Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
April 22nd Shoot....final directions and info #19785 04/11/2007 2:33 AM
Dan B. Offline OP
Distinguished Expert
OP Offline
Distinguished Expert
Date....April 22nd (if you did not get that from the post title!)

Location...Jackson Twp Rod and Gun Club. Range location is along Route 22 about 6-7 miles east of the Route 22 and Route 56 intersection. If you Yahoo Maps Armagh, PA (zip is 15920) you will see the intersection.

If you are heading east bound: After about 5-6 miles from the noted intersection you will start up a significant incline in the roadway and the road will become a three lane. About half way up the hill, the road will plateau then begin another incline. As you start up the second incline the road will also curve to the left. The range sets on the west bound side of the road but you must proceed passed the range (divided highway) and take the first exit to the right. Loop around the ramp, over the bridge then proceed to go west bound (down the hill) and the range will then be on your right.

If you are coming from the west: The range is about 12 miles from the small town of Ebensburg. There will be a red light on Route 22 with a "Wendy's" and Comfort Inn on the right side and heavy equipment sales on the left side. From this light is when the range is about 12 miles. After a period of maybe 10 miles you will pass through a blinking yellow at the top of a hill, proceed through a dip in the road then across a long flat section. As you begin to drop down the hill you will see an overpass. The range entrance will about a quarter mile passed the overpass on the right side. If you miss the entrance, proceed down the hill to a turn around and follow the dirctions for arriving via eastbound!

Accommodations: I've offered to give a free night stay at a local Comfort Inn to anyone driving a distance for the shoot...reward points have priviledges! This offer is still valid. So please let me know ASAP if you would like to use this offer so I can make arrangements.

Food: Lunch will be provided by my lovely wife. Likely chicken and macaroni salad. I'll also have a case or two of water on hand. If you would like anything else please feel free to bring it along...other than alky or booze! Leave those at home.

Cost: Nothing! This is a fun shoot...and strictly that! We'll be shooting steel plates and water filled jugs from 150yds to 500yds and targets from 25yds to 500yds. If you feel inclined, you can throw something in a kitty pot for the club or to cover food...totally your decision. You are arriving as my guests and are required to pay nothing.

The only concern is that this is a club range and other shooters may be present...but rarely! The passed attendees can attest to that! There is also a BR shoot at a local club which will draw away any "regular" shooters that may have shown up. So likely the range (four cement benches) will be ours. A sizeable dirt flat next to the benches for field style shooting is available.

Time: "Official" time is 10AM. I'll likely be there by 8:30 to start setting jugs and freshly painting the steel plates.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post on this thread, PM me or call me at 724-676-4382 (home) or 724-840-7145 (wife's cell).

Re: April 22nd Shoot....final directions and info [Re: Dan B.] #19786 04/11/2007 3:40 PM
nmhunter Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
hey Dan B. I thought I might be able to make your fun shoot but as usual "work" gets in the way. new contracts and trying to keep so many customers happy, doesn't look like I will make it. sure would have liked to bust a few of them water jugs way out there in long range land. I do look forward to hearing all about it, you all have fun and burn a bunch of powder. by the way did you see the answer back to you on the top for my tripod rest?
if not I can resend the pics and info to you .
nmhunter

Re: April 22nd Shoot....final directions and info [Re: nmhunter] #19787 04/12/2007 1:07 AM
Dan B. Offline OP
Distinguished Expert
OP Offline
Distinguished Expert
Dude...that's a bummer!! Anytime you want to come...you are welcome! Short notice is even fine...in fact...works great..."But honey...I need get ALL this ammo loaded for when Tom comes this weekend.....and to do that I need 8# Varget, 8# H414, 5000 162gr A-Max's, ....to get ready"

Re: April 22nd Shoot....final directions and info [Re: Dan B.] #19788 04/12/2007 12:07 PM
Bullelk Hunter Offline
veteran
veteran
Dan, Regretfully, I can't make it either. I have a previous engagement for that weekend. I checked my calendar it is aready booked for me to attend the SWPA LR Handgun shoot at the Jackson range near Armaugh. Sorry! I'll be there early!!

BullElk Hunter (Gerry)HHI #2933
And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, whom shall I send and who will go for us? And I said: Here am I, send me!(Is. 6:8)

Re: April 22nd Shoot....final directions and info [Re: Bullelk Hunter] #19789 04/15/2007 12:53 AM
Dan B. Offline OP
Distinguished Expert
OP Offline
Distinguished Expert
Jerry...don't forgot to being along some optics.

Dan

Re: April 22nd Shoot....final directions and info [Re: Dan B.] #19790 04/16/2007 1:43 AM
Dan B. Offline OP
Distinguished Expert
OP Offline
Distinguished Expert
The weather for Sunday is looking like 62 degrees and mostly sunny! Quite a change over the last week!!

Re: April 22nd Shoot....final directions and info [Re: Dan B.] #19791 04/21/2007 8:20 PM
Ed P 6989 Offline
Hey Dan,
Isn't going east bound, and coming from the west the same thing? I'm planning on coming up from Greensburg on 119 and catching 22. See ya tomorrow.
Ed
P.S. I'm coming alone. JD has family visiting and the other guys are shooting at their regular meets.

Re: April 22nd Shoot....final directions and info [Re: Ed P 6989] #19792 04/22/2007 1:14 AM
Dan B. Offline OP
Distinguished Expert
OP Offline
Distinguished Expert
Quote:

Isn't going east bound, and coming from the west the same thing?

DOH!! It took until the day before the shoot for someone to figure that out!!

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 39 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod