Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Competitor Corp. #30252 06/18/2008 1:57 AM
SwitchMan Offline OP
OP Offline
I was curious if anyone had experience with handguns from this company. good an bad.

Ive been eyeballing them for quite some time, and they seem like fine handguns. But I can never seem to find one to check out. The closest Ive ever gotten to one of those is probably an occasional photograph.

I certainly dont want to spend money on a firearm that I know nothing about.

Re: Competitor Corp. [Re: SwitchMan] #30258 06/18/2008 3:29 AM
greenhornet Offline
stranger
stranger
switchman, i've got one in 45/70 and it shoots great. i got mine off gunbroker new in the box. have you seen how long you have to wait for one of these guns? take a look at there website,i think they are about a year behind.

dying ain't much of a livin boy
Re: Competitor Corp. [Re: SwitchMan] #30266 06/18/2008 12:51 PM
s4s4u Offline
Shootist
Shootist
Mine is in .308 Winny and it is a great shootin' piece. The trigger is sweet and fully adjustable, I'm at 1-3/4#. It handles like a handgun due to the grip location, as opposed to the front heavy Encore. I also have an XP and Striker and the Competitor lacks nothing to them. Barrels are interchangeable, but it is easier if you stay within the same case family so you can use the same ejector.

As said, their waiting list is about 13 months now but if you are going with a "stock" confuguration you may see one a little quicker. Can't hurt to give 'em a shout, although it may take a few tries to get through to someone as they are busy.
I haven't been using mine much these days as my revolvers have been talking to me. If you might be interested in a slightly used Competitor shoot me a PM, I may be able to be talked out of it. I feel the need for a custom Bisley in .480.

Rod, too.

Short cuts often lead to long recoveries.
Re: Competitor Corp. [Re: s4s4u] #30273 06/18/2008 5:52 PM
SwitchMan Offline OP
OP Offline
 Originally Posted By: s4s4u
Mine is in .308 Winny and it is a great shootin' piece. The trigger is sweet and fully adjustable, I'm at 1-3/4#. It handles like a handgun due to the grip location, as opposed to the front heavy Encore. I also have an XP and Striker and the Competitor lacks nothing to them. Barrels are interchangeable, but it is easier if you stay within the same case family so you can use the same ejector.

As said, their waiting list is about 13 months now but if you are going with a "stock" confuguration you may see one a little quicker. Can't hurt to give 'em a shout, although it may take a few tries to get through to someone as they are busy.
I haven't been using mine much these days as my revolvers have been talking to me. If you might be interested in a slightly used Competitor shoot me a PM, I may be able to be talked out of it. I feel the need for a custom Bisley in .480.

Thats awesome, nice pic too. What barrel length is is that one pictured with? Im trying to get an idea of overall size and weight - again, since I cant seem to find one anywhere taht I can check out and handle.

Re: Competitor Corp. [Re: s4s4u] #30275 06/18/2008 8:26 PM
SwitchMan Offline OP
OP Offline
 Originally Posted By: s4s4u
If you might be interested in a slightly used Competitor shoot me a PM, I may be able to be talked out of it. I feel the need for a custom Bisley in .480.

Yeah you bet. I dont mind a used one at all. Unfortunately, I wont be ina position to do anything like that for another year or so. But if you still got it by then Id probably hit you up for it.

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
karl 1
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 79 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod