Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Oh look our Governor vetoed pro-gun bills #26589 03/04/2008 8:20 PM
Gary Offline OP
Distinguished Master
OP Offline
Distinguished Master
Gov. Kaine (I'll give you one guess which party he's from) vetoed two gun bills. I'm really getting sick of this BS.

You can't wait any longer. Join the NRA and start writing your Congressmen and Senators.
Re: Oh look our Governor vetoed pro-gun bills [Re: Gary] #26590 03/04/2008 8:38 PM
TJCMO Offline
Gary, it is going to get MUCH worse in the next year. As soon as the Dummocrats take back the White House, look out. The next ploy they are going to attempt is the bullet and case micro stamping. That will effectively put the ammo manufacturers out of business, and even if some do survive, imagine paying $100.00+ for a box of ammo. We all better hope Shrillary gets the nomination. If she runs against McCain, he can win. If it is Obama, McCain will get slaughtered. Pretty bleak outlook for gun owners right now.

Re: Oh look our Governor vetoed pro-gun bills [Re: TJCMO] #26593 03/04/2008 9:33 PM
Gary Offline OP
Distinguished Master
OP Offline
Distinguished Master
I agree. Makes me want to run out and buy some assault weapons before I can't...

You can't wait any longer. Join the NRA and start writing your Congressmen and Senators.
Re: Oh look our Governor vetoed pro-gun bills [Re: Gary] #26594 03/04/2008 9:45 PM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
the only good news is that now the media is finally starting to air some of osamas dirty laundry it might be enough to keep him out. I was watching the primary coverage this morning and I noticed some of the polls were already changing, seems some people didn't like his little secret meeting with the canadians. He's got some explaining to do, it's just a matter of his opponents capitalizing on it and holding his feet to the fire.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist

Re: Oh look our Governor vetoed pro-gun bills [Re: Gary] #26595 03/04/2008 9:48 PM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
 Originally Posted By: Gary
I agree. Makes me want to run out and buy some assault weapons before I can't...

thats why I've been looking up instructions on making black powder. I figure I can always find the ingredients for that and you can always find lead to melt down into balls, only thing I havn't figured out is percussion caps, might have to go to flintlock.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist

Re: Oh look our Governor vetoed pro-gun bills [Re: wapitirod] #26597 03/04/2008 10:29 PM
TCTex. Offline
Shootist
Shootist
Well, I guess it is more important than ever to make your voice heard with your rep. To many people don’t!!

Rod, I have a black powder pistol for sale if you want one LOL

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb
Benjamin Franklin
Re: Oh look our Governor vetoed pro-gun bills [Re: TCTex.] #26606 03/05/2008 1:34 AM
Revolver Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
Assault Weapons? what are those??? (I live in CA.) LOL

whats with so many people being against guns these days?
I already want to move out of state so I can buy some of the "big boy toys", and then ammo went up, next micro-stamping in CA, seriously this anti-gun BS is gone way to far. I think what we need is a good ol' civil war to take back our rights and freedom that are infringed on as we speak.

It seems these days politicians are in a race with each other on who can take away our arms first. and this is stupid, becasue its all about the criminals that commit homicide or other crimes involving a gun, theyre only a fraction of a percentage of the amount of arms bearing citizens, so its ridiculous they want to punish the law abiding citizens that do own arms.

I have more guns than I need, but not nearly as many as I want...
Re: Oh look our Governor vetoed pro-gun bills [Re: Revolver] #26607 03/05/2008 1:38 AM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
 Originally Posted By: Revolver
I think what we need is a good ol' civil war to take back our rights and freedom that are infringed on as we speak.

I couldn't agree more, where do I sign up General Revolver sir? I was thinking about moving to Alaska and trying to get the seccession movement started again.

Last edited by wapitirod; 03/05/2008 1:50 AM.

Re: Oh look our Governor vetoed pro-gun bills [Re: Revolver] #26608 03/05/2008 1:45 AM
rupe Offline
veteran
veteran
You are so right REVOLVER it is just stupid to take the guns from us law abiding citizens. It comes down to only outlaws with have guns. They just don't get it, what is so stinking hard about figuring that out. They can close down all the legal selling of guns and the bad guys are going to smuggle them into the country. It will become a huge business and the politician and the anti-gunners just don't get it. Look at our Aussie friends. Their crime went up 500% as soon as they took the law abiding citizens guns away. WAKE UP you people!

SBH Hunter 44mag
Ore. Chpt 4x4him.org
If you don't like logging try using plastic toilet paper
<><
Re: Oh look our Governor vetoed pro-gun bills [Re: rupe] #26617 03/05/2008 10:18 AM
Revolver Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah, and only the Criminals who illegally posses arms, will be the only ones left with them, then they will do as they please.

Re: Oh look our Governor vetoed pro-gun bills [Re: wapitirod] #26618 03/05/2008 10:30 AM
Revolver Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
 Originally Posted By: wapitirod
 Originally Posted By: Revolver
I think what we need is a good ol' civil war to take back our rights and freedom that are infringed on as we speak.

I couldn't agree more, where do I sign up General Revolver sir? I was thinking about moving to Alaska and trying to get the seccession movement started again.

I wish it was only that easy, but in America there are too many stupid people that elect politicians who sign bills they do not fully understand, or try to take away our rights, because they have no first hand experience on (ie) why a 50BMG wouldnt be the ideal tool of choice if somebody was planning on offing somebody from a distance, or how micro-stamping, is useless on new guns, because there are plenty of criminals out there already with guns thats do not micro stamp, or how us law abiding citizens legally acquire our arms, so they probably look at the statistics saying this year X amount of people bought guns, Y amount of people committed crimes using a firearm, so it must have been the people that lawfully bought their weapon, not one that somebody got off the street that was illegally imported.

its funny how people keep getting shot with AK's and such in CA, when none are sold, transfered, or imported, not to mention LEGALLY OWNED.

Last edited by Revolver; 03/05/2008 10:31 AM.

Re: Oh look our Governor vetoed pro-gun bills [Re: Revolver] #26623 03/05/2008 2:03 PM
Gary Offline OP
Distinguished Master
OP Offline
Distinguished Master
Don't think for a moment that all of us wouldn't have to turn in non-stamped ammo or dispose of it and/or turn in our guns that aren't properly equipped.

Re: Oh look our Governor vetoed pro-gun bills [Re: rupe] #26624 03/05/2008 2:03 PM
bisleyfan44 Offline
veteran
veteran
 Originally Posted By: rupe
They just don't get it, what is so stinking hard about figuring that out. the politician and the anti-gunners just don't get it.

rupe, I used to be one who thought exactly like you do. Now, on the contrary, I do think they get it. They know exactly what they're doing and they're doing it on purpose. It ain't about gun bans "supposedly" cutting crime in their eyes. In their eyes it's about control. An unarmed law-abiding populace w/o the means of self defense, in their opinion, is now going to have to rely on GOVERNMENT for their protection. And thus sacrifice certain liberties in order for govt to be able to do it.

Democrats, in general, and liberals, in particular, are ardent proponents of "nanny-state" policies. The people are "too dumb, stupid, uneducated, unprepared, unqualified, unable, etc to take care of themselves" so in rides BIG GOVT to save the day and make you live your life how they think you should. BIG GOVT will take care of you. We know what's best for you and you must do as we say.

You name it.....gun control, global warming, higher taxes, public education, medicare, welfare, health care, what eco-junk car you must buy, what stupid curly light bulb you must use, etc, etc. You name it, the liberals want to tell you what to do and how to live your life.

Wake up; it's not about crime or guns.....it never was. It's always been about control. And there's only one way they can have absolute control....no resistance.
NO GUNS= NO RESISTANCE!

I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a handgun today.
Re: Oh look our Governor vetoed pro-gun bills [Re: Revolver] #26625 03/05/2008 2:04 PM
kingfisher Offline
addict
addict
The democratic commies will get my gun when they pull it from cold, lifeless right finger. That's a promise.

Re: Oh look our Governor vetoed pro-gun bills [Re: kingfisher] #26626 03/05/2008 2:42 PM
rupe Offline
veteran
veteran
 Originally Posted By: kingfisher
The democratic commies will get my gun when they pull it from cold, lifeless right finger. That's a promise.

X2 They aren't getting mine.

SBH Hunter 44mag
Ore. Chpt 4x4him.org
If you don't like logging try using plastic toilet paper
<><
Re: Oh look our Governor vetoed pro-gun bills [Re: rupe] #26627 03/05/2008 5:20 PM
TCTex. Offline
Shootist
Shootist
I may have to start learning how to cast bullets for my modern rifles as well as my blackpowder ones. I have a friend that has shoot nothing but cast bullets for over 30 years.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb
Benjamin Franklin
Re: Oh look our Governor vetoed pro-gun bills [Re: TCTex.] #26631 03/05/2008 9:02 PM
Sawfish Offline
veteran
veteran
"When guns are outlawed, only outlaws (and politicians) will have guns"

Good Shooting Makes Good Hunting
Patron Member NRA;
Life Member RMEF, SCI, NSRPA, CRPA: Member, FTRF, HHI #7108, CBA
Re: Oh look our Governor vetoed pro-gun bills [Re: rupe] #26659 03/06/2008 6:31 AM
Revolver Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
 Originally Posted By: rupe
 Originally Posted By: kingfisher

X2 They aren't getting mine.

sounds like we better stock up on defense ammo then.

Re: Oh look our Governor vetoed pro-gun bills [Re: Revolver] #26728 03/07/2008 7:52 PM
Feldhege Offline
Those who would be willing to give up some of their freedoms for some sense of security deserve neither.

Re: Oh look our Governor vetoed pro-gun bills [Re: Feldhege] #26750 03/08/2008 5:19 AM
pab1 Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
 Originally Posted By: Feldhege
Those who would be willing to give up some of their freedoms for some sense of security deserve neither.

That reminds me of this quote:
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

~ John Stuart Mill (1806 - 1873)

Experience is the best teacher, hunger good sauce.
Osborne Russell Journal of a Trapper

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 74 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod