Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Some encouraging news....... #13102 02/09/2006 1:16 AM
TCScout Offline OP
OP Offline
on handgunning for elk in Kentucky.

There was a committee meeting today to send the handgun ban proposal on to the full committee. I was not able to attend as I have been wrestling all day with a kidney stone and have for the most part been losing. I did receive a call from the president of my sportsmans club and he had not yet heard the outcome.

That said, he did pass along some information that I wanted to share. In a pre-meeting last night at Bluegrass Army Depot, there was one well known and respected individual who spoke on behalf of handgun hunters. He just so happens to be the silhouette coordinator for the sportsmans club and is an avid handgunner. Apparently he did a great job in communicating and apprising members of the many strides made in hunting handguns over the past few years and indicated that skilled handgunners are effective at their trade.

But here is what I really wanted to pass on to you guys. Dr. Tina Brunjes of KY F&W indicated last night that she had been overwhelmed by e-mails and phone calls on this issue. She went on to indicate that this particular sector of people were the most respectful, polite, and knowledgable group that she has ever heard from in her capacity with F&W (apparently she has in the past gotten her ears trimmed back by folks on other issues).

First, I have no doubt that the members of this forum represent the lions share of people who have contacted F&W, and I was asked to thank you all. Second, I wanted to let you know that you were well received and that in itself could go a looooong way in the end. Thanks for your professionalism, it speaks volumes.

Now if we can just get them to agree to revisit the issue and talk about setting some standards for handgunning for elk in KY.

Post Tenabras Lux
Re: Some encouraging news....... [Re: TCScout] #13103 02/09/2006 2:14 AM
Dan B. Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Excellent news!!

Re: Some encouraging news....... [Re: TCScout] #13104 02/09/2006 2:32 AM
KYODE Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
yipppeee! one step at a time to a victory for handgunners in the state of ky...........or state of confusion in my case

Kentucky….no place like home.
Re: Some encouraging news....... [Re: KYODE] #13105 02/09/2006 4:09 AM
Tigger Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Looking up , glad ya got the ball rolling KYODE!!

NRA Life Member

** NEVER! Moon a Werewolf!!**
Re: Some encouraging news....... [Re: TCScout] #13106 02/09/2006 4:31 PM
nmhunter Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
excellent!!! keep us posted.
nmhunter

Re: Some encouraging news....... [Re: TCScout] #13107 02/09/2006 5:19 PM
Bullelk Hunter Offline
veteran
veteran
It is excellent news. I know from some of the uninformed here in my community gun club and even some of the shops, they still think we're out there banging at deer with 38 Specials and 9mms. Most are not up to date (don't care to be) on the improvemets that have been made in our field. Most think handguns are solely designed for self defense-which 9mms are! Keep spreading the word in all the circles!

BullElk Hunter (Gerry)HHI #2933
And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, whom shall I send and who will go for us? And I said: Here am I, send me!(Is. 6:8)

Re: Some encouraging news....... [Re: TCScout] #13108 02/09/2006 10:05 PM
rugernut Offline
Good deal!! I'm hoping to receive some return emails from some of our F&G folks here in hillbillyville. Keep us posted on anymore news.

Thanks,
Kennon

Re: Some encouraging news....... [Re: rugernut] #13109 02/10/2006 2:35 AM
TCScout Offline OP
OP Offline
KYODE and Rugernut

There are some more connected people than I who appear to be taking up the issue now. They have been keeping me posted. It appears that someone or somebodies are going to have to go before the commission and state our case. I was also told that when the time comes some of us in-state handgunners are going to need to contact our district wildlife commissioners. I would hold off for now, but I think we need to keep in touch via e-mail. Mine is posted on this site. Hope to year from you guys.

Post Tenabras Lux

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 103 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod