Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Done the Encore DIY Trigger job #17578 12/11/2006 7:10 PM
TChunter Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I have been looking around the site since I joined trying to find info in an effort not to post repetitive questions and found the Encore trigger job. I brought my frame to work and set here at my desk during lunch and done it. It worked great!! Only took about five minutes tops!I dont have a scale to measure it, but it sure is easier and crisp too!

Im a genius!! Im a gunsmith now LOL

Thanks for the info guys.

Re: Done the Encore DIY Trigger job [Re: TChunter] #17579 12/11/2006 7:30 PM
JDJHNTR Offline
Well........ in the spirit of Christmas,how about saveing me the trouble and posting a link to it, ol' buddy, ol' pal??

Merry Christmas

Best,
Randy HHI#8049
Re: Done the Encore DIY Trigger job [Re: TChunter] #17580 12/11/2006 7:40 PM
TChunter Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman

Re: Done the Encore DIY Trigger job [Re: TChunter] #17581 12/12/2006 5:46 AM
JDJHNTR Offline
Thanks "TC"! I hope the ol' fat man visits you and yours!!!!

Best,
Randy HHI#8049
Re: Done the Encore DIY Trigger job [Re: JDJHNTR] #17582 12/12/2006 5:28 PM
regnets Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Congrats on a job well done! You must have a great place to work! If I tried to bring any part of a gun in here I'd get beat down like a Chin Chilla farmer at a PETA convention
Anyway It always brings a sense of satisfaction when you can do some of the work yourself!!

---------------
Regnets
Re: Done the Encore DIY Trigger job [Re: regnets] #17583 12/12/2006 6:00 PM
JLarsson Offline
Quote:

Congrats on a job well done! You must have a great place to work! If I tried to bring any part of a gun in here I'd get beat down like a Chin Chilla farmer at a PETA convention
Anyway It always brings a sense of satisfaction when you can do some of the work yourself!!

Love the imagery. Nice.

Encore/G2 trigger jobs aren't TOO tough if you take your time, pay attention to what's happening, and make sure you do the 2 checks. Namely, the hammer must rebound to half cock on it's own, and you shouldn't be able to push the hammer off of full cock using a reasonable amount of effort. Either of these conditions renders the firearm unsafe and must be corrected before using.

If the hammer doesn't rebound, you either need a stronger sear spring (or bend it perhaps?) or the hammer spring is a bit too long and should be shortened slightly and carefully. You don't need to take the whole thing apart to work on the hammer spring. Take off the big nut that the grip screw goes into and there it is.

If you're experiencing "push off", then you need to recut the sear notch slightly. As the sear sits in the gun, with the gun held upright, the bottom of the notch needs to come "up" a bit more toward "horizontal".

Jon Larsson - Hunter, Shooter, Reloader.......Mostly in that order. ;\)

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 138 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod