Next Thread
Print Thread
Encore Trigger #16823 11/02/2006 4:06 PM
huntkng Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Hi group,

While hunting in WY I borrowed my son's Encore. I had only used one a few times before. I was thinking of buying one but that trigger is terrible! Compared to the Contender it is hard, creepy and about 6 pounds. I asked the other hunters that were using them about the triggers and they said that there is not much you can do to fix them and that they will never clean up to be as crisp and light as the Contender. Is that true??

Bill in Bend, OR

Re: Encore Trigger [Re: huntkng] #16824 11/02/2006 6:43 PM
jb HHI 7241 Offline
there are 2 guys in Bend that can hook you right up. It will never be as sweet as the original Contender, but it can be made a whole lot better.

Mike Bellm
Jim Hendershots.

Last edited by jb HHI 7241; 11/02/2006 6:43 PM.

Jeff

Re: Encore Trigger [Re: huntkng] #16825 11/02/2006 7:05 PM
KYODE Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
http://specialtypistols.ottllc.com/sp4.html

by using this hillbilly trickery.....i get my G2 contender and encore triggers down around 2lbs. super easy to do, n satisfies me to a "T".

mike bellm has instructions that would give you a more "professional" option, but as of yet....i couldn't be happier with this method i learned from a past internet poster.

Kentucky….no place like home.
Re: Encore Trigger [Re: KYODE] #16826 11/02/2006 8:22 PM
GrnMntMan Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
No its not true.
Tons of options.
Like stated above their are a few giys who do trigger jobs but you can do it yourself for the cost of just a spring or 2 if you get froggy.
Go to Bellm's web site and download his trigger job DIY write up.
I did and did mine withion a 1/2 hour. Thats from NEVER taking an Encore frame off the bbl yet.
I got mine a smidge under 2#.
Sweet.

Thanks,
Shawn
Re: Encore Trigger [Re: huntkng] #16827 11/03/2006 1:01 AM
JLarsson Offline
Amen, amen, and AMEN! The Encore trigger can be made VERY nice. Don't know why people who have obviously never pursued the issue would make such definitive pronouncements, but they probably vote Democrat, too.

Okay, that was a low blow and uncalled for. Truth is, these guys have the straight scoop. Even without Mike Bellm's replacement springs, you can have a wonderful trigger on an Encore by following his directions. You can find them here: http://www.bellmtcs.com/Prod_and_Serv/free_cd.htm

Right-click on "Encore Trigger Autorun" and select "Save As". After the file downloads, run it through a couple times to familiarize yourself with the procedure. Then go for it!

Or take it over to Mike B. or Jim H.

Jon Larsson - Hunter, Shooter, Reloader.......Mostly in that order. ;\)
Re: Encore Trigger [Re: JLarsson] #16828 11/03/2006 2:44 AM
Tigger Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
True the factory triggers on the Encores SUX!! I bought my stainless frame new. I put the 223 barrel on with snapcap in and tried the triger. At first I thought I had placed my finger on the trigger guard instead of the trigger. Got out the Lyman digital trigger pull gauge and checked it at 9.5 pounds!!! So I called up Bellm and got a trigger kit coming with a 51# hammer spring, heavy locking lug spring and a lighter trigger spring. Right now the exact number of the trigger spring escapes me. I also got the diamond easy lap, Wyoming stone cut at 80*, and the trigger spring pliers. Once the package arrived I downloaded the tutorial and went to work. In about 1/2 hour I had a trigger that broke krisp and clean at 2 pounds 4 ounces. I preformed all the safty checks that Mike explaines in the tutorial, so I feel confidant that the trigger is safe and functions properly.

If you have the slightest mechanical ability a great Encore trigger is well in reach!! So, like the Nike slogan says; "Just do it"

NRA Life Member

** NEVER! Moon a Werewolf!!**
Re: Encore Trigger [Re: huntkng] #16829 11/03/2006 1:29 PM
medic404 Offline
journeyman
journeyman
I must have gotten lucky with my Encore my trigger is very crisp not the lightest i have felt but no creep i have never truly measured but may do so just to see.

Re: Encore Trigger [Re: medic404] #16830 11/05/2006 3:58 PM
bisleyfan44 Offline
veteran
veteran
i'm with you, medic404. i guess i've been fairly lucky. i have 3 encores with no work done, but i've measured all 3. one is 3# even and crisp, no creep or overtravel at all. another is 3.75# with no creep or overtravel. these are both blue. my stainless is the heaviest at a little over 4.5# with a little creep but otherwise okay. it may need some bellm work in the future.

I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a handgun today.

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 27 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod