Next Thread
Print Thread
Where do I find Regulations for....? #34123 08/25/2008 8:00 PM
ptb Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi All,

I notice many here have hunted world wide, which is good because I will be assuming they will have answers for me.

I will be relocating to Europe in the very near future. (Northern Italy to be exact) I am aware that they have a deep seated hunting & firearms culture there.
With that being said, where do I find their regulations that I would be operating under and do you know of any handgun hunting problems in place that I might encounter?
Any and all information will be much appriciated.
Thanks,
ptb

Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.
Ps 144:1
Re: Where do I find Regulations for....? [Re: ptb] #34143 08/25/2008 11:54 PM
Gary Offline
Distinguished Master
Distinguished Master
You might try their embassy here in the USA as a place to start. With that said don't believe everything they tell you straight away, sometimes embassy folks have an anti-gun agenda. I know Spain allows handguns for hunting but they have to have at least a 12" barrel to hunt with I believe. I have no idea what Italy allows.

You can't wait any longer. Join the NRA and start writing your Congressmen and Senators.
Re: Where do I find Regulations for....? [Re: Gary] #34270 08/26/2008 11:53 PM
Mikewin Offline
addict
addict
Hunting is very deep-rooted in many parts of Europe but the culture differs very much. In Scandinavia and several other countries/regions, hunting is a sport for the general public. In others, such as the UK, hunting is primarily a sport for the more well-to-do classes.

Handgun hunting, though, is very rare, and Spain and Hungary are the only two countries I currently know of that allow it. Hopefully this will change one day, but given the fact that Swedish bow hunters have been failing to get their sport approved by the relevant authorities for some twenty years now, things will take time....

As a European, I prefer my latte in my NRA coffee mug

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 114 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod