Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Wife scores on a doe #23266 12/24/2007 3:52 PM
Bama Offline OP
OP Offline
Well it seems I have created a monster. My wife and I went hunting yesterday afternoon. She wanted to shoot my 7-30waters so I took the .308 Encore. She has shot handguns with me all summer and shot the 7-30 a couple of weeks ago when we were sighting the guns in and just plinking. We are lucky enough to hunt almost 1,000 acres of land through out central Alabama. My friends family owns it. All September and October it was just my wife, my friend, and I on the tractor planting food plots clearing roads, etc. I have been busy at work and chasing ducks out of state so I finally figure it is time to go deer hunting. Our season runs through the end of January, peak of rut is a month away still. Anyway my firnd and I checked the game cameras yesterday and waited for my wife to come out and go hunting.

When she got there she asked if I had got her rifle out of the safe before I left and I said , "I forgot". She didn't want to take the gun to the mall when she went Christmas shopping. She was going to borrow my friends when I said shoot the pistol. She OK. So we put her in a shooting house witht the furthest shot 80 yards. Window frames to use as a rest. I dropped her off and went and climbed into a tripod stand for the evening hunt. At 4:43 I heard the whop bang. I knew she had connected. About 10 min later I heard my friends daughter shoot on another piece of property. I had 4 deer come out at dark, too dark to find in a handgun scope. I went to check on my wife. She said why did you come in, I was going to shoot another doe just before you got here (2 deer leagal in Alabama).The bad boy buggy is awsome I drove into the small food plot with deer in it and they didn't run until I spoke to my wife. Oh well I apologized and asked where was the deer. She said the doe did a donky kick and jumped straight in the air before it took off. I looked and looked and could not find any blood. I finally asked her what way was it facing. She said twards me. I explaned she wasn't shooting the cannon of the rifle she shoots and that wasn't the best shot in the world with balisatic tips. I knew no blood trail. It took me about 30 min to find her doe. The little bullet did a number on the boiler room. We drove to the barn and I drank a Mt. Dew with my friend while my wife and his 10 year old daughter cleaned their deer. We just sat back and chuckeled.

I think I may need another handgun now. LOL

If I was Better I'd be twins Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005
Re: Wife scores on a doe [Re: Bama] #23268 12/24/2007 4:13 PM
Rick Offline
addict
addict
Congratulations to your wife and friend's daughter on their successful hunts. It is good to see women and children involved in hunting and shooting. Sounds like your wife knows her way around a handgun.

Re: Wife scores on a doe [Re: Rick] #23270 12/24/2007 4:17 PM
Tigger Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
COOL!! Tell them congrats for me.

NRA Life Member

** NEVER! Moon a Werewolf!!**

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 122 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod