Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
its not a freedom arms but...... #3050 07/20/2004 3:29 AM
jim257 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
i got a browning buckmark 22lr,5 1/2" bull barrel today,it shoots really good.also shot the 454 at 100 yds,its not pin-point but it will put all 6 shots on a standard peice of paper(4 actually on the target and the other 2 on the paper)this was off a bench and rest with 4x scope.i cant wait to try the browning out on small game!(how did i ever make it without a 22 pistol? )jim257

get-r-done
Re: its not a freedom arms but...... [Re: jim257] #3051 07/20/2004 9:01 PM
magman Offline
old hand
old hand
Jim, Go figure. How can anybody be happy without a 22lr pistol? Really like them. Have 4 or 5 and they ain't FA but they sure are fun to shoot.

NRA LIFE MEMBER NAHC LIFE MEMBER
Re: its not a freedom arms but...... [Re: magman] #3052 07/20/2004 9:59 PM
Gary Offline
Distinguished Master
Distinguished Master
That Browning is a nice little gun. I've thought about buying one several times myself but just haven't.

I used to have several High Standards and a Browning Medalist that was just too sweet but legal fees from a divorce got the best of that collection. I actually had my hands on a very nice HS when I spotted the FA on the rack. It was a good bit cheaper but I couldn't pass up the FA 22. I'd been looking at them for a while.

You can't wait any longer. Join the NRA and start writing your Congressmen and Senators.
Re: its not a freedom arms but...... [Re: Gary] #3053 07/21/2004 1:54 AM
coltfan Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Gary,
Which High Standard were you looking at? I stumbled on a Victor in mint condition a ways back. My son ended up buying it. Great gun. I myself went with a S&W model 41. Also a great gun. I've been eying up several S&W model 17's and 18's. Just waiting for the right one to show up when I have a few extra bucks in my pocket. Seems the nice guns turn up when I'm flat broke, which is most of the time.

Magman is absolutely correct. Those .22's are just a ton of fun.

Jim, I was seriously considering the 5.5" target version of the buckmark when I bought the 41. I liked the integral scope rail. Plus I heard and read lots of good reports on them. Congrats on your purchase.

Re: its not a freedom arms but...... [Re: coltfan] #3054 07/21/2004 2:04 AM
Gary Offline
Distinguished Master
Distinguished Master
I think it had super sport on the side of the barrel. It had 98%+ blueing left and was really a nice gun for ~$500. HS made a ton of different models and you really have to be a student of the gun to know what you're buying but I've never had one that didn't shoot. The 41 is a great gun too. That was another one in my collection that I had forgotten about till you said something. I had to shoot a charging cat once with my 41. It jammed after the first shot and things got a little tense when a wild feline that was living in the crawl space under my house decided it didn't like the sting of a 22HP. Todd Jarrett would have been proud of the speed reload I did to finish that fight. I'm not kidding that cat really did try to get me. Kind of scarey with only a flashlight and a gun. It's hard to imagine the fear a really big kitty that is intent on mayhem could induce.

You can't wait any longer. Join the NRA and start writing your Congressmen and Senators.
Re: its not a freedom arms but...... [Re: jim257] #3055 07/21/2004 2:42 AM
Tigger Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Congrats on the Buckmark jim257. Magman is right they are great fun. Sure does maximize the fun factor. I have 4 different handguns in 22.

Coltfan I have a S&W model 17, great gun!

NRA Life Member

** NEVER! Moon a Werewolf!!**

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 84 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod