Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Anyone see the handgun hunts on TV? #15836 08/21/2006 3:47 PM
Bama Offline OP
OP Offline
My wife finally put her foot down and said I had to stay home and clean the garage, closets, and all my crap as she put it ever so lightly. I tried to explain I was going to the range and then kayak fishing when it cooled off yesterday evening. LOL She's very understanding but she is trying to clean up for my son's birthday today.

Anyway while I was cleaning/moving stuff around LOL I had the outdoor channel on the TV. Low and behold Peterson's Hunting came on and it had 2 hangun whitetail deer huntds featured. Needless to say my motivation ground down real slow when that came on.

I just thought it was cool to see 30 m in of handgun hunting, not just a 5 min bleep.

I've got to go home early and finish my loading room.

She still loves me though. I guess the new encore will have to stay at work for another couple of days. (She takes inventory in the safe)

If I was Better I'd be twins Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005
Re: Anyone see the handgun hunts on TV? [Re: Bama] #15837 08/22/2006 1:59 PM
JD Offline
stranger
stranger
Last night they had a Caribou hunt up north with TC 30-06, Larry shot that one. Jim shot his with BP

Over the weekend they took 3 buffalo with 500 S&W

Re: Anyone see the handgun hunts on TV? [Re: Bama] #15838 08/22/2006 7:52 PM
jim257 Offline
addict
addict
im thinking...(dreaming)of a s&w 460 as a new hunting tool,but the harley is kinda taking all my extra funds now!you just cant ride it...you have to make it loud,you have to have saddle bags,oh yeah...the carb needs rejeted so the new exhaust will not cost the engine any power!i figure while its setting this winter i can establish a handcannon fund...jim257

get-r-done
Re: Anyone see the handgun hunts on TV? [Re: Bama] #15839 08/23/2006 3:30 PM
squirrelsniper Offline
stranger
stranger
I've gotten to see a few handgun hunts here lately too . I can't remember what show it was, but I saw one on Men's Channel with three buffalo hunts using the 500 S&W which I thought was a very good show. Then I also got to see the Peterson's Hunting show on the Outdoor Channel where Doug Koening used the 460 to take a whitetail, and if I remember correctly it was at 216yds .

I think the 500 S&W and it's generous promotion by S&W has brought more attention to handgun hunting in general, so maybe there will be more handgun shows in the future.

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 93 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod