Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Penn. Handgun Question?? #18297 01/15/2007 2:41 AM
SCOTTx88 Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
My Virginia CCW is now good in Pa.,What do I need to get to hunt with my other ones? Thanks.

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” Karl Marx/BHO
Re: Penn. Handgun Question?? [Re: SCOTTx88] #18298 01/15/2007 4:40 AM
Bullelk Hunter Offline
veteran
veteran
Scott, it used to be that we here in Pa had to purchase a sportsman's handgun permit to hunt with one, and as I remember a long time ago, they were originally serial numbered to the gun. That changed and went from renewing each 1 yr to a 5yr tag and I could state various so I didn't have to list each one. Since 199?, the law was passed that a person licensed with a PA Concealed Weapon Permit did not have to purchase that additional sportsman permit. These 'drunk tests' here in Pa really hard to pass. NOW, we as law abidding citicens can carry concealed while hunting, even archery. This takes affect in about 60 days or so. I would imagine (don't know for sure) but since the VA CWP is recognized, I don't see why that too won't be reciprocal, but our game laws here in Pa are a little squirrely...I can hunt with a semi-automatic slug gun here in the densly populated SEPA, but can't carry my autoloader with slugs outside of the special rgs area, like in area's where the population of a county is about 1/sq mi! Figure that one out! I'd call the PA game commission just to be sure, but my bet is that you can hunt with it.

BullElk Hunter (Gerry)HHI #2933
And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, whom shall I send and who will go for us? And I said: Here am I, send me!(Is. 6:8)

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 110 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod