Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
My wife got r done #18257 01/13/2007 4:39 AM
Bama Offline OP
OP Offline
My wife went hunting this afternoon on the same property I hunted the other evening. She called me at 3:30 and said she was going to the woods. She said she didn't want to sit on the same green field she had been. About the same time a friend of mine called me and I asked if he wanted to go hunting close to home and he said sure. I left work to unlock the gate for my friend. As I was getting out of the truck to unlock the gate my wife passed by, called me on the cell phone and asked if I would lock the gate behind her. She was going in another gate about a mile away. I said sure and told her where I would set up if I was hunting there this evening. She was going to hunt with my G2 7x30 Waters. I wanted a close shot for her so I sent her to an area with a small food plot that I bow hunt.

I got my friend situated, drove around locked the gate for my wife and went back to work. I was getting ready to leave work when my cell phone rang, it was my wife she had just shot a big doe. It took me 10 min to get there from work (sure is nice to have a place to hunt that boarders the city limits of montgomery). While I was driving she called and said she had blood. I called another friend of mine and he was close so he met me at the gate. As I was driving in there was a buck standing in the road 50 yards from her vehicle. I drove to her and she said I have good blood here, spots here, but she didn't want to track it into the thick stuff. My friend and I picked up the blood trail and then it got so thick I knew the lay of the land and circled around to see If I could pick up the blood trail. I didn't find any blood so I started crawling in the thick stuff looking for blood. I crawled to the deer. She thought it was a doe and it turned out to be a 135# spike. that was awsome she was pumped her first with a handgun. She told me when she called me the first time she knew it was a hit because it kicked like a mule. The shot broke the right front shoulder and exited the left side. The exit wound was only about the size of a pencil, but he only went 30 yards. The shot was about 40 yards and she shot perfect.

While I was looking for her deer my other friend who was hunting called to say he had a 2 1/2 year old buck chasing a doe in the fiels 30 yards in front of him and he didn't want to spook them. He waited until dark before he came out.

On the way home another friend called and asked what I was doing and I told him I was taking my wifes deer to the procesor and he asked if I went hunting this evening, I told him no, she went by herself. He can't believe it.

pound for pound she's ahead of me this season for meat in the freezer. She has her deer this evening and all I have is a ton of goose, duck, and quail in th freezer now.

If I was Better I'd be twins Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005
Re: My wife got r done [Re: Bama] #18258 01/13/2007 12:57 PM
Hawkeye Offline
old hand
old hand
That is great. Tell her Congratulations! That is a nice size deer. Those 7-30 Waters are the ticket for bringing home the meat. Mine has taken many deer by me, and my neighbors that use it sometimes.
Good luck with the rest of the season.

Mike

You don't quit playing because you get old, You get old because you quit playing.
Re: My wife got r done [Re: Bama] #18259 01/13/2007 6:04 PM
357 Herrett Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
Looks like it is time to buy the wife her own gun or you won't be getting your 7-30 Waters back.

Re: My wife got r done [Re: 357 Herrett] #18260 01/13/2007 6:43 PM
Larry in SD Offline
addict
addict
Please extend my CONGRATULATIONS to your wife. To you I offer my sympathy as I too agree that you may not be getting your 7-30 Waters back.

Larry

T/C Handguns, One good shot for your moment of truth !
Re: My wife got r done [Re: Bama] #18261 01/13/2007 9:21 PM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
Tell her congratulations, my wife out did me this year. For those of you who have been on here awhile you know my wife has shot some big blacktails and she did it again this year, and it is going on the wall with her other two. she is now 5 deer for 6 seasons and 3 blacktail trophy bucks on the wall to my none, oh well, it's blast to get them out there and watch them score on a nice animal.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist

Re: My wife got r done [Re: wapitirod] #18262 01/13/2007 9:39 PM
Tigger Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Tell your wife CONGRATULATIONS!! that is awesome!!

NRA Life Member

** NEVER! Moon a Werewolf!!**
Re: My wife got r done [Re: Bama] #18263 01/14/2007 1:35 AM
Dan B. Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Hey...that's great!!!!!!

What bullet did SHE use in the Waters? Hornady 120's have been good to me...bad for deer! But 120gr Speer are not so great...caliber in and out.

Re: My wife got r done [Re: Bama] #18264 01/15/2007 4:53 AM
Bullelk Hunter Offline
veteran
veteran
Hey Bama, you have a lot of guys jealous because of your wife! First cuz she hunts, and hunts real good, and second cuz she's a bonafide killer! Now teach her to get her nose in the dirt and start tracking!! That'll complete the huntin part of wife-ly duties! I can get mine to go shooting anytime, especailly handguns, but she just wont hunt. She tell's me its an early morning thing. She'd rather sleep till 7 instead of being on stand at 5:45.

BullElk Hunter (Gerry)HHI #2933
And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, whom shall I send and who will go for us? And I said: Here am I, send me!(Is. 6:8)

Re: My wife got r done [Re: Bullelk Hunter] #18265 01/15/2007 1:48 PM
TChunter Offline
journeyman
journeyman
thats awesome man!!

My wife killed her first two deer last year and she is hooked as well!! She wants to get another one this year, but just hasnt had time to go.

Next weekend I HOPE!

Re: My wife got r done [Re: TChunter] #18266 01/17/2007 6:47 PM
PCMAN Offline
That is great, sounds like you have a good woman there. My wife loves to go with me but will not bring a gun with unless it for pheasant. Good job to your wife and may more good years of hunting to both of you

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 104 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod