Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Galco Kodiak Holster for S&W 500... Gotta Get IT!! #20397 05/30/2007 9:38 AM
LDHunter Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I don't often post anything about holsters because I'm generally pretty bored with the whole issue. Usually I think a revolver holster is just a "bucket to carry the dang thing with".

I already own a couple of Galco leather shoulder holsters that I picked up used at gun shows, back when I still used to go, and I have to admit that I really like them, but when I found out what the dang things cost new I decided "I'd NEVER pay that much for a bucket".

Well... My opinions just changed!!!

I went to see my FFL dealer yesterday and he gave me a Galco brochure and this is what was on the cover. (see links below)

I really want one bad but I don’t see where Galco makes it for the 4”…

Here it is on Galco’s website….
http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterG3.asp?ProductID=3042&GunID=321

Click on the “More Pictures” link just below the picture for some great photos.
Or click here… http://www.usgalco.com/ViewMorePic.asp?ProductSKU=KK172H

I've emailed Galco to see if they have or are planning a 4" model but I bet the answer will be no...

Note... "The optional Kodiak Holster Bandolier may be purchased separately." What this means is that the nifty shell holder on the front of the holster is even more money... But it's only money ($49.95)... Right?

Midway lists this stuff but it's a 30 day special order and you save a few measly bucks... Anybody know where to get Galco Stuff at a good discount and no long waits?

Note also that they make it for other revolvers but the only ones that have the caliber logo is the 500 S&W (Sissies Need NOT Apply!!!)

$bob$

Re: Galco Kodiak Holster for S&W 500... Gotta Get IT!! [Re: LDHunter] #20398 05/30/2007 9:42 AM
LDHunter Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Oops.... I just noticed a sticker on the Galco brochure that mentions www.impactguns.com and they offer it with good prices and free shipping....

Use their search engine to find "Galco Kodiak" and you're there.

$bob$

Re: Galco Kodiak Holster for S&W 500... Gotta Get IT!! [Re: LDHunter] #20399 05/30/2007 5:19 PM
LDHunter Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I just got an email back from Galco and here's the gist of it...

"We would need to shorten the 5” DAO Holster to 4” for you, there is a $50.00 ‘custom fee’ associated. Custom items take 6-8 weeks to complete, must be prepaid by check or money order (we don’t accept charge cards on custom items), and are ineligible for return or exchange. Please let us know if you are interested in pursuing a custom order and we will provide more details."

Ouch!!!

$bob$

Re: Galco Kodiak Holster for S&W 500... Gotta Get IT!! [Re: LDHunter] #20400 05/31/2007 1:51 AM
s4s4u Offline
Shootist
Shootist
Would it be a problem to have an inch of free space and just use the 5"er? Don't seem worth the trouble. Most of my rigs are the opposite, I get 'em short and let the steel hang but I don't have any shorties tho.

Rod, too.

Short cuts often lead to long recoveries.
Re: Galco Kodiak Holster for S&W 500... Gotta Get IT!! [Re: s4s4u] #20401 05/31/2007 9:16 AM
LDHunter Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
It seems that Galco is a bit confused... Depending on who I talk to there...

Anyway... It NOW appears that they make a 4" holster so I can get one of those without the custom upcharge but I can't get the grizzly on it or the bandolier for some reason that's not very clear to me.

I'm thinking I'm just gonna pass...

The

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 114 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod