hntrjohn Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast

Re: Have you seen this one?? [Re: hntrjohn] #19150 02/28/2007 7:44 PM
Gary Offline
Distinguished Master
Distinguished Master
Zumbo stepped on his crank - plain and simple. However, our 2nd Amendment rights are in the most grave danger they have ever faced and if we don't start raising a serious ruckus we're going to lose. Attitudes like Zumbo's are part of the problem but those who think that way are dead wrong if they don't think all firearms are under attack.

Nearly every serious candidate for President, including the Republicans, is anti-gun and they are also in control of congress.

You can't wait any longer. Join the NRA and start writing your Congressmen and Senators.
Re: Have you seen this one?? [Re: Gary] #19151 03/01/2007 12:05 AM
Bullelk Hunter Offline
veteran
veteran
Wow Gary, that's putting it lightly. We are in deep Do-Do!I sort of wish (I know be careful what you wish for)that somehow only the AR and SKS and other rifles that look military was under attack, but when one reads the listing, Encores with muzzle brakes are terrorist weapons too. The thing that is saddest to me is the fact that no white Americans are creating any of this terror on our soil, and to top it off, most of teh guns listed are not even used in day to day crime in the cities. PO'd in Pa....I'm not gonna be first in line to hand them over..oh that's right, I lost them all on mt last Sea Duck hunt 60 miles off Atlantic City!

BullElk Hunter (Gerry)HHI #2933
And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, whom shall I send and who will go for us? And I said: Here am I, send me!(Is. 6:8)

Re: Have you seen this one?? [Re: hntrjohn] #19152 03/01/2007 3:20 PM
Andyhunter Offline
I agree with everything that has been said here! I love in Illinois and several weeks ago, I sent Senator Barack Obama an email asking what his position is on guns and gun control. I kept it very neutral, so he could not tell what my position was. Here is his response:

Dear Andrew:

Thank you for contacting me regarding my position on gun control and the Second Amendment. I appreciate hearing your interest on this important issue.

I respect the Second Amendment and responsible gun ownership. But I am also concerned about the human consequences of guns falling into the wrong hands and being misused. I do not find objectionable the goal of keeping firearms out of the hands of children, terrorists, gang members and criminals in general. The question for me is how to best accomplish that goal without abridging the rights of hunters, sportsmen, and other legitimate gun owners. As I consider gun legislation, I will work to find the appropriate balance between these two objectives.

Again, Andrew, thank you for contacting me. I look forward to keeping in touch.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama
United States Senator

P.S. Our system does not allow direct response to this email. However, if you would like to contact me again, please use the form on the website: http://obama.senate.gov/contact/

Stay up to date with Barack's work in the Senate and on issues of importance to Illinois. Subscribe to the weekly podcast here: http://obama.senate.gov/podcast/

He is a politican, so I think this answer could go either way..............

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 44 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod