week we shot individually, I finished fifth, with a small cheering section behind me. I guess the moral of this post is to get those hand cannons out to the indoor range, push some cowboy loads thru the gate, and mix it up with the gas-gun shooters. An active club with good people is the best incentive. By the way, I've noticed a few more wheel guns showing up lately.

I'm not as good as I was..... But I'm the best I'll ever be....
Re: Double Duty Single Action [Re: TwoPoundPull] #12368 01/08/2006 12:29 AM
KYODE Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
lol......thats pretty cool

Kentucky….no place like home.
Re: Double Duty Single Action [Re: TwoPoundPull] #12369 01/08/2006 1:07 AM
JDJHNTR Offline
Give em he** "TPP" I love it!!!!!

Best,
Randy HHI#8049
Re: Double Duty Single Action [Re: TwoPoundPull] #12370 01/08/2006 1:16 AM
tx44hunter Offline
Great story!!!!!

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 138 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod