Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Took The Edge Off! #16320 10/01/2006 11:59 PM
LUCKYDOG Offline OP
OP Offline
Two guys, four geese one band, Fort Collins Colorado! That took the edge off for awhile! We only finished one flock, and I called the shot at about 8 yards, I had a new shotgun and I fumbled for the safety, but still managed to scratch two. Felt good to get the band! Going up on the 12th to go elk hunting, can't wait!! I'm looking forward to reading all of your success stories! GOOD LUCK AND SAFE HUNTING TO ALL!!

Forgot to mention I had Morgan, my nine year old daughter out, and she was putting out decoys, flagging and just lovin life! I'm not gonna push her but I can't wait until shes ready to shoot!

I've hunted almost everyday of my life, the rest were just waisted. Primos
Re: Took The Edge Off! [Re: LUCKYDOG] #16321 10/02/2006 5:03 PM
bisleyfan44 Offline
veteran
veteran
congratulations on the geese. i'm glad you got to take your daughter with you. i'm sure she loved it. good luck with elk....looking forward to a story and some pics.

I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a handgun today.
Re: Took The Edge Off! [Re: LUCKYDOG] #16322 10/02/2006 5:05 PM
Bama Offline
Congrats on the geese. I know what you mean about taking care of the itch. Alabama's goose season came in again this past weekend. I wasn't able to go because I was teaching advanced shotgun at the Alabama Dept of Conservation outdoor EXPO in Birmingham. I'm a volunteere hunter ed instructor.

The early resident goose season that opened Sept 1 filled my trigger itch for a while. My friend and I managed 27 in 3 hunts one banded also. LOL Only thing this band said"Montgomery Zoo #8" We were hunting about a mile from the zoo. Also have hit the early real and dove season.

Tree rats opened today, so I may have to try for a few this week.

If I was Better I'd be twins Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 138 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod