Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Some praise for Smith and Wesson #30068 06/14/2008 1:11 AM
Gascheck Offline OP
OP Offline
In the early 80's I bought a Smith 4" model 686 .357 mag as my woods bum around belt gun and home defense piece. It has served me well and has digested thousands of rounds of .38 special and .357 mag ammo. Recently I started having a problem with the cylinder binding due to primers flowing back into the hole in the frame where the firing pin comes through. This occurred with several brands of .357 mag factory ammo. I searched the net and found that S&W had posted a recall and retrofit program for this problem in the late 80's or early 90's. I called S&W customer service and explained the problem. They sent me a postage paid shipping label that included UPS picking the package up at my home. I sent the revolver and had the modified gun back in my hands in about two weeks. I know these guys have taken some heat for service issues and political foo-pahs in the past but it looks like they are cleaning up their act and recommitting themselves to the brand. Congradulations S&W from a very satisfied customer.

Re: Some praise for Smith and Wesson [Re: Gascheck] #30087 06/14/2008 11:27 AM
Tigger Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
In the spring of '07 had a problem with my 500 S&W. I called and talked to a very knowledgeable tech on the phone. He got my address and sent out a prepaid FED-EX label and scheduled a pick up time. In exactly 2 weeks to the day the gun shows up fixed at no charge. I have to agree S&W does stand behind their guns with great service.

NRA Life Member

** NEVER! Moon a Werewolf!!**
Re: Some praise for Smith and Wesson [Re: Tigger] #30103 06/14/2008 7:16 PM
Hawkeye Offline
old hand
old hand
That is great. I had S&W fix one of my Semi Auto's that had a function problem. It was a manf. goof. Had it back in three weeks. I like there guns.

Mike

You don't quit playing because you get old, You get old because you quit playing.

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 110 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod