Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Thanks Ruger #206321 04/03/2020 8:30 PM
ivoryhunter Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
First I want to say how much I enjoy reading this forum and how helpful it's contributors have been, they have made me a better shot. In the past my favorite pistol was a 629 Classic and became comfortable shooting full house reloads. Then after reading Max Prasac and John Taffin on big bore revolvers as well as all the cool pictures, a SBH in .454 Casull turned up at my local range and came home with me.

As I had not yet received reloading components for it my first session was with Hornady Custom ammo, 240 grain XTP'S, at an advertised muzzle velocity of 1900 fps, the first shot was pretty much a holy crap moment but with practice and mid range loads I have become comfortable and proficient with it and has become my favorite. It does usually wake up the indoor range.

Several weeks back after a few rounds my pistol ejected the front sight, I did note Max Prasac mention that happened in his SBH testing.

Ruger returned the pistol in about two weeks with a new sight and at my request made up a spare without charge which was nice of them.

In any case, 20 or so shots after getting the pistol back the trigger was not resetting. I took it home cleaned it, it cycled fine a dozen or so times than everything locked up, the gate would not open, the base pin would not come out, and the hammer would not budge so it was back to Ruger.

This was all about a week before every thing started to shut down due to the virus and once it did I accepted it was going to be awhile before it was fixed so was pleasantly surprised to get a call from the range that it was back from Ruger already.

I do not know what went wrong but Ruger Service was really thorough in checking it over and making all right, the repair ticket said they adjusted the barrel gap, replaced the gate spring and cylinder latch as well as for some reason replacing the front sight again.

Nobody likes to have a problem but I was treated very well and promptly by Ruger Service, I do thank them and will remain a loyal customer although the photos in the Freedom Arms gallery leave me longing.

Ivoryhunter

Last edited by ivoryhunter; 04/03/2020 10:15 PM.
Re: Thanks Ruger [Re: ivoryhunter] #206326 04/04/2020 1:34 AM
Drycreek3189 Offline
?the photos in the Freedom Arms gallery leave me longing?

You ain?t by yourself......

Re: Thanks Ruger [Re: Drycreek3189] #206433 04/12/2020 1:37 AM
jamesfromjersey Offline
Shootist
Shootist
Do what you can to get one... they are worth it...

Life member-NRA-SCI
Member-HHI #2900-HHASA #067
Colt-Ruger-Freedom Arms-and S&W Collector Assoc.s
"I have more guns then I need but not as many as I want" "Handgun hunters HAVE to be good"
Re: Thanks Ruger [Re: jamesfromjersey] #206437 04/12/2020 1:35 PM
Mark Hampton Offline
old hand
old hand
Amen

Re: Thanks Ruger [Re: Mark Hampton] #206466 04/15/2020 7:58 PM
ivoryhunter Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Those are beautiful Jamesfromjersey, really like the tan micarta.

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 55 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod