Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Dillon Precision #19554 03/25/2007 1:47 AM
katcher Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I don't know if any of you all use a Dillon reloading press or not but here is my story. I've used a Dillon Square Deal B press for several years loading for 38Super, 40S&W and the 45ACP. A while back I purchased a used RL550B press from one of the guys on this site. After a good cleaning and some slight adjustments I started loading 40S&W on the "new" press. About 30 rounds into it a part on the powder loading system broke off and went flying across the floor. Well off to the home office I went and called Dillon and explained the whole situation to the CSR, Gary. We identified the part and Gary says, "It'll be in the mail tomorrow, no charge." WOW, that's what I call customer service!! That's some kind of warranty program and customer service/support. That was Tuesday night and today, Saturday, the part arrived. That has convinced me to stay a Dillon Precision customer and I am happy to pass on the good word about them.

John

Re: Dillon Precision [Re: katcher] #19555 03/25/2007 6:46 AM
Walkingthemup Offline
addict
addict
Thats same experience I, and all my mates, have had with Dillon. Can't ask for more and I'm very happy with them. (I think its also the reason they sell so many, people know they back their products.)

Re: Dillon Precision [Re: Walkingthemup] #19556 03/25/2007 11:34 AM
Nashcat Offline
On my Dillon 550B, the plastic tips on the primer tubes had become brittle over the last 12 years or so. I gave them a call to buy some more, but they sent 3 each of the 4 different tips at no charge. I haven't bought anything from them in about 8 years, but they still have my address and knew which press I had. Great people. I think that everyone there uses the products that they sell. Whenever you call, they don't have to look up the canned response to your question. They can give you an answer based on their experience.

Nashcat

Re: Dillon Precision [Re: Nashcat] #19557 03/25/2007 7:09 PM
katcher Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
That's kind of the way our conversation was, too. I hadn't purchased anything from them for a while and didn't remember my customer number. He pulled my address and order history up and never missed a beat! You can't beat that!

John

Re: Dillon Precision [Re: katcher] #19558 03/26/2007 12:48 AM
JD HHI 6092 Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
Wish I had that kind of service when I called them. I purchased a new 550B after all the hoopla I heard about it. First thing I asked when I called them was will my RCBS dies work; reply was yes they will. When it arrived I loaded a few 454 rounds then started having problems with the powder station. I read and re-read the instructions a few more times. I adjusted the measure like the owners manual said. When it didn't work I called Dillon and spoke with one of there "experts".

I was thinking maybe he knows a trick. Nope, he just read from the owner’s manual. Then he told me it will work better with Dillon dies. I boxed it up and sent it back. They do have a No BS warranty.

I never had any problems with my RCBS press or dies. When I did I ruined a die trying to remove a stuck case. I was stationed in Sacramento, CA at the time. I made the drive to Oroville for exchange and was lucky enough to get a quick tour of RCBS factory and made a visit to Huntingtons next door.

I'm sticking with the green press for now. That is until I save up some pennies to buy the Hornady Lock-n-Load AP.

Re: Dillon Precision [Re: JD HHI 6092] #19559 03/26/2007 2:05 AM
katcher Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Ouch...that's not what I wanted to hear. Sorry your experience wasn't good. I sure hope they work with my dies, because they don't have Dillon dies for very many cartridges now and I don't want to spend the money to replace all the dies I want to use.

John

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 103 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod