Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
New Magazine #21294 09/14/2007 1:05 AM
leadbutt Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Any one received the new issue yet???? Is it even out yet????

Re: New Magazine [Re: leadbutt] #21300 09/14/2007 10:03 AM
steveus Offline
stranger
stranger
Haven't gotten mine, guess it hasn't shipped yet. I'm sure it will be worth the wait. I just subscribed several months ago for all three, got the 2 back issues right away. Hope the wait is not much longer.

Please join the NRA!!!
Re: New Magazine [Re: leadbutt] #21302 09/14/2007 1:51 PM
MIHunter Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
This question has been asked several times with no response from Gary. I sent my money in shortly after the second issue came out. I won't do that again. I'll wait until its ready to ship if there is another issue. Right now I have my doubts that we'll ever see the Fall 2006 issue.

Re: New Magazine [Re: MIHunter] #21303 09/14/2007 4:51 PM
gasixgunner Offline
journeyman
journeyman
I've called the number listed and got an answering machine. Left a message for Gary to at least let us know what is going on. Got no response. I have also left numerous emails. It sure is looking like all those that paid in advance have probably been screwed over. If he is still selling back issues he should at least try to give us our money back. Gary had a post on something about a month ago. Maybe somebody near Stafford, Va. should look him up. To bad a fellow Handgunner pulled one over on us.

Re: New Magazine [Re: gasixgunner] #21304 09/14/2007 5:00 PM
Vance in AK. Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I don't think anyone will get "screwed over" (other than getting what they paid for WAY LATE) & I don't think Gary "Pulled one over on us". If he had this site would surely be gone.
My thoughts are that Gary has run up against more trouble. I have no doubt we will get our magazines & they will be top drawer quality, but I surely don't know when.
I may be wrong, but I think Gary is the kind of guy that will sell his car to make this happen so he can deliver (maybe that's what's happening right now). I believe he actually lost money on the 1st two issues & doubt he's making it up on this one.

I for one will be willing to send him the $10 or $12 bucks for the next one (if he wants to try another annual)as an investment hoping it will finally get to the point where it will be at least self sustaining at bi-annual or as a quaterly as soon as I get this one. We handgun hunters need a quality publication like this.

Like you guys I sure wish Gary would do a better job of communicating (how many times has my wife said that about me.... this week alone....) so we wouldn't have to be having this discussion.

Take heart in the fact that thos that have known him the longest (higher post counts) are worried the least (although equealy disappointed).

I am waiting with eager anticipation.
Semi-patiently....

Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."
Re: New Magazine [Re: Vance in AK.] #21305 09/14/2007 5:15 PM
gasixgunner Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Vance, I too wanted to be optimistic, but after all the emails and phone calls you would think we would get something. It would only take Gary a minute to respond here so we would all know whats going on. You would think a fellow handgunner who has had our money for over a year could offer something. I know it is only $13 bucks but it is the principle. Something close to this happened over on sixgunner.com where many people paid for holsters and didn't get them. Then all of a sudden the site was gone.

Re: New Magazine [Re: gasixgunner] #21313 09/15/2007 12:29 AM
JD HHI 6092 Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
I know Gary personally and I never would think Gary screwed anyone over. I used to live close to him and went to the range several times with him. I just think he ran into some problems with the publication. I'm sure we will get it.

You can say that you support the troops all you want, but your actions speak louder than your words.

MSgt, USAF, (Ret)
Re: New Magazine [Re: leadbutt] #21323 09/15/2007 12:13 PM
geo01 Offline
journeyman
journeyman
I have to agree with Vances comment. I have had issues with getting hold of the two original magazines and on contacting Gary by phone as well as by e-mail it seemed that nothing was too great a deal for him to rectify and this was before I had even joined the forum. I also agree with the fact that some sort of update would be helpful but I don't feel like I have done myself out of cash as I am sure that the magazine will arrive.

Re: New Magazine [Re: geo01] #21326 09/15/2007 2:04 PM
KYODE Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
i don't think gary is the type to "pull one over". i would guess him n dan are possibly extremely busy.

Kentucky….no place like home.
Re: New Magazine [Re: Vance in AK.] #21329 09/15/2007 2:57 PM
pab1 Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
I agree Vance, I paid for the Fall '06 issue early to help fund the project and would pay for the next issue now if asked. If the magazine did not come out, I don't feel it would be due to a lack of hard work by Gary. With the quality of the last two issues I don't mind risking a few bucks to help keep it going.

Experience is the best teacher, hunger good sauce.
Osborne Russell Journal of a Trapper

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 50 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod