Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ruger Bisley .357 #14749 05/13/2006 10:03 AM
mikeflo44 Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Just got me a new Ruger Bisley .357,Anybody have any pet hunting loads.Got some 180gr Penn tcbb hard cast on the way. I installed the wolfe spring kit and a Belt Mnt # 5 base pin
Thanks Mike

Re: Ruger Bisley .357 [Re: mikeflo44] #14750 05/15/2006 4:12 AM
magnumdennis Offline
stranger
stranger
I have a Ruger Bisley 357 mag. I have had it for about 5 years. It has a Millet red dot scope on it. It shoots great, but mine does not like lead bullets of any kind. It will only shoot jacketed bullets accuratly. I shoot in the IHMSA matches and I shoot a Speer 158 gr. TMJ for IHMSA. For hunting I shoot the 158 gr. JHP for coyotes and the 158 gr. JSP for small game. This gun does not like to shoot 38 sp. neither. It must have something to do with the length of the case and head space. So every thing I hunt has to be 357 magnum. Now I also reload so my small game loads are loaded down some. The loads for the coyotes are right up there in power. The powder I use for reloading is Hodogan H4227 for hunting. For IHMSA I use Titegruop. The sights that came with this gun, I did not like. I had to send to Ruger for a wider rear sight blade. They sent it to me for nothing. That was nice of them. But this still did not help. So I went to the red dot scope. If you go to a red dot scope DON'T get a cheap one. Spend some money and get a good one. I learnt the hard way!! The Millet scope is great. You can see the dot even in bright sunlighted days. With the cheap red dot scopes you can turn up the scope all the way and still have trouble seeing the dot. I hope your Bisley will serve you well as mine does to me. Once you get to know the gun and how it shoots different ammo, you will be well on your way to great shooting. Good luck. Dennis.

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 114 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod