Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
dont order from lock stock & Barrel!!! #29723 05/31/2008 2:55 PM
slavage Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
i have never had an issue as i did with lock..stock&barrel..
i made a order on march 21 for a few things.. after looking at ther site for 3 weeks they had a dies for 4.95 i ordered 3 of them along with a lee cutter and 3 jaw chuck for a total of 38.90... after two weeks no sign or hair of it.. called 10 times no contact... emailed them and no responce... may 21 got an email from them saying its ready to ship and ther was a some discrepencies on the prices i emailed them back saying i ordered it at that price and after 2 months if you cant give it to me at the price i ordered it from cancle the order..your company seams to be at a great lose and should look for better help cause ther are many issues your people are having
here today a box shows up and bills me 152.90 to my card I call them up and they are like um uhh ok ok um yeah ok just send it back and we will send you a refund.. it should take 2-3 weeks to get you your money back….i told them sence its here I wish to get the items for what the price was when I placed the order.. no sorry we cant do that you can either keep them at that price or send them back for a full refund

My god I have never delt with a company that is so messed up as this one
And never again would I ever think of ordering some thing from them

Heres a copy of the first order I made

Billing Address
David Jarasiewicz
NA
16 Kosciusko Way
Pittsburgh, PA 15203 United States
slavage@bigfoot.com
Shipping Address
Same as Billing

Qty Description Total
3 RCBS 454 CASULL CARBIDE ROLL CRIMP DIE SET (In Stock)
Item :RCB23212 Price : $4.95
$14.85
1 LEE 3 JAW CHUCK (In Stock)
Item :LEE90608 Price : $11.75
$11.75
1 LEE CUTTER W/ BALL GRIP (Out of Stock)
Item :LEE90275 Price : $4.35
$4.35
Subtotal: $30.95
(National,State and Local taxes) Tax: $0.00
(FIRST CLASS/PRIORITY MAIL VIA U.S. MAIL) Shipping: $7.95

TOTAL: $38.90

Heres the only contact they had with me sence I placed the order

slavage@bigfoot.com

Subject : Your order

Date : Thu, May 22, 2008 12:13 PM

Dear David,
Your order that you placed on out website on 3/21/08 is ready to
leave. However, there may have been some discrepencies on the prices.
We are sending the following:

LEE90275 Lee cutter w/ ball grip $4.35
LEE90608 Lee 3 Jaw Chuck $11.75
RCB23212 RCBS 454 Casull Carbide Roll Crimp Die Sets 3 @ $40.95

The total for the order is $138.95 plus shipping. Please confirm and we
will get your order out to you.

Thank you!
LS&B

Some one please explane to me how can some one stay in bussness with practices like this… I walk in to a store the item is marked 4$ I get it for the marked price… ther web site was marked at my first price for over 3 weeks…

So im sorry to say they lost a good customer and ill make sure I tell any one I ever talk to how bad ther company is…
Dave

Re: dont order from lock stock & Barrel!!! [Re: slavage] #29731 05/31/2008 7:39 PM
Raf Offline
journeyman
journeyman
I have used a lot of mail order houses and never have I experienced such garbage. I would make sure you pass this around to all the gun forums that you use and let them have it. This has got to be the worst I have ever heard about. Make sure you tell it like it is and don't embelish it any. Then they can't say you are lying and giving false statements.

Sorry for your inconvience, hang in there pal.

Just Another Voice in the Crowd!
Re: dont order from lock stock & Barrel!!! [Re: Raf] #29743 06/01/2008 2:05 AM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
I'd call your card company also, just in case they forget the owe you a refund.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist

Re: dont order from lock stock & Barrel!!! [Re: wapitirod] #29758 06/01/2008 9:26 PM
TCTex. Offline
Shootist
Shootist
Advertised price is advertised price. If they were smart they should have just stated that it was out of stock and they didn’t see and end in sight. But, they didn’t handle it very well at all!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb
Benjamin Franklin
Re: dont order from lock stock & Barrel!!! [Re: TCTex.] #29773 06/02/2008 7:12 PM
rupe Offline
veteran
veteran
I agree with everyone else. Let everyone know and make sure you get your money back. Sorry you are having a problem.

After reading all the posts below and going to the other sites, I think I will hold off on making any decissions on the business. I would get my money back and just chocked it up as a bad day.

Last edited by rupe; 06/03/2008 10:05 PM. Reason: I jumped to conclutions before investigation was complete. Yep I assumed!

SBH Hunter 44mag
Ore. Chpt 4x4him.org
If you don't like logging try using plastic toilet paper
<><
Re: dont order from lock stock & Barrel!!! [Re: rupe] #29775 06/02/2008 7:53 PM
KYODE Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
i've bought from lock stock n barrel a couple times, n would so so again. they have a great selection imo, and some hard to find items already in stock.
i would be suspicious to start with and not expect to get a die set for $4.95. a simple call would verify the ads accuracy.

jmo....sorry.

Kentucky….no place like home.
Re: dont order from lock stock & Barrel!!! [Re: KYODE] #29780 06/03/2008 2:30 AM
jamesfromjersey Offline
Shootist
Shootist
Thats a damm shame...... sorry for your problems but thanks for the heads-up.....James

Life member-NRA-SCI
Member-HHI #2900-HHASA #067
Colt-Ruger-Freedom Arms-and S&W Collector Assoc.s
"I have more guns then I need but not as many as I want" "Handgun hunters HAVE to be good"
Re: dont order from lock stock & Barrel!!! [Re: jamesfromjersey] #29792 06/03/2008 11:40 AM
Grunter Offline
stranger
stranger
I would contact them and give them a chance to make it right before bashing the bejesus out of them publicly.

Could be just an error and most places are eager to correct the problem.

My 2 cents

Re: dont order from lock stock & Barrel!!! [Re: Grunter] #29794 06/03/2008 12:04 PM
Raf Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Grunter, he did that and they blew him off:

" after two weeks no sign or hair of it.. called 10 times no contact... emailed them and no responce..."

"I called them up and they are like um uhh ok ok um yeah ok just send it back and we will send you a refund.. it should take 2-3 weeks to get you your money back….i told them sence its here I wish to get the items for what the price was when I placed the order.. no sorry we cant do that you can either keep them at that price or send them back for a full refund"

If this statement iscorrect, I think he did just that!

Re: dont order from lock stock & Barrel!!! [Re: Raf] #29795 06/03/2008 12:55 PM
KYODE Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
a new RCBS die set for $4.95?....

the time lapse is bad, i agree, but i don't buy die sets for that kinnda $, or expect an ad to be honored for a misprint/typo myself. if they did, sure it would be great, but i don't expect it.

i've dealt with LSB on bulk bullets, dies etc, and they were top notch to deal with. there are two sides to every coin.

what about a toll free phone call?.... http://www.lockstock.com/

Re: dont order from lock stock & Barrel!!! [Re: KYODE] #29797 06/03/2008 1:59 PM
slavage Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
the big issue im having with them is not the pice of the dies.. its a screw up i can take that one... i placed the order and dident have any contack from them for over two months...
then they sent me an email saying ther was a price discrepency.. i emailed them back saying i dident want it any more at that price.. a week later it shows up at the house..
i placed the order on march 21 and dident get any kinds of contact from them till may 22 when they sent me the email saying thers a issue with price and i should respond to ther email about it and i did saying that i dident want it.. i even copyed the origanal order and sent it with the email sayif i dont want it unless its at this cost

and again with the dies.. i wasent expecting a full set of dies i thought it was just a crimp die thats why i got 3 instead of 1 the shipping cost was the same
so it takes two months for them to contact me about any thing and
all most three months to ship it.. at that long of a time i should expect all the prices would change heck around here gas was 1 a gallon different in that time..
and even if i was a little upset at ther die price.. its an advertised price it was up ther at that price for more than a month not a week or a day at that price.. if you would walk in and ther was any thing on a shelf that was marked at that price and you walk to the cash it and they said it was a different price who in here would not say im sorry the price is marked this over ther with the rest of them and would expect to get the price that it was marked... again ok it was a mistake on ther end but to act like nothing was wrong about it is total BS
when i called and talked to the guy he never once said it was a mix up or any thing he was tryen to get off the phone as fast as he could.. he dident try to make things right at all
i work in a retail sporting goods store the last 8 years i would never on my worst day handle a customer issue like the way they did i would put ther company up ther with the ranks of wallmart
i work for dicks sporting goods and they dont sell reloading equipment and around here its hard to find a store that dose
and guys are all ways asking me about it and i give them a little insite on the subject and when the store dosent sell an item ther looking for i say well thers midway and midsouth and i try to stay a way from midway cause of ther shipping is out of this world at a point i tell people at least 20-30 times a week about differnt places to get stuff.. ill make sure every time ill tell them not to go to lock stock & barrel

Re: dont order from lock stock & Barrel!!! [Re: slavage] #29801 06/03/2008 5:50 PM
KYODE Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
 Quote:
i placed the order and dident have any contack from them for over two months...

again....a toll free phone call woulda been in order imo, which would also serve to confirm price, verify stock, and what you were actually getting. i wouldn't have waited 2 months to be asking why i didn't get my stuff.

Quote:
i thought it was just a crimp die

you didn't know what you were buying.....n blame them?

not trying to give you a hard time dave, just stating my opinion as have you, and understand/look at things differently i guess.

Re: dont order from lock stock & Barrel!!! [Re: KYODE] #29802 06/03/2008 6:50 PM
KYODE Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
http://www.ihmsa.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3406#post3406

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/6mmbr/vpost?id=2747453

looks like there are more people out there that think similar, at least 4 forums worth. LSB has been in business a long time, and one post likely won't change a lot of peoples minds it seems.

Re: dont order from lock stock & Barrel!!! [Re: KYODE] #29817 06/04/2008 11:12 AM
Raf Offline
journeyman
journeyman
I wish people would read the posts in this thread.

He said he called!!!

Re: dont order from lock stock & Barrel!!! [Re: slavage] #29821 06/04/2008 12:36 PM
JD HHI 6092 Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
Have you tried calling them?

All kidding aside, I've ordered from them in the past with no issues and will order from them. Some people make mistakes. I've had business' screw up, a lot, but it never kept me from buying from them again.

You can say that you support the troops all you want, but your actions speak louder than your words.

MSgt, USAF, (Ret)
Re: dont order from lock stock & Barrel!!! [Re: slavage] #29823 06/04/2008 3:32 PM
bisleyfan44 Offline
veteran
veteran
 Originally Posted By: slavage

Heres a copy of the first order I made

Qty Description Total
3 RCBS 454 CASULL CARBIDE ROLL CRIMP DIE SET (In Stock)
Item :RCB23212 Price : $4.95
$14.85

Contrary to what you say, my print LSB catalog clearly lists RCB23212 as a 3 die set (as does the above invoice) so you must have known it because even after you recd the order you noticed they were 3 die sets and still wanted them to honor an obviously mis-printed price. My opinion only is that maybe you thought you could extort them to honor the wrong price and turn around and profit off the other 2 sets (why else would anyone order three sets of dies; one set will last forever with care).

Originally Posted By: slavage

ther web site was marked at my first price for over 3 weeks…

Their site obviously had a misprint price and you were probably the first to order the dies and that's when they noticed the price was incorrect and they notified you of it. You say in your first post "2 weeks and 10 calls w/ no response". I'm sorry, I can't believe that you called them 10 times and no one answered either time (unless you called when they were closed; they are only open Mon-Fri 8A-6P). You later say in the post at the top of this page that 2 months went by with no response. I don't know what the deal is.

Bottom line is that they had a misprint price on an item and for you to try to force the issue and make them sell the stuff at that price is just...sad. And then to rip them publicly for doing the right thing (accept the order as is, or return for refund) is shameless IMO and the wrong thing to do. I would never expect them to sell me $40.95 die sets for $4.95 each. If I were LSB, I'd stand firm with the current options given and if you decided to take your business somewhere else, so be it. One less person trying to rip me off in the future.

raf,
Just a bit of advice, you may want to spend a little more time and get to know the regular posters here and the context and history of those posters before you jump in and start causing a bunch of waves as an uninformed newbie. In your short time here, you've managed to call out TCMan and Kyode (probably others) on unfounded reasons and with no knowledge of these guys at all. I don't know what other forums you belong to, but this ain't Graybeards and we intend on keeping it that way. Most here consider this site as a kind of family and enjoy it as such.

I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a handgun today.
Re: dont order from lock stock & Barrel!!! [Re: bisleyfan44] #29825 06/04/2008 5:36 PM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
Beyond the general comment I made in the beginning of this post about contacting his card company I'm not going any farther on this. I have seen a pattern on the links Kyode put up and on here that I don't like. We have all had problems with a business of one type or another at one time or another and we have all gone off to one extent or another and it's probably a fair bet that most of us have said or done things regarding these situations that we regret. Point is it sounds like the deal with slavage was probably more the exception than the rule and he probably could have done some things differently to have avoided the issues and maybe the company could have also. None of us were there and there are two sides to every story but that is no reason to hammer a guy for venting out of frustration, as to whether or not that frustration was caused by himself or the company we weren't there so we really can't say for 100%, any given business can have employees that have bad days or make mistakes just as one of us as a customer can. I find it disturbing that when our sport and right to bear arms is threatened we would stoop to bashing each other to the extent I saw on the link Kyode posted. I saw the same thing here with the individual that wanted a refund from Gary, he had a right to his opinion whether we liked it or not and my guess is that almost all of us at one point were really wondering about the money we sent in for the magazine, most of us weren't worried about it because we figured the website alone was worth what we had paid but no one had the right to lay into that guy the way they did. Our sport is screwed because as normal there is more internal bashing going on than a concerted effort to fight the people that really pose a threat.
Rod

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist

Re: dont order from lock stock & Barrel!!! [Re: wapitirod] #29827 06/04/2008 7:04 PM
rupe Offline
veteran
veteran
Three Cheers for Wapitirod!!

SBH Hunter 44mag
Ore. Chpt 4x4him.org
If you don't like logging try using plastic toilet paper
<><
Re: dont order from lock stock & Barrel!!! [Re: wapitirod] #29828 06/04/2008 7:16 PM
KYODE Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
10-4 rod....people get a lil carried away fer sure. no sense in hackin on a long standing reputable company OR yer buddies. my intent was offering another opinion, and showing that it would be a rather popular one.
one lil post does little to correct an ill with a reputable company with good services(most of the time, for most people i suppose). the issue is with LSB....opening up a public slamfest for everyone can snowball pretty quickly. once posted to public, everyone has a right to express their view.

it absolutely does nothing to deter me from ordering there again, if i need something. a trail of bad dealings would....but that has never been the case....that i've heard of anyway.

relax dave.....n deal with LSB directly....that is jmo.

Re: dont order from lock stock & Barrel!!! [Re: pahandgunhunter] #29831 06/04/2008 11:00 PM
wapitirod Offline
Shootist
Shootist
I think the main point I wanted to make is that we need have show each other respect because the anti gun people sure aren't and when I start seeing a split in our ranks by something so trivial it bothers me. I've never personally dealt with that company so I can't offer a valid opinion of them but the point is that those of you that like them will continue to shop with them and slavage won't but he doesn't need to be thrashed on for venting frustrations. Those of us that have been here the longest know that this is more than just a web page most of us would call each other friends and you don't treat your friends with hostility, save that for the real fight we have. I know I've said things on here that some guys didn't agree with and vice versa but I have never taken that kind of abuse nor would I give it. I can say for sure if I was new to a site and saw that kind of stuff going on I'd bail instantly, we've had a good thing here and I think we should try to keep it that way. As handgun hunters we are already in the minority of the hunting community and we don't need to be alienating people. I'll get off the soap box now.

Re: dont order from lock stock & Barrel!!! [Re: wapitirod] #29832 06/04/2008 11:21 PM
357 Herrett Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
Well said. Enough said.

Re: dont order from lock stock & Barrel!!! [Re: wapitirod] #29840 06/05/2008 2:43 AM
larry223 Offline
addict
addict
i have to go along with wapitirod, i have not used lsb but if
i needed something and they had it i would. i like this site and
alot of you guys have become like a family.
larry

tc,s 223 35rem 7-30 waters 6.5jdj 375
30/30ai 6mm/223 22lr
encores 7mm-08 308
redhawk 44mag.
Re: dont order from lock stock & Barrel!!! [Re: wapitirod] #29858 06/05/2008 5:08 PM
bisleyfan44 Offline
veteran
veteran
Rod,
I agree with you 100% about none of us being there, but to me it seems to be a pretty clear cut case of trying to get something for nothing. That will do nothing but hinder the business in question from surviving and that's what we need in this industry at this time...thriving businesses.

Our pasttime and our heritage is not being threatened by some petty squabble on a forum nor problem with a company such as LSB. And there will be plenty of will to fight the antis if/when necessary; doesn't mean we all have to get along and see things the same all the time. No "division in the ranks" has occurred because of this problem. And I'm sure you, Dave, and I will be side-by-side fighting for our rights.

IMO and my opinion ONLY there are too many clues that this was someone playing victim who was "wronged" in some made up way to get $45 die sets for $5. They were clearly marked on the 1st invoice "die sets" so claiming to think otherwise is deceptive. The only fault of LSB I see is they should've never shipped the order when (or IF ) they were notified and should promptly send his refund upon return of the goods.

I'm not here to bash Dave; never met or dealt with him. We've both been here a long time and I truly value his input and contributions and consider him one of the "family". I feel sorry for him that he's had this problem Never dealt with LSB either. Just offering my 2 cents worth; nobody has to agree. This just reeks of spilled, hot McDonald's coffee to me.

I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a handgun today.
Re: dont order from lock stock & Barrel!!! [Re: bisleyfan44] #29862 06/05/2008 6:38 PM
KYODE Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
and a ditto/well said to the bisleyfan44.

Re: dont order from lock stock & Barrel!!! [Re: KYODE] #29863 06/05/2008 7:45 PM
Grunter Offline
stranger
stranger
Not to mention he pasted and copied his same tyraid on other forums as well were folks know the owners personaly. Ive got a mind to call LSB myself and get the skinny. I would have never piped up but after reading the same exact slop over at Predator Masters I think its gone a little over the top.

Be He never gets a Christmas Card from them.

Re: dont order from lock stock & Barrel!!! [Re: Grunter] #29864 06/05/2008 8:22 PM
Recoil Offline
addict
addict
I've been reading this post and decided to put my two cents in. I have been doing business with LSB off and on for greater than 10 years. I have never had a problem. My son and I stopped by and visited them on our way to Rosebud Indian Reservation to shoot prairie rats about 14 years ago. If I remember correctly they were just a warehouse setup. I do not think that they were geared up for customer traffic. They were very nice to us and even sold me some things. Good people I thought.

Recoil

Re: dont order from lock stock & Barrel!!! [Re: bisleyfan44] #29865 06/05/2008 9:28 PM
Raf Offline
journeyman
journeyman
 Originally Posted By: bisleyfan44
Rod,
I agree with you 100% about none of us being there(!)

All I stated in this thread was that he stated that he called, but no some kept telling him to just call and you should get this straightened out. I can just see this guy sitting there and wondering what these posters are reading and in what language.

For someone that has admitted he had not done any business with this company and not having any first hand information of this situation, you sure are opinionated. You seem to think the burden of proof should be on his back or it was obvious that he was trying to cheat the company out of some goods. That is very arrogant of you I would think.

Then you call this member on this original thread a liar, and a fraud. Telling us that your are clairvoient by knowing what he was about during his business with LSB. You would not be my idea of a good family member!

And as far as pasting this post on other forums, if that member thought he was wronged he would want to get the word out to other folks about this problem. This is his right, even though I would not go that far myself.

Then you attack me as if I was a some newbie trouble maker, throwing up other threads that I had posted in. I have been a member on other forums and have been doing so for many years. I joined this one because I enjoy handgun hunting and shooting. You got to remember that just because you may have quite a few posts doesn't make you some form of high potentate of this board. It is because of people like yourself that many folks shy away from contributing to our sport on this board. They just don't want to get ambushed for their thoughts!!!

As to this family thing of yours. I have a family and don't need another. I come here for information not a family reunion. I make friends along the way and during my travels. Family I'm stuck with, friends I value. I like the idea of making friends on this forum if possible.

I only wish that people would read these posts before they slam someone. I am sure he can defend himself. All I was trying to do was make it clear that he had called, period!

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 94 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod